Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141015a.2

2»

Comments

• Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I disagree, due 2 things:

First at all: knowing the drop rates and what item is dropped by a particular mob is a really useful way to lower prices on AH (A green belt consting 2M AD is a bit crazy, in example) and help newbies to know "where to go to gear myself propperly". In other MMOs, this is the best help for newbies together with some advice from other players.

Second one: Knowing the drop rate will help us to tell DEVs if RNG is working propperly or not. Making, in example, 100 great success on "black ice beholder" and get not main hand weapon with a 0.01% on drop rate (again, in example) will tell us if that is WAI or not and tell DEVs so.

Also, i suggest DEVs to let players get other currencies (Glory, money, seals, black ice, etc) from salvaging purple items instead of just "raw astral diamons" and to dissable "/commands" on PvP, this way, they will get rid of bots on PvP for good (they already dissabled the "admin //commands", so, this change on PvP will be not a difficult one).

your math in your second point are very very wrong.
  • Options
    lofarianlofarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New Rogue ability shadowy oportunity does zero dmg.
    Dazing strike sometimes has a cone of 10 or 20 feet, striking all enemies in that range. The supposed ranged is 3 feet cylinder.
  • Options
    dargrotdargrot Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Actually, drop % is completely irrelevant as you can't influence it in any way, so the knowledge of the chance is pretty much void.

What matters is, where drops what and we already have that provided with really convenient tool in game.

And regarding the patch, I am completely in love with cleric changes, it finally doesn't feel trash and it might finally be useful for pvp as burst heal or debuff dps.

Wrong. An actual percentage means a lot. It tells me whether I want to spend my time grinding for something. The only reason they don't do this is because they like changing numbers in the background (basically stealth nerfs/buffs).

If the book drop went from .01% to .05% then it is still not worth my time. I feel like I am dealing with used car salesmen.... step right up, you now have and even greater chance to win XXXXX. What we will probably get next is "we have increased the drop rates of XXXX & XXXX by 500%" .....grind, grind, grind, my little hamsters.
  • Options
    pheeopheeo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Few sugestions that u can edit in the game.
    1. Completly rework Instigator tree in gwf. (is useless in comparison with Sentinel and Destroyer tree)

2. Get back prone for gwf or remove it from pvp completly.

3. Revork Party Matching system. Nobody use it for Epic Dungeons and Epic skirmish

4. Remove death penaly from Icewind pvp zones. It is insane!
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dargrot wrote: »
    Wrong. An actual percentage means a lot. It tells me whether I want to spend my time grinding for something. The only reason they don't do this is because they like changing numbers in the background (basically stealth nerfs/buffs).

If the book drop went from .01% to .05% then it is still not worth my time. I feel like I am dealing with used car salesmen.... step right up, you now have and even greater chance to win XXXXX. What we will probably get next is "we have increased the drop rates of XXXX & XXXX by 500%" .....grind, grind, grind, my little hamsters.

Well, if you're going for BIS items, the drop rates won't really matter to you, because you'll want that certain items anyway.
    If you're going for specific items, it doesn't matter as well, because you still want that specific items.

This is why for me it doesn't really matter if I know the drop rate or not, just the place and the boss.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, if you're going for BIS items, the drop rates won't really matter to you, because you'll want that certain items anyway.
    If you're going for specific items, it doesn't matter as well, because you still want that specific items.

This is why for me it doesn't really matter if I know the drop rate or not, just the place and the boss.

You take the view of being the center of the universe, your not... many want to know the odds. And if not having the odds doesn't matter to you, then having the odds doesn't matter to you either... so why argue about it? You trolling?
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well you have made WM even more useless. giving nothing in return. oh well crybabies such a crybabies. Guess now we will have TR vs CW stage mostly.

Also you introduced even more HE - are you going to finally fix drop rate for them? Still no BI bracers from IWD. If it will be same as in IWD i really wont even bother playing HE ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You take the view of being the center of the universe, your not... many want to know the odds. And if not having the odds doesn't matter to you, then having the odds doesn't matter to you either... so why argue about it? You trolling?
    I'm talking logically, the stuff that actually makes sense, you know, the stuff that usually won't appear on mmo game forum.
    I know there is a group that wants to know this, I'm just talking about usefulness of the data.

