test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in favor of Legendary off-hands, accessories and armor?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
We all know its coming. Soon, every slot in your gear will have a legendary gear option with more stats, unique stats, and more sockets.

Since these are really expensive items (be it the ingredients or the gear itself), I have to assume they will be gating it once again through RNG.

What do you guys think about this [possible] direction in the future?

update: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?774201-More-power-creep-to-come-artifacts-with-a-set-bonus
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Legendary off-hands would be nice, no need to go further now.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Well its inevitable. Im guessing they made their share of money on it. And thats mostly what the game is about now. I have already started looking for other games. Im only playing it casually until mod5 to see if there are any changes, but my hopes are not up
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    hell no... the gap between an old player and a new one is too high already. In the GWF forum someone added the gear costs and made it to 100+ mil ad for a full toon...
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    how about a legendary dungeon instead that drops r7 or 8 enchants
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No and no. I ceased to play a couple of weeks ago waiting for M5 to hit preview, and I didn't get the belt or leveled my weapon above blue. All I was doing is dailies and didn't have time to anything more. I know the reason of implementing that gear was to favor cash spenders or AH players, what about the other 90% of the playerbase? If they make that gear easier to obtain and level up - ok, go on, do more of it, if it stays as it is now - please no.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I think it'll happen because this is the direction this game has been taking for a long time.

And we can deny it all we want, but this game is a lot more gear based than skill based. Sure, you could spend time thinking about powers and synergy all you want, but the "common" build with high gear should probably grant you enough tools to make sure you succeed in both PvE and PvP.

In a way it even extends the gameplay for some, because we're starting to see more and more players with 20k+ gear score and legendary artifacts. What else do they have to do? Repeat the same dungeons? Join domination and destroy players with 2k-12k lower GS than theirs? Not to mention it makes perfect sense financially...

This will hurt the casual players though. Legendary weapons are all about how much AD you put in them, and this is basically translated to - long farming times, or quick paying times...
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes because they've already done it and there's no reason not to go any further. The gap between top and lowered geared players already exists to an extent that widening that gap doesn't really matter. Especially at least an off hand to go with the main hand.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    basicaly no. otherwise. there must be drastic changes for PVP asap. i like the idea for example halved all stats when you are flagged or whatever. massive overhaul as soon as ....
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    unless they change refining - no its a ****ton of RP for belt you have 0.00000000000% chance to get
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Whats the problem here?
    The difference between an epic artifact belt and a black ice belt is only minor. For pve, nobody needs any legendary items. NOBODY!
    For pvp, the difference is noticeable, but thats they was mmos work. Grind alot and have an advantage.

Actually, for beginners it was never as easy as today to gear up. I think most of the forum complainers about gear difference and powercreep forget how the beginning was.

Today, as a beginner, you have alot of daily quests rewarding you ad, you can salvage epic items, you basicly get three artifacts for free, and alot of easy reachable boons for stats and gear score. Ref points are very cheap, enchantments also.

The truth is: a player who has only 8k gs after playing a couple of days at lvl60 is a very very lazy one. Or just plain bad. If people dont have the brains to inform themselfes about gearing up, class speccs and ad earning, they simply dont deserve to have any legendary items.

You can bash me now for my "elitism", or maye just recognize that i am talking about common sense regarding playing. If you play CounterStrike or CoD, you dont use a keyboard only, right?
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Legendary off-hand, maybe accessories, yes. But not armor.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    beginners have it easy with 20+mil RP req for artifacts, RNG on belts on top of gear ?

back when i started u get t2 set + ancient weapon set and then just enchants, and you could actually get items that are worth selling in dungeons, not like now when you fight rng with 0.00001% chances and mounds of RP to supply bots with AD, and 5 pets that cost 2mil+ each
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Actually, for beginners it was never as easy as today to gear up. I think most of the forum complainers about gear difference and powercreep forget how the beginning was.

The power creep is very real. It is now easier to get decent gear to do content, but there's a much bigger gap now compared to earlier. There's a tonne of dailies that are time gated and repetitive to catch up on, there's of course the glyphs and special pots top pvpers use that average joe can't afford to replenish, there's artifacts which have a massive difference from low levels whereas when you only had enchants, thats only 30/40 stats per rank up, being behind a little on those won't make too much of a difference, but now there's a lot more to be behind on. On top of that, legendary equipment have an extra slot to further increase the gap that non legendaries (pretty much most people won't get) have. The +con for example in the belt makes up for the lack of defence slot at earlier levels.

However with the imbalance already there, adding more stuff doesn't really matter if the matches are already one sided. The ones who are actually balanced will still be balanced, the ones with better gear will own you as they've always been able to.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If the refining process is refined to make it less likely to cause carpal tunnel syndrome, then yes.

It is certainly more difficult to new players to gear up via the AH, as prices are completely ridiculous. But it is much easier to gear up via content if you have friends who have been playing for a while and already have high end gear. Epic Dread Vault is still the worst, but other dungeons are much more playable with the better gear.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Voted NO but ...

