test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there an option somewhere in settings to change this

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
You know when you are in a dungeon or a skirmish, and someone is picking stuff up to be rolled on. You take the few seconds to hit greed but then the little boxes come up that say who won what....okay those boxes, is there anyway to make them disappear faster. Sometimes there are boxes right down the middle of the screen I can't even see what I am supposed to be killing, and it would be really great to have them disappear or not show up at all.
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    You know when you are in a dungeon or a skirmish, and someone is picking stuff up to be rolled on. You take the few seconds to hit greed but then the little boxes come up that say who won what....okay those boxes, is there anyway to make them disappear faster. Sometimes there are boxes right down the middle of the screen I can't even see what I am supposed to be killing, and it would be really great to have them disappear or not show up at all.

Currently, there is no way to shut this off, nor alter where its position appears.

However, you can press the ESC key on your keyboard to eliminate the boxes.

Note, you have to press ESC for each box that pops up.

Hope this helps! :)

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Currently, there is no way to shut this off, nor alter where its position appears.

However, you can press the ESC key on your keyboard to eliminate the boxes.

Note, you have to press ESC for each box that pops up.

Hope this helps! :)

If you go to the esc menu and do the arrange hud option you can hide the notification window for loot roll results.. I did it a month ago and couldnt be happier. The above poster is correct with hitting esc to close it but totally wrong about not being able to hide it.
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you go to the esc menu and do the arrange hud option you can hide the notification window for loot roll results.. I did it a month ago and couldnt be happier. The above poster is correct with hitting esc to close it but totally wrong about not being able to hide it.

Yes that does work. Thanks very much. The boxes come up for you to roll on and of course disappear immediately once you have rolled. But the boxes showing who got what never appear on the screen.
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ahh, my mistake. Thank you for the correction. :o

Still, it would be great to move the Need/Greed/Pass Window elsewhere.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah it would be really nice to have that window show up on the side, but I can live with it where it is since it disappears as soon as you choose.

Are the keys for need/greed/pass bindable to other keys. I mean could they be bound to 1, 2 and 3 no shift?

What I would really like to see is that nobody can loot an item on the ground while there are mobs on the field. That would stop these idiots who instead of fighting are running around grabbing the loot. If they had to wait til all the mobs cleared then it would certainly reduce the aggravation that the NGP window adds.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    Are the keys for need/greed/pass bindable to other keys. I mean could they be bound to 1, 2 and 3 no shift?
    Yes, they're in the keybind options. I have mine bound to Numpad 1, 2, and 3. I've never been overly annoyed by loot rolls because A) I can hit ESCAPE if I am too busy or B) I can quickly hit the numpad key to roll.

Slightly annoyed, sure. The only issue I have is the issue that I cannot reposition the loot roll drop down for things needing to be rolled on. I'd like to have this on the right of my screen and not in the middle. At the resolution I have to play in (1360x768 to play on my TV), pending loot rolls take up too much of the screen.

This needs to be updated to allow this in the Rearrange UI options.