If a single drop could be acquired from multiple random sources, then yea, % and knowing it makes all the sense, but if its just X item from Y boss only, well, its not really important to know the drop rate, because you don't have alternative source anyway, knowing the drop rate or not won't make you skip the boss anyway if this is the item you are going for, it also won't help you get it in any way.
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can you tell me how is possible that a 1% chance out from 100 Great Successes is wrong to know if the drop rate is correct or incorrect? (Yes, i know i took it into a "linear succession", not as a "random event")

at the first post you wrote "out of 100" and then 0.01% which is wrong and should have been 1% or 0.01 but not both
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Your point is based on "if i want a item, i will farm it anyway", right? Then, tell you is not the same "i want to farm a belt from LoL for 1 day" than "i must farm a Belt from LoL for 5 straight days"...

Umm, rng does not work like that.
    To say it as simple as I can:

RNG works the way that you have a chance to get X item of Y boss and the chance is between "first run drop" and "never" for all items that have drop rate greater then 0% and lesser then 100%.

It is not a direct indicator of how long you will need to farm something, because its not a bar you need to fill by farming the boss, you might get needed item with chance close to 0 on your first run, you might never see an item with 50% drop rate.

Again, the knowledge of the % rate is advantageous in absolutely no way to anyone except instant gratification kids who go for sure drops when you have only a single source of the drop.
  • Options
    nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait? You guys aren't nerfing Astral Shield, right?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm talking logically, the stuff that actually makes sense, you know, the stuff that usually won't appear on mmo game forum.
    I know there is a group that wants to know this, I'm just talking about usefulness of the data.

If a single drop could be acquired from multiple random sources, then yea, % and knowing it makes all the sense, but if its just X item from Y boss only, well, its not really important to know the drop rate, because you don't have alternative source anyway, knowing the drop rate or not won't make you skip the boss anyway if this is the item you are going for, it also won't help you get it in any way.

This is "logical" only if your world is Neverwinter. Mine is Earth. I am not going to form sores on my a$$ farming something with a .01% chance. You apparently have different priorities... therefore it seems "logical" to you. As I stated before... whether from multiple sources or one, if something, even from the best source, has a .01% chance, I want to know this... my time is a resource I like to manage, you can't get it back.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As I stated before... whether from multiple sources or one, if something, even from the best source, has a .01% chance, I want to know this... my time is a resource I like to manage, you can't get it back.
    Agreed.

Had to chime in here... the drop chance (%) of an item is irrelevant if and only if all of the following conditions are met:
    1. the item drops from 1 source only
    2. the item is Bind on Acquire (meaning I can't buy it from the Auction Housse)
    3. the item is extremely desirable or Best-in-Slot

Actually, even if all the conditions are true, I'd still want to know the % chance - if I have less than a 0.5% chance of obtaining the item from its only source, then I most probably will decide to not farm it, and instead spend my valuable game time going after some other carrots.

In conclusion, there is absolutely no condition possible in any MMO where the drop chance % of an item would truly be irrelevant to the players.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    gcut123gcut123 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    loloolol a 4th Fox Shift nerf.

HR's are the next on the list who will be rendered useless.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Also /killme still doesn't work since mod 3. Which is important when people get stuck.

If you can't get unstuck, you can still ask to be defeated and sent to the fire, but you have to go through the help menu.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mogbaar wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I dont know but whats about the Second SW Paragon ?
    It should release simular with Mod5 but i cannot Skill it o.ö

Do you know more about that topic ? :O

All we know so far is that the paragon path is called Soulbinder , I would guess it will go up on preview within the next week or two .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you can't get unstuck, you can still ask to be defeated and sent to the fire, but you have to go through the help menu.

I realise that but newbies may not and if they were to ask in zone chat I may be too busy or lazy to write all of the steps
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    soo question ...all the new armor has a 10 debuff for defense and crit on it ...does it stack since its on everyone's armor
  • Options
    haxa6haxa6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    you have no idea how downhearted players get running the same instances time after time after time and never getting the drops they need , can't wait to see if the drop rates are decent.
    I bet they have and thats the deal, Donate or Grind (months of grinding). Though upd notes looks fine, i have no hope to get something actually valuable.
    And above all, don't really care.
  • Options
    alucard#9522 alucard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thx for making me change my tr to another class great job dev team
    1 -ps:not perma
    2 -ps: i was happy with the base damage increased now u nerf that too so why playing with this class
This discussion has been closed.