As the first post of the topic stated "they are coming ..." so what difference will this post make - not a single one.

Every patch / module will always have more BOP and more $ sink whatever you want it or not :)

SO chill .. farm ... search for daddy's Visa ...
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    The ones who are actually balanced will still be balanced, the ones with better gear will own you as they've always been able to.

So then your complaint really is new players won't be able to compete with older players in PvP?

Because it sure is easier these days to gear up than when the game launched. And honestly, getting an Artifact weapon and getting up to purple still makes it BiS for every class, and that's much, much easier to do than get the CN weapon back in the day, or farm for the pieces of the other weapons in Valindra's or Malabog's. Far easier, in fact. And substantially less expensive.

But again, back to the PvP thing. Is this the great imbalance you're worried about? Because PvP around here really isn't that big of a deal...the PvP community couldn't even put together 100 screenshots to win a double glory weekend. And even if it is a big deal, then they just need to normalize stats in PvP. Even the playing field and see what happens...but I know exactly what will happen. All the big name PvPers and PvP guilds who've poured tons of money and AD into their characters so they can beat up on characters with 8-10k less GS would leave.

However, when it comes to getting geared for PvE and obtaining a mid to high teen GS, it's never been easier in this game.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    However, when it comes to getting geared for PvE and obtaining a mid to high teen GS, it's never been easier in this game.

That's pretty much due to difficulty not scaling with the gear inflation though.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The difference between an epic artifact belt and a black ice belt is only minor

this is really crazy suggestion. I assure you i get dexterity belt on my 14,5 gs Ranger, quickly promote to blue and damage difference is huuge really believe me
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Legendary stuff sound fine, but really problem is to get and upgrade this stuff. I am rather old player, actually i am tryying to made my artifact legenrady since my enchants are rank 9, new weapon is blue and belt's drop is a yoke.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Your post is so wrong in my opinion and I'm going to break it down and tell you why I think it's wrong. I started playing Neverwinter before the Hunter Ranger class and Dread Ring were introduced, but Sharandar was around. I think it's pre-Mod 2? So we can talk "beginnings". After a few months I took a break from the game and returned recently.
    Today, as a beginner, you have alot of daily quests rewarding you ad, you can salvage epic items, you basicly get three artifacts for free, and alot of easy reachable boons for stats and gear score. Ref points are very cheap, enchantments also.
    Daily quests rewarding you AD - like what? Daily PvP domination? Daily Dungeon? Didn't we have that since the beginning too? Making AD was always and will always be about leadership and dailies, but they give you RAD. Which means you're capped at 24k a day unless you make many many characters and to do that you need to PURCHASE character slots with real money or farm them with the AD you make, it's an investment that takes a good few months before it starts paying off, and until that point you're stuck with extremely limited gear that makes you hell of a lesser player in PvP and somewhere between bad to useless in PvE. You don't "Progress" your gear as you play this way, you just get a pulse of AD at some point, which isn't enjoyable to any player.
    You talked about the easy reachable boons - LOL, if they're easy to reach for anyone then how to they help you in anything? Don't you understand that people now expect players to have 14k gear score before going to freaking T2 dungeons thanks to those boons? And those "easy to reach" boons require 3 hours of playing time every day for about a month to get MOST of them. Wow. 3 hours JUST for boons, no dungeons, no PvP, nothing. Just the same quests over and over again. Easy to reach for who exactly???
    Ref points are very cheap? Cheap for who? Why are people with maxed artifacts rare if refining points are EASY TO GET???
    And let me tell you another secret: In the beginning the economy wasn't super inflated as it is right now (Thank you bugs and bots), Tell me in how many months or even years of farming would it take a player to get end-game gear??
    The truth is: a player who has only 8k gs after playing a couple of days at lvl60 is a very very lazy one. Or just plain bad. If people dont have the brains to inform themselfes about gearing up, class speccs and ad earning, they simply dont deserve to have any legendary items.
    No, the truth is, a player who has only 8k gs after a couple of days at playing at level 60 is really just a casual gamer. We aren't all extreme players who spend 6 hours a day playing a virtual game. I LOL'd when you said it's about brains. Gearing up is about 0 skill, 0 brains, just time or money investment, nothing more. And who are you to decide who's "worthy" of legendary items and who's not... lmao
    You can bash me now for my "elitism", or maye just recognize that i am talking about common sense regarding playing. If you play CounterStrike or CoD, you dont use a keyboard only, right?
    Well, when you play counterstrike you COULD do some things to give you a very marginal advantage - Like getting the fastest PC, gaming equipment (headphones/mouse/keyboard/etc), proper configurations and macros - But it will still come down to who has more skill, who has better instincts, etc - Those are things that you learn as you play (Very similar to gear, except skill is global, so if for example you're a good CS player, you'll probably be a not to bad COD player either - while if you're a good Neverwinter player it's not like you could "export" your gear and be good at Lineage 2)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No!

