test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yay, Zeb!

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    congratulations! That was a nice interview, I agree with guild and player housing :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Thanks! Glad I could share a bit of myself with everyone. Yeah, housing is one of the most important things to me in MMORPGs, that I enjoy when done right.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Congratulations Zeb :)

I also agree with the housing idea. It would be great if that was added ^^
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So that's where the "Valindra's crown" comes from. I've always wondered.

Where does that noble chest come from anyway?
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Good interview. It's nice to see the human side of the mobs
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ikapamk wrote: »
    Good interview. It's nice to see the human side of the mobs

Great, now I'm going to feel guilty any time I kill a mob :c
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice interview zeb. Why haven't we done a dungeon together yet?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »

It was a special promotional box that was given to press and cryptic staff.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Noble%27s_Chest
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congrats Zeb!!! Glad they picked you for their first player spotlight. Real miss playing with ya, and I miss all your DnD lore and knowldge. Hey shame on Cryptic for not mentioning that!!! Take care Bud, and hope to catch ya in game sometime.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congrats! Excellent interview.
    zebular wrote:
    playing with one of my cat familiars (or as they call it, "serving them")
    Ha! They've trained you well I see. Mysterious little critters.
    ...oops, gotta go -- just got summoned for a belly rub. :cool:
  • Options
    miseryanklastmiseryanklast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congratulations Zebumouth, you finally got what you wanted. We remember everything you have done for us :)
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gratz zeb! :) Glad someone old-school is on top of things here.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    congrats Mr.Zebular!

@comment-ers
    come on guys you make it sound like he's going somewhere with no returning in mind :confused:
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Awesome interview Zeb. :D

pandora1x wrote: »

It came with the Neverwinter Noble Chest. This was a limited production item given out through various promotions and giveaways and perhaps to staff members although I am not sure if that aspect is true.

However the Neverwinter Noble Chest is the one physical thank you we did receive for volunteering to moderate the forums. The chest is actually of pretty good quality and comes with a key in order to open it. Inside it contains a statue of Valindra, a book with bits of lore, a CD installation disc, a very good quality cloth map of Neverwinter and a card with a brief bit of lore and a key code for Valindra's Crown.
    WholeThing_zpsc772c76e.jpg
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It came with the Neverwinter Noble Chest. This was a limited production item given out through various promotions and giveaways and perhaps to staff members although I am not sure if that aspect is true.

However the Neverwinter Noble Chest is the one physical thank you we did receive for volunteering to moderate the forums. The chest is actually of pretty good quality and comes with a key in order to open it. Inside it contains a statue of Valindra, a book with bits of lore, a CD installation disc, a very good quality cloth map of Neverwinter and a card with a brief bit of lore and a key code for Valindra's Crown.

That looks pretty cool!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bless you for bringing up UO. That was the first graphical MMO I played back in the mid-90s. I STILL miss that game sometimes. The character progression and housing in UO strikes me as being the best possible way for an MMO since it simply had no silly "end game" - you could evolve your character forever.

As the founder of one of the larger guilds in Neverwinter, I second Guild housing. I'd also like to see the member limit upped to *at least* 2000 -- that would let me accommodate all the Cloaks into a single guild, though given the current roster, we'd hit that max in a few months. 5000 would be better. :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah, kvet. It's hard to not talk about my history with MMOs and not mention my first love. UO was my first and so far, longest played MMO. I played it very hardcore from September of 1997 (Baja Shard opening day) until 2004 but it wasn't until 2007 that I stopped all-together and haven't went back. By the end of my major playing in UO in 2004, I had marvelous estate just outside Britain in the northern swamp that consisted of a Castle, a Keep, a Large Tower, a L-Shaped Villa, and 3 custom 6x6 plots. At one time, I had 25 accounts with 5-6 characters on each shard per account, with Baja and Origin being my main. Before the one house per account change, I was what was known as a "Land Baron" but I often gave away 6x6 houses for free to what I assumed were new or struggling players.

During my early years with UO, I was also a UO Counselor and when Oceania came, I became Counselor Lord Magister there until the Counselor Program was disolved due to some bad apples suing EA over the program.

Ever since, housing has been the major system that I end up loving, craving, or hating in all MMORPGs that I've played since... and I've played nearly everyone to hit the Western market and many overseas too. UO remains the one MMORPG that I compare all other MMORPG's housing systems to. To me, an MMORPG without housing is an incomplete MMORPG.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Grats Zebular! Nice interview.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR