test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Companions - are the lesser bonding runestones on the AH Companions too?

blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
New player here, I hope this makes sense. I wish to acquire an Ioun Stone of Allure. The AH pricing seemed more favorable than buying from the Zen store at the current exchange rate.

But, I realized that none of the ones on the AH seem to have any runestones showing on the tool tip. I don't know if runestones show up there at all, or if the Zen store-advertised "now comes with a lesser bonding runestone" is permanently equipped (as a 'feature' :)) So, if someone were to purchase a stone from the Zen market, is it possible/probable that they take the runestone off of it and sell it separately on the AH?

I'd prefer to buy on the AH, but I think I also would like the bonding runestone. If I have to buy (or refine) a runestone separately, it's not actually "cheaper".

Thanks for any insight!
Post edited by blackjackwidow on

Comments

• Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, if someone were to purchase a stone from the Zen market, is it possible/probable that they take the runestone off of it and sell it separately on the AH?

That's basically what is happening. When you buy a companion from the zen store a Lesser Bonding Runestone is also placed in your pack. It's not equipped on the companion. People then sell them on the Auction House separately. So if you want both you are probably better off getting the companion from the zen store. If you just want the companion the AH is probably cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thank you so much for the quick answer! Completely solved my question.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    . . . The only way to equip a runestone on a companion is by first equipping, and subsequently binding, the companion first. The companions on the AH, as abaddon523 stated, will not have any runestones with them. I've found good deals at times on companions and runestones to where I still saved by buying off the AH. However, it will usually be cheaper to Sell AD for Zen and then buy the Companion off the Zen Market if one wants both the companion and the runestone they come with in the Zen Market.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . The only way to equip a runestone on a companion is by first equipping, and subsequently binding, the companion first. The companions on the AH, as abaddon523 stated, will not have any runestones with them. I've found good deals at times on companions and runestones to where I still saved by buying off the AH. However, it will usually be cheaper to Sell AD for Zen and then buy the Companion off the Zen Market if one wants both the companion and the runestone they come with in the Zen Market.

Thanks very much for the insight. I think that's what I'll be doing, because I *think* I want the bonding runestone. But the whole refinement thing is a much longer, more confusing thing for me at this time, so we can leave it at that. :)

Thanks again!