It's way too long/demanding to upgrade. I'm just doing it with what i'm looting and if things keep going that slow i won't even be done with my belt in 6 months... And i'm only working on one artifact, which is the belt. The amount of resources it takes is crazy and right now we don't need more of that.

I've played other (F2P) games having similar gear upgrades, and in those games the implementation is far better. You can actually play the game to upgrade your gear to almost max level without too much of a hassle. But they're handing over players craptons of the equivalent of refinment points. Just play the game and you'll see significant improvements to your gear. Here? It's a nightmare to loot a single peridot playing endgame content (dungeons) when our inventories should be spammed with peridots considering what artifact gear is and what it takes.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    Wall of useless text

I play since beta and I know the time today and in the past. The dungeons became EASIER while everyones gear improved. I have many friends who have never paid a dime in this game, have hard jobs, family and even kids, and still manage to get perfects and legendaries. Legit. They are just using their brains, playing effective and dont wasting their time doing pvp or foundries for pitty diamonds.

Playing super casual is fine. Do what brings u fun.
    But STOP COMPLAINING about beeing outclassed gear and skillwise if u play this game super casual.
    U dont get legendaries or perfects by playing casual. Its not needed for that type of playstyle either.

With two hours of playing you can easily get 100k ad. Which means, in a week your char could have at least hae r6s, epic items and blue artifacts. The first two boons of every campain can be unlocked by playing half an hour a day.
    This game is actually so super easy and you can obtain epic gear so fast, everybody running around in greens or blues in pve has to be a very lazy or non thinking player.

If u have played since beta you would know how difficult gearing up was in past times.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Haven't even gotten artifact gear yet. Trying to drown me to death with chores?
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If u have played since beta you would know how difficult gearing up was in past times.

When I hit 60 on my first character, I bought full T1 pvp set, put R5s in each slot available and was geared enough to compete in pvp and complete most of the T2s.

Gearing to the decent lvl is way harder now, then in beta. The difference is before your "decent" gear was way too low to faceroll T2s but enough to succeed in PvP, now it's the opposite. And PvE is pointless nowadays in comparison to beta, yes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I play since beta and I know the time today and in the past. The dungeons became EASIER while everyones gear improved.

Some have become more difficult, such as Epic Dread Vault, which is so much more irritating than it used to be - which was already considerable.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Some have become more difficult, such as Epic Dread Vault, which is so much more irritating than it used to be - which was already considerable.

What are you talking about? EDV has been nerfed several time. Now duergars don't prone anymore, mindlflayer's daze is extremely short, and damage isn't as high as it used to be. This place is yet another casual faceroll now. Enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I play since beta and I know the time today and in the past. The dungeons became EASIER while everyones gear improved. I have many friends who have never paid a dime in this game, have hard jobs, family and even kids, and still manage to get perfects and legendaries. Legit. They are just using their brains, playing effective and dont wasting their time doing pvp or foundries for pitty diamonds.

Playing super casual is fine. Do what brings u fun.
    But STOP COMPLAINING about beeing outclassed gear and skillwise if u play this game super casual.
    U dont get legendaries or perfects by playing casual. Its not needed for that type of playstyle either.

With two hours of playing you can easily get 100k ad. Which means, in a week your char could have at least hae r6s, epic items and blue artifacts. The first two boons of every campain can be unlocked by playing half an hour a day.
    This game is actually so super easy and you can obtain epic gear so fast, everybody running around in greens or blues in pve has to be a very lazy or non thinking player.

First I'd like to thank you for respecting my opinion and the discussion by quoting my post as "wall of useless text". So much for an intelligent discussion (Ironic how you keep talking about "using brain").

Second, please tell me how a new player makes 100k in 2 hours. What is this "using their brain" you keep mentioning? Do they solve an equation or a riddle? The only way to make AD in such short time is simply paying for zen and converting it to AD, at least when you're a new player...

Third, Getting the first two boons of every campaign can be unlocked by playing a TOTAL OF HALF AN HOUR A DAY?? get real dude... Maybe 30 minutes per campaign and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt...

And fourth, please tell me, which gear difference is bigger: A player that uses the 1st tier of PvP set (I think they're called "Battlefield"?) against a player of a T2 set - Which was the case in Mod 1 - or a Player using a T2 set against a player using a Black Ice set with artifact weapon, belt, and glyphs - Which is the case now?

Yes dungeons are easier now, yes it's not difficult to get a T2 set, or even CN weapons, for sure a lot easier than it was back then. But it's not like time has stopped man. Those equipments are considered low-mid nowdays.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, please, also let us increase our companions to legendary level, new rings, necklaces, off-hand, shirt, pants, legendary reinforcement kits crafted only with very, very hard to get mats and let us gain a whole set bonus based in the number of legendary items that we have on, we need more AD sinks. :D
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, please, also let us increase our companions to legendary level, new rings, necklaces, off-hand, shirt, pants, legendary reinforcement kits crafted only with very, very hard to get mats and let us gain a whole set bonus based in the number of legendary items that we have on, we need more AD sinks. :D

Btw this guy is being serious!

Check the trade channel in-game and you will see.