test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A suggestion for Skirmish Looting

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Not sure if this is supposed to go in a different area or not but I couldn't find anyplace for suggestions.

My suggestion is for skirmishes, and only skirmishes. Have it set up so that people can only loot the stuff on the ground when there are no mobs on the field. This would stop the constant spam when someone decides to pick up loot instead of fight and the the screen fills up with the Need/Greed/Pass windows. Skirmishes are short enough that nothing is going to disappear from the ground and by not allowing looting while mobs are on the field you can be a little more sure that everyone is actually focusing on the fight.
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Honestly I have just never really noticed it as a problem in dungeons. In dungeons I have noticed that most people actually do wait for the mobs to be killed.

Events never occurred to me as I seldom participate, but yeah, for dungeons and events as well then.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be better of they finally allowed us to move the stupid loot window , for some reason we can move the result window from loot rolls but the window that shows what items have been picked up is stuck dead in the center of the screen , no idea why people feel the need to pick up every piece of trash during combat anyways , do they think it will disappear if they don't ?.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    do they think it will disappear if they don't ?.

Actually, loot does fade out after a period of time, though I haven't sat down with a stopwatch to figure out how long it persists.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree, my suggestion would be: "let the loot window ONLY pop up out of combat".
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    How about a loot mode where it waits until the end of the dungeon for rolls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A loot mode that allowed people to pick stuff up but not show the NGP windows and just automatically rolled for people. If it was set to need then anyone who could roll need on an item it would auto roll that for them then just place it in their inventory when they won. If it was set to greed then everything whether someone could use it or not would be rolled as greed for everyone. This would mean no NGP windows and no result windows ever in skirmishes, dungeons and so on.

Individuals could also set up their own preferences. You could have need always for runestones. Need only for blue or higher. Pass on all greens and lower with exceptions for runestones.

I know in skirmishes I can't believe level 60 toons are bothering with the green 60 items, I know I don't want them but obviously some people do. I would want a chance at any runestones and blues though. So if I was able to set my own prefs...roll need only on blue or higher...exception runestones. Then any skirmish or dungeon I entered would follow those rules unless the leader of a skirmish or dungeon set it differently. So if it was set to need dungeon, then everyone would get a roll on everything they could use and everything else would be greed...but my rules would further refine those rules and I would be excluded from any green loot with the exception of runestones which I would be rolled need just like everyone else, and then blues I would be rolled like everyone else. If the leader rolled greed then I would still be excluded from all green items, but everything else runestones and all blues I would be rolled greed just like everyone else.

I doubt that they would do any of this, but still, something to fix the spam windows in the middle of the screen would be nice if they can't come up with a better fix. But they should be able to limit people looting when mobs are active, they do it now for chests and nodes, shouldn't be that much harder to add loot to that I would think.
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The easiest solution would be for them to use the same drop system as in CTAs, where the loot drops are exclusive to the character that can see them. Only boss drops really make any sense being party shared.

I would especially argue that all profession nodes and chests should be made exclusive to the character and not the even worse system of first come first serve for most drops and party shared on unidentified items.

This would stop the complaining about the loot roll pop ups as they'd become so rare as to become a non-issue. Not that they shouldn't be move-able via the UI editor, but in the end moving the loot spam doesn't help as much as getting rid of it.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • majorslaughtrmajorslaughtr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zoiks100 wrote: »
    The easiest solution would be for them to use the same drop system as in CTAs, where the loot drops are exclusive to the character that can see them. Only boss drops really make any sense being party shared.

I would especially argue that all profession nodes and chests should be made exclusive to the character and not the even worse system of first come first serve for most drops and party shared on unidentified items.

This would stop the complaining about the loot roll pop ups as they'd become so rare as to become a non-issue. Not that they shouldn't be move-able via the UI editor, but in the end moving the loot spam doesn't help as much as getting rid of it.

But what about characters who dont have all the AoE's, namely TR if you were to do that ,agreed with chests but not point 1
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually, loot does fade out after a period of time, though I haven't sat down with a stopwatch to figure out how long it persists.

I think it is safe to say that it doesn't fade out in the few seconds it takes to destroy most groups of mobs and leave combat.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    Not sure if this is supposed to go in a different area or not but I couldn't find anyplace for suggestions.

My suggestion is for skirmishes, and only skirmishes. Have it set up so that people can only loot the stuff on the ground when there are no mobs on the field. This would stop the constant spam when someone decides to pick up loot instead of fight and the the screen fills up with the Need/Greed/Pass windows. Skirmishes are short enough that nothing is going to disappear from the ground and by not allowing looting while mobs are on the field you can be a little more sure that everyone is actually focusing on the fight.

I have a "better" idea. Set all skirmishes to the same loot mode as the CTA events.

(Better is, of course, a matter of personal opinion)
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But what about characters who dont have all the AoE's, namely TR if you were to do that ,agreed with chests but not point 1

In CTAs they appear to use the same drop rules as in any other group content. Seemingly regardless of whether the specific player character does any damage to a mob or not, as long as they're in the party when it dies then potentially items drop for them. The only exception in a group would be the enchants like dragon hoard, fey blessing, etc. Those require you get the actual killing blow in order to have a chance at a proc.

The difference in a CTA, compared to other group content, is that the drops each character sees are ONLY for that character, no loot rolls are needed.

So there would be no reason to worry about tagging all the mobs in order to get drops.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.