test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why no news/announcment for the dwarf companion promotional event?

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Those black ice dudes, and dumb mages with deflect just popped up on the AH, with absolutely no notice that it was going on? Or how long it's going to last.
Post edited by ghoulz66 on

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They're in the Tradebar store, and while I recall seeing it listed I believe you had to check the calendar to see it.

Specifically, in the calendar on Preview.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just curious: Are you referring to the Duergar Theurge and the Black Ice Prospector (that are, according to the Wiki) dropping from the Twisted Dwarf Scroll Case?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just curious: Are you referring to the Duergar Theurge and the Black Ice Prospector (that are, according to the Wiki) falling from the Twisted Dwarf Scroll Case?

Must be, it's an event on the calendar on Mimic but not on Dragon. Little odd, but neat companions. Fun for a few character themes, like dwarven solidarity or a drow who came to the surface with his slaves.

The Wiki dates are either incorrect or it is a bug that it is available now.

• Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pictures of stats and actives anyone?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Duergar with no special active is hardly worth it unlike the chicken. Nobody seem to like the other either. Got it for the bonus threat on companion.

Blackice Miner is bigger than a normal dwarf, sigh...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Pictures of stats and actives anyone?

Active for the Black Ice Prospector is +25% threat, so you might enjoy it for Leeroy. :)
    I think that the Theurge is +165 lifesteal and Deflect.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Active for the Black Ice Prospector is +25% threat, so you might enjoy it for Leeroy. :)

That and owl not too shabby, stuff attacks companion right off the bat. Archery HRs would benefit greatly as I'm using the combo with a SW.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Check it again. its +25% threat to your COMPANION not to yourself.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Check it again. its +25% threat to your COMPANION not to yourself.

Already knew that. Why would I get an owl AND the dwarf if they'd cancel eachother out?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Already knew that. Why would I get an owl AND the dwarf if they'd cancel eachother out?

How would they cancel each other out? The owl lowers your threat. The dwarf will raise the threat on your companion. This would only serve to boost the tanking the ability of any pet you might have tanking for you.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    How would they cancel each other out? The owl lowers your threat. The dwarf will raise the threat on your companion. This would only serve to boost the tanking the ability of any pet you might have tanking for you.

Still already knew it, WOULDN'T waste 800k if I didn't know!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Still already knew it, WOULDN'T waste 800k if I didn't know!

Then why ask if they would cancel each other out if you clearly knew how they work?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    He was saying he wouldn't get the dwarf to use in conjunction with an owl if it increased personal threat and not companion, but that they actually do work very well together.

It was weird that this event was shown on preview but wasn't in the live calendar. It was actually going on? Huh.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2014