test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to solo dungeons?

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
I realize that soloing the cloak tower is possible at level 60, but what would be the earliest level it would be possible. Could a level 20 warlock manage it? Level 30? Or do you really have to be level 50 or 60?
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It depends upon the dungeon really. For example, if you were level 30 with decent gear, you could probably solo the final party dungeon in an area two "areas" lower than you.

There are a lot of variables involved, with gear making a big impact.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Staying alone in a group of one is not easy, the queue system will keep adding people into your solo group.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can enter directly at the door.

It's easy to solo the heroics at level 60 (though dread vault takes a long time). I've soloed them all that way.

I've never tested it on a partially leveled character. Normally I have the "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO 60" disease and can't help but rush.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Soloing Cloak Tower is possible for a decent player in their 20s that has ok gear, but bring lots of potions and injury kits because you'll still get beat up. I've only done this on TR and CW. No way do you need to be level 50 or 60 for CT... probably not until normal Grey Wolf Den is there much to be nervous about without access to epic equipment or top tier powers, and that only because the final boss fight is fairly difficult to manage alone because it's hard to deal damage because you need to move around so much.

If you have things like scaling gear, high level enchants, or a companion outfitted with epics, then soloing heroics gets much easier.

If you have entered a dungeon via the door (normal versions only), nobody will ever be added to your group because you didn't interact with the queue.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sure it is

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?763511-Why-would-you-stack-CWs-when-1-is-enough-Solo-CN

this cw solo whole cn under an hour, draco 30 min.

tr could do it to but no less then 7,8 hours hours
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I could take a stab at Cloak Tower on my warlock at around 20ish or a bit higher. Might have to see how that goes, thanks all.
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    si signore vamonos ALE ALE!!!!!!
    I thing u can
    go for it arriba arriba andale
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    I realize that soloing the cloak tower is possible at level 60, but what would be the earliest level it would be possible. Could a level 20 warlock manage it? Level 30? Or do you really have to be level 50 or 60?

As others have said it depends on gear. I can solo t2s on my GWF,CW and SW (easiest on CW), for lower levels if youve got rank7s or better in your gear and an epic artifact you should be able to depending on class ofc xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think I finally got my GF to solo CT at lvl 52 - only did it once a level or less.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did cloak tower at level 17 with my tr...its not that difficult. Similarly I did it with every dungeon along the way with the exception of mad dragon. With Tr it is really easy at low levels if you patient and utilise stealth, at the MD level it sort of peters off for a while. Once you get past 45 and get pseudo perma stealth it becomes easier again. Then when you hit 60...you can permastealth due to gear and so dv, even epic DV becomes doable.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    All dungeons are soloable with the right class/spec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like many others I have soloed all the normal dungeons on my lvl 60 CW , never tried to do the epics simply due to randoms being allowed to join so knowing my luck I'd do most of a epic dungeon solo then some tools would join and randomly kick me for no apparent reason xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Like many others I have soloed all the normal dungeons on my lvl 60 CW , never tried to do the epics simply due to randoms being allowed to join so knowing my luck I'd do most of a epic dungeon solo then some tools would join and randomly kick me for no apparent reason xD

Que with 4 friends if you can, then have them log on to other chars so they disconnect, but stay in party. This way you will not have randoms joining - but yes thats annoying I had that happen once xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2014
    I stumbled once upon a quest to do the dungeon in the Rothe valley and soloed it with much pleasure.
    Ever since, I have tried to find a way to solo other dungeons and could not find how I could do that. I never found the door to the dungeon in the whispering caverns for instance, nor for any of the 60's dungeons. I tried to find Malabog's castle's door, but couldn't. :(
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The heroic dungeons are all soloable by walking through the door. Doors are marked on the map with a dungeon entrance icon. They didn't used to be, making them harder to find if you didn't know what you were looking for.

Spoiler for Dread Vault location:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?320352-Normal-Dread-Vaults-Does-anyone-know-where-the-entrance-is

The dungeons with no heroic version do not have doors. I think a "lite" version of all of these would be a welcome addition for people who just want to explore, that work like the heroics and can be entered with any party or no party.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've done all the non epic dungeons more or less solo on my cw for the titles. Sometimes I brought lowbies I found in zone so they could have the trash I would otherwise leave on the ground. They all ran much slower than me and were opening nodes and so on so to say they were contributing in a meaningful way wouldn't be fair and that was ok because I told them I would do the content and they could what they wanted.