test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Earn Exclusive Awards Today!

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7009923-earn-exclusive-rewards-today%21

I was reviewing today's announcement, which was pretty straightforward, except form one area. Under each Zen transfer level, there is a line item is red that says, "You receive a bonus of x% more value!"

What the heck does that mean? Is it bonus Zen or some sort of mystery prize? I'd like to know before I consider parting with my hard-earned money. :)
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They are saying the pet is worth the additional value.

At least 1000 Zen transferred: Skeletal Dog

- Auction House Value: 200,000 AD

- Estimated Dollar Value: $ 4

- You Receive a Bonus of 40% more value!

You spend 10 dollars for 1000 zen. You get 1000 zen and a pet worth 4 dollars. There's your +40% Value.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My reading of it is that those are an expression of the value added by the transfer reward items, according to current AH prices... which will deflate with the influx of items from the promo.

Still, I like this kind of promotion, where you can spend your transferred Zen on whatever you want, whenever you want. Much preferable to the ones that lock you into buying specific items you might not want at all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vb2341vb2341 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can anyone detail how to actually get these rewards? I ordered some Zen through the Arc interface using Google Wallet, and I see no signs of how to get my companions.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    You spend 10 dollars for 1000 zen. You get 1000 zen and a pet worth 4 dollars. There's your +40% Value.

Yes - it's just marketing. You know, like that stupid old tired statement "No one sells it for less!" (You didn't say you sell it for less than anyone else) or "No one does it BETTER!" (You didn't say you do it better than anyone else, either).

All spin to generate interest and value, leaving the only decision to be made is whether the benefit is enough to make you buy (or in this case: transfer than much Zen).

EDIT to fix my sloppazzedlazyfinger typing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ahhh. Ok. I thought it was some sort of special bonus prize. Wishful thinking maybe . . .

Well, I guess those bonus percentages aren't truly accurate, in my book, if you look at the CURRENT prices in the AH for those companions. "Dollar" value means nothing. AD value means everything. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vb2341 wrote: »
    Can anyone detail how to actually get these rewards? I ordered some Zen through the Arc interface using Google Wallet, and I see no signs of how to get my companions.

REREAD THE ANNOUNCEMENT *Carefully* - they explain everything there. However, because I'm feeling like being a nice person I'll save you the trouble:
    How does it work? During the promotion players will receive bonus reward items when they transfer a particular amount into Neverwinter. Each “tier” will reward you with all of that tier’s items and all subsequent tiers as well. Rewards will be given out on 10/14. This promotion does not include Steam Wallet transitions.

In case anyone misses it again, I made it just slightly a little tiny bitty bit more noticeable. :)

OH, and REMEMBER it will be 10/14 aaaaallllll the way until one second before MIDNIGHT on 10/15, so if you don't see your new shines all day, kwitcherbichen and chill-T-F-out. Because patience. As in: Virtue. And all that. LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yes - it's just marketing. You know, like that stupid old tired statement "No one sells it for less!" (You didm;t say you sell it for less than anyone else) or "No one does it BETTER!" (You didm;t say you do it better than anyone else, either).

LOL! You got it!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Ahhh. Ok. I thought it was some sort of special bonus prize. Wishful thinking maybe . . .

Well, I guess those bonus percentages aren't truly accurate, in my book, if you look at the CURRENT prices in the AH for those companions. "Dollar" value means nothing. AD value means everything. :)

Using the Skeletal dog as an example:

You buy 1000 Zen.
    You get a Blue level companion that would cost approximately 200,000 AD.
    200,000 AD = 400 Zen (200,000/500 which is the current exchange rate).
    400 Zen = $4 U.S.

You are buying 1000 Zen ($10 U.S.) - you get to keep ALL your 1000 Zen, the $4 Companion is FREE; so this is the same as getting 1400 Zen for the same $10 U.S. - this = 40% "extra" value. get it? So it's not "false advertising" - it's all true. The question is on how important that is to you. But do understand it really is a true statement - but we are talking about *value* not currencies, and "value" is subjective.

See how that works? So it's a true statement, but something you have to "unspin" to get the true meaning of.

Oh - and with the Priestess of Selune - the $20 example is based on what the Zen Market price would be if it were sold there. So it's still true, but using different "criteria" to make the claim. This is called advertising spin - nothing wrong with it - you just have to keep on your toes with *any* advertising from anyone about anything in here and in real life. :)
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Arrghh! I just transfered zen earlier today T.T

Haha. I'll have to see how much money i have left in my bank, the Priestess of Selune looks pretty awesome and i am intrigued by the Redcap Powie.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Note that just buying the Zen wouldn't be sufficient. For this promotion, you need to put your Zen into Neverwinter (though I think Arc does that automatically?), then rewards will be delivered at a later date.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Using the Skeletal dog as an example:

You buy 1000 Zen.
    You get a Blue level companion that would cost approximately 200,000 AD.
    200,000 AD = 400 Zen (200,000/500 which is the current exchange rate).
    400 Zen = $4 U.S.

