test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xvim Set and the Artifact Belts - A Coexisting Solution?

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I may be weird, but I love my Xvim set and don't want to break it up. However, the new artifact belts pretty much force you to break up the Xvim set if you want to use one.

So, I am stuck in a dilemma. The belt is tempting, but I really want to keep my Xvim set.

Maybe the peeps at Cryptic can resolve this somehow by changing the Xvim belt into something else, like gauntlets? Just a thought.

Does anyone else love their Xvim set bonus?
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Xvim set is aimed at levelling characters, and at handing down to new alts. It's account bound for that exact reason.

None of the pieces has particularly good stats for level 60. You can get perfectly decent epic rings and a necklace for less than their salvage value and get your money back if/when you replace them.

The set bonus has a lengthy internal cooldown, and the numbers are small. Really not worth giving up the equipment slots to wear it once you can have grownup epic equipment instead, even if you *don't* have an artifact belt.

Compare stats on a cheap Grand belt with good stats for any specific build to a Xvim belt where you get what you get. The Xvim set bonus isn't worth that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hmmmm. Ok. It just seems like a nice set effect. I have noticed it ever since I bought the set.

So, what replacement ring/amulet would you recommend for a TR then? :)

And no black ice gear please. I don't like gear that degenerates. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Hmmmm. Ok. It just seems like a nice set effect. I have noticed it ever since I bought the set.

The BI accessories don't degenerate.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

First off, black ice accessories do not deteriorate (or have to be empowered), second, as a TR you have access to rings of preservation/executioner, these are what you should be using, they will improve your survivability considerably, especially if you have 30k+ HP. For belt/neck you can find pretty much any stats you need to stack (armpen/crit/power/recovery, ect).

Like the others said, Xvim set is only good for leveling, even if the ICD was very low, it still wouldn't stack up against better stat alternatives, at 5 minutes, it's totally worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Really depends on the gaps in your stats, and I don't know what the rest of your gear is like.

Grand Excorcist's (sic) Necklace of Blessings and Grand Fugitive's Necklace of Revolt have both served me well. Pilgrim could be good (power/deflect/lifesteal). There are a lot of different stat combinations, and all have offense slots. On some items, an Ancient one may be only a little more expensive than a Grand, so it's worth familiarizing yourself before you buy.

Rings also come in a variety of stat combinations and may have offense or defense slots. I actually like defense slots for when I want to stack hitpoints, and other people feel differently. You might want to pay a visit to the Drake seal vendor and look at the "Minor Grand" rings, as stats and slots for all tiers of these items will be consistent, and only the numbers change. Surgeon's Rings can be good if you don't already have a ton of crit. Pyrotechnic has even more crit but other useful offensive stats.

A lot of TRs even get good use out of rings from the Pegasus seal vendor.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Blue rings + lvl 60 artifact belt - way too good to ignore. +4 dex / int / etc ... means insane bonus alone, not to mention other stats boost.
    Artifact belts at lvl 60 are making the other ones looking like an innocent joke :) imho ofc
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    mmmmmm nah, stick with the regen rings over minor grand any day, they were, and still are, OP as f :D. If I could use em on every class, I would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok. Lots of good suggestions. Thanks!

• Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I must mention the "of the shores" set. Look into it as well. The set bonus can more then make up for combinations of rings and necklace. Also as someone said the regen rings are nice as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    The BI accessories don't degenerate.

I've been giving this more thought . . . What is the use for the black ice "potions" that you can get every day from the dwarf in IWD?

I am confused because I was under the impression that black ice gear deteriorated somehow - the potions support this assumption, right?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    I must mention the "of the shores" set. Look into it as well. The set bonus can more then make up for combinations of rings and necklace. Also as someone said the regen rings are nice as well.

Yes, I noticed those "of the shore" items as well. I am guessing they are still expensive since they are newer.

In searching the Wiki, I can't find any rings with "executioner" or "preservation" or "regeneration" in the title. I did find a BLUE ring called Greater Ring of Health, that gives +500 Max HP and +188 Regen. Maybe this is the ring?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I've been giving this more thought . . . What is the use for the black ice "potions" that you can get every day from the dwarf in IWD?

I am confused because I was under the impression that black ice gear deteriorated somehow - the potions support this assumption, right?

The cloaks, belts, and rings do not decay. All the stuff you have to craft for yourself does (armor and weapon sets).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I noticed those "of the shore" items as well. I am guessing they are still expensive since they are newer.

In searching the Wiki, I can't find any rings with "executioner" or "preservation" or "regeneration" in the title. I did find a BLUE ring called Greater Ring of Health, that gives +500 Max HP and +188 Regen. Maybe this is the ring?

Nah, TRs had the old Seal of the Executioner at the Pegasus seal vendor (long ago), which was later replaced with the updated Seal of the Executioner from the astral diamond jewelry vendor and the Ring of Preservation from the Pegasus seal vendor. All of them give a large amount of regen.

I doubt anybody has bothered to wiki-ize items that aren't dungeon drops.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Nice. Thanks for the detailed info, beckylunatic!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    It's sort of hard to go wrong on a TR getting Pegasus seal rings because it's not like you really had better things to do with those seals/bounty items.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Greater Ring of Health is from Cragmire Crypt 2nd boss. Ive gotten many of them, ran a CC today to help and got 1. If youd like you can haz :) Used to be more popular when we had less options.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The "Decay" mechanic for Black Ice Gear is actually different enough from any other "Decay" type of items that I have no actual problems with it. Basically, in this scenario you need to think of Black Ice as "Gas". Your equipment does not even start to decay unless you run out of Gas. And Gas is plentiful and free. And you can fuel up anytime you want as long as you have some Gas with you. And you can carry as much Gas around as you want. Just playing the Dailies in the Dale you will get enough Gas to fuel your Black Ice Gear until the heat death of the Universe renders the point moot. The Overload Enchants are a different matter. They DO decay. But they are quick and easy to make, or you can buy them on the AH for chump change. Heck, if you do the Skirmishes for the Dale and ToD, you will find all the Overloads you will ever need.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The Greater Ring of Health is from Cragmire Crypt 2nd boss. Ive gotten many of them, ran a CC today to help and got 1. If youd like you can haz :) Used to be more popular when we had less options.

It used to be more popular until the introduction of the Ring of Shielding which has superior stats apart from (50 regen)