• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Sandstorm = Sandstorm Varracht@ralexinor = me

SniperX = @sandstorm777

Ahh I see where the confusion would have come in for me :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    malachimabemalachimabe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    - GWFs no longer use Roar
    - you can get CCed too just as often and nicely in PvP set
    - RG users also have WM that heals them
    - you cannot hold a node vs 2 good players (with CC) in any HR config in this mod, and you were not able to do that in the past mod either. HR just dies 1vs2.

From your 1vs4 claims, I can easily deduce you fight pugs. Show me a video where you hold vs a (known) CW/GWf couple, and I will present you official apologies.

BTW your combatant set will heal you about 10-20% depending on the type of damage you eat.

Compare that with cooldown reductions you no longer have.

As for the fights vs Lothor, REALLY? His class was just fixed. Yours is NOT fixed yet and you can spam **** that goes through his shield. You gotta be a really bad HR to lose vs GFs now, even great ones such as Lothor.

That fight was before his class got fixed :D The reflect dmg you do to GFs is still doing insane dps back, no matter what the patch notes said they fixed its still bugged.
    bi6w07.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    This was one month ago and not current at all. If you feel that combatant is still good please feel free to setup a 1v1.

I have no problems with more 1v1's. However I'm not going to fight 10 times.

In this video I was wearing combatant.
    bi6w07.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I do respect other playstyles.

I don't respect when people come and claim complete superiority as in "yours is trash mine is cool".

Anyway, a Glyph HR will murder anything else, Profound or RG, at same skill level.

Never said this. I don't use glyphs either
    bi6w07.png
  • Options
    kejblkejbl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey there. I'm quite new guy in this game. I have chosen combat hunter for PvE and I like it a lot ! :) But now I have dilemma what weapon enchantment I should use. Combat hunter has -5% crit chance when compared to archery so my suggestion is not to use a vorpal ench. And from my logical point of view - combat has so much dmg numbers in one swing, would be the lightning enchantment best choise ? What do you think ?

Thank you ;)

Edit: Going to grind Roayal Guard set
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you're RG set for PvE, you need a DOT enchant, so Lightning and Greater Plague Fire are your best bets. Lightning isn't worth it unless you have at least a greater though.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ^^ fire could also be a good n cheap option as it also has a dot.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Today someone from our guild said that RG set has some internal invisible cooldown. So it can not proc more than 1-2x per minute ? Also I have found that combination of 2 pieces of grand warden and 2 pieces of dread legion gets 900 crit and vorpal will be the best option :)) .. So many possibilities :( ...
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kejbl wrote: »
    Today someone from our guild said that RG set has some internal invisible cooldown. So it can not proc more than 1-2x per minute ? Also I have found that combination of 2 pieces of grand warden and 2 pieces of dread legion gets 900 crit and vorpal will be the best option :)) .. So many possibilities :( ...

RG can benefit from any damage dealt. So this means RG may benefit from Rain, any DoT, Blade storm. This is what make is so good.
    As for me RG is less tankier last time i tested it with that boons i had at that time. Plus speed is important from me. But like i sad top HR are top because of person behind the keyboard not armor set they use. I had seen yesterday Deadstorm from Essence of aggression with 21k GS against my temp SW with 15k GS no pvp gear. I killed him twice. Then he did like 10 for me )).
    At the same time CW with 19.5k gs got 0 kills as was just wining in mic. So it really depends on person imho.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    RG has no invisible cooldown.

2 PC Grand Warden/Dread Legion is better for Archery based HRs than it is for melee. For melee you will do much more damage with a PLightning/Bilethorn/Plaguefire and Royal Guard than you will with extra 10% crit because of your fast attack speeds. RG or 2 PC GW/DL on an Archery HR are both good - depends on the situation and your team. If team are keeping mobs together enough for you to spam RoA and get multiple RG procs, then RG is better, but otherwise GW/DL 2/2 can be better. Depends on your playstyle and the situation.

Also, Flaming has a proc limit since you can only stack it 3 times. Bilethorn is better than Flaming because of your attack speed and imo Lightning is much better in any aoe setting. Greater Plague Fire is also probably better than Flaming because of the debuff unless someone else in your party already has one.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    yes the 2/2s is for archers to stack up that crit rating for all the crit severity.

another very good option for archer is 2 BI (helm n bracers) / 2 DL or 2 GW depending if u want more crit or more ls. so u get overloads to slot glyphs.

or just 4 pc BI, which im tending to favour right now.

yeah flaming is probably the worst of the dot enchants, but it has one thing going for it, its the cheapest XD
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Black Ice gear, whether Corrupted or Purified, just lacks too much offensive stats for me to consider giving up RG. I went into Kessell's Retreat once and equipped by CBI set, changing out all my gems from RG, and my crit and ArP ratings were both super low, while my power also took a hit. It means I would have to swap out all my offensive Radiants for Darks or Azures to compensate, leaving me with even less power. I don't like the fact that the stats on BI and Draconic sets are all mixed. I preferred the previous styles. Makes it easier to manage stats IMO.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    huh?? what are u smoking?