You are buying 1000 Zen ($10 U.S.) - you get to keep ALL your 1000 Zen, the $4 Companion is FREE; so this is the same as getting 1400 Zen for the same $10 U.S. - this = 40% "extra" value. get it? So it's not "false advertising" - it's all true. The question is on how important that is to you. But do understand it really is a true statement - but we are talking about *value* not currencies, and "value" is subjective.

See how that works? So it's a true statement, but something you have to "unspin" to get the true meaning of.

Try it with the next levels of Zen transfer.

I get 7% (not 80% advertised) bonus for the 3000 Zen transfer (3000 Zen = 1.5 Mil AD and the companion's AD value is only 100k AD)

I get 73% (not 113% advertised) bonus for the 6000 Zen transfer (6000 Zen = 3 Mil AD and the companion's AD value is 2.2 Mil AD)

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The priestess actually sells for around 1 million, and they've dropped a 0 (whee, you found the typo in the news post).

They're also giving you cumulative value, since each tier gives you everything from the prior tiers.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Try it with the next levels of Zen transfer.

I get 7% (not 80% advertised) bonus for the 3000 Zen transfer (3000 Zen = 1.5 Mil AD and the companion's AD value is only 100k AD)

I get 73% (not 113% advertised) bonus for the 6000 Zen transfer (6000 Zen = 3 Mil AD and the companion's AD value is 2.2 Mil AD)

Did you include the previous values? All of the options also get the reward from the lower priced options.
    I'd know, but I refuse to do more math than I've done. Hahaha

Edit.. Disregard, I see they are already including that. Now my brain hurts.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    They're also giving you cumulative value, since each tier gives you everything from the prior tiers.

Excellent point! And as I've said: value is subjective and relative. I, for example, am somewhat interested in the Priestess companion and Nightmare Mount but none of the rest (I already have two blue Skeletal dogs) - and I already have more account-wide Mounts and companions than I can possibly use if I were to give each alt only one.

The the real question is: is there anything in the Zen Market you want? If not, will your Zen convert to enough AD to buy whatever you want in the AH? This is were the real decision lay. well, at least for me it is. :)

OH, and has anyone notice the Priestess of Selune looks IDENTICAL to the old freebie Cleric companion - except with different colors? //JustAsking
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I tend to hold off on transferring my Zen for programs like this one if possible, unless I need more for a sale. I'm not sure what's in the wallet right now. Don't really care about the mount, but I have not collected the powrie and the prior time it was offered it was tied to items I would never buy.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vaultfairy wrote: »
    Arrghh! I just transfered zen earlier today T.T

Haha. I'll have to see how much money i have left in my bank, the Priestess of Selune looks pretty awesome and i am intrigued by the Redcap Powie.

My take on my Powrie:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?763801-Anyone-seen-the-Redcap-Powrie-in-action&p=9061551&viewfull=1#post9061551

She's demure and submissive...like the Wehrmacht marching through Poland. Critters should *not* get in her way.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    My take on my Powrie:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?763801-Anyone-seen-the-Redcap-Powrie-in-action&p=9061551&viewfull=1#post9061551

She's demure and submissive...like the Wehrmacht marching through Poland. Critters should *not* get in her way.

Thanks for that! I'll have a read :o
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm considering spending some to pick up the cleric and the dog. Not that I need the dog. Still have a dozen in my bank for future alts, but another never hurts. Neither am I a fan of non-augment companions in general. But the cleric is kinda neat. And I was already considering spending a little. Was thinking about waiting till the next Zen sale thing. But this might do instead. Promotion says it goes until the 13th... so I have time to think on it.
    OH, and has anyone notice the Priestess of Selune looks IDENTICAL to the old freebie Cleric companion - except with different colors? //JustAsking

If you mean just the looks, no. She doesn't really look anything like the old cleric to me. The face is different (eyes aren't as big for example). Missing the scar. Hair is different. Armor design is similar but different. And as you said the colors are different.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited October 2014

In addition to having their facial features based on the old models (Cleric Disciple) and new models (Priestess of Sune), they have different hairstyles, different armor, and the priestess lacks the facial scar. Their bodies are probably pretty similar, but there's only so much variance available to human females in the first place.

They both stand like clerics when not doing anything else. There's a new sequence of idle animations for healer companions, which I've noticed on the Apprentice Healer and Barbarian Shaman as well as the Priestess (facepalm and exalting the heavens gestures). I've never really noticed the Cleric Disciple (or Faithful Initiate) doing anything, unlike the other original basic companions.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good news: Cool rewards
    Bad news: During the last Zen sale I didn't recall how to store it in my wallet for later. (d'oh)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ok, i'm tired and it's been a long day/night. can a mod or someone else please let me know if i have to transfer zen for each level one at a time or can i just do the 15,000 all at once and thus get all bonus items?
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can just do it all at once, each tier includes the bonus for the previous one(s).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok. I did not think of the cumulative totals for the higher levels of Zen transfer.

And it is good to know that the Priestess is worth a lot more than 100k AD!