Corrupted BI has the most power of all sets!

and enough crit, I have around 3k crit without gearing specifically for it, no azures and just the standard power crit rec/arp jewelry.... How can ur crit rating be lower with corrpted than with RG? rg has ZERO crit.

u do have to gear for some arp though.... but with boons dragon tooth and dex belt u just need to use one ancient excorcist necklace.... if ur lower than 14 str, with 15 not even that. thing is it has 0 ls (but so does rg) but with soo much defense (double what a standard set has) u can just use darks in defensive enchantment slots....

and im talking t2, if u empower it to t3 it puts all other sets to shame.

dunno u can argue about royal guard having a great set bonus, but in no way u can defend its stats as they are horrible, go over arp cap (so wasted stats) no crit and the power isnt that great. then it has 2 defensive rolls which are reg and defelct, not even ls..... which take away one offensive stat. Grandwarden is Sooo much better statwise and for vorpal archer the set bonus is around as effective depending on the situation ( lots of mob bunching rg wins spread out <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gw wins)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ximae wrote: »

and enough crit, I have around 3k crit without gearing specifically for it, no azures and just the standard power crit rec/arp jewelry.... How can ur crit rating be lower with corrpted than with RG? rg has ZERO crit.

u do have to gear for some arp though.... but with boons dragon tooth and dex belt u just need to use one ancient excorcist necklace.... if ur lower than 14 str, with 15 not even that. thing is it has 0 ls (but so does rg) but with soo much defense (double what a standard set has) u can just use darks in defensive enchantment slots....

dunno u can argue about royal guard having a great set bonus, but in no way u can defend its stats as they are horrible, go over arp cap (so wasted stats) no crit and the power isnt that great. then it has 2 defensive rolls which are reg and defelct, not even ls..... which take away one offensive stat. Grandwarden is Sooo much better statwise and for vorpal archer the set bonus is around as effective depending on the situation ( lots of mob bunching rg wins spread out <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gw wins)

I'll equip my BI gear tonight to make sure BUT not all four pieces of CBI gear has power on it so I doubt it has more than RG. I have absolutely no issues with ArP cap in RG set. It means I don't have to equip a single off-piece with ArP on it. I plan to reroll ability scores anyway to lower my Strength from 16 to maybe 14 or 12. I'd benefit from more Wisdom. Just slotting the 2 Pegasus Rings fixes low crit problems. Artifact weapon and belt means you will be completely sorted for crit if you include the boons. I already use Radiants in all my offensive slots so by switching to GW I lose a craptonne of power so I don't see how that set-up is better for Vorpal Archers. Also as GW has same amounts of crit and ArP on the four pieces wouldn't you run the risk of overcapping your ArP anyway like with RG?
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    all 4 BI pcs have power. 3 326 power rolls and a 508 one. 1486 power in total in t2 in t3 it gets ridiculous at 1646 power.

as for the rest of the offensive stats its 2972 stats (t2) vs 3008 (including the 450 arp in 2 set bonus). so not that many more and many less if u empower it to t3.

yeah crit is easy to get but ur sort of having to get one stat rings to compensate (meaning no power there). but yeah the artifact equipment will sort u out without them once u level them high enough.

yeah for rg u have to use a low str roll so u dont waste stats, unless pvper....

no Gw has pretty low arp, as it shares it with recovery, its dread legion which has aa bit more arp but much lower than rg.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah sorry my bad. Just equipped my CBI set and it does indeed have more power and crit. ArP is way too low though, only 12% without the 16 Strength, which would still put me way below the required 24%. With the RG set having no crit it only makes sense to use the 2 Pegasus rings, which at 478 apiece is only less than the new eLoL and SoR rings, which equate to 500 in stats. Plus offensive slots means you have power in Radiants. Even if you select neck, rings and belt all with crit you won't get close to the crit that 2 Pegasus rings provide. A buttload of crit at the expense of 308 power at the most.

Discount my comments on the GW set - I got it horribly wrong :o
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just completed my royal guard gear all from dungeon drops boc,

Good thing i didnt spend though it barely procs on my greater lightning enchantment, and the speed on the set is strocious also i dropped 300 gs when im wearing it

Must have plaguefire probsbly to work ok. Love my lightning enchantment think will stick with it

Im back wearing profound combatant spent 40 g moving enchantments back and forth
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ximae wrote: »

So this set is best even for PvE ? and what enchantment will suits the most ?
  • Options
    captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kejbl wrote: »
    So this set is best even for PvE ? and what enchantment will suits the most ?

I use profound combatant as most PvE is steam rolled anyway. I also prefer the run speed and not lagging behind the group.

The stats are well balanced also and I end up with almost some GS but less crit which can be boosted anyway,