test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In your dream mod 5, what changes would you make / have ?

2»

Comments

• ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A seperate 1-60 storyline for us to level alts in. Somewhere aside from neverwinter.

Also foundry to be beefed up. If they beefed up foundry rewards, and add the ability for triggers to carry on through the map (and proper triggers) and multiple quests/quest givers per foundry I wouldn't even need the first thing. A foundry community could build an alternate 1-60 leveling campaign.

Separate pvp builds. Maybe with armory bags that hold your pvp gear in it, and pve gear in it when you go into either. That way you don't have two suits of armor in your inventory.
  • lenthowlenthow Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2014
    rversant wrote: »
    In your dream mod 5, what changes would you make / have

I would like them to add an actual "End Game" objective to this game. Other games have "end game" content for both PVE and PVP players and sometimes combine the two by adding PVE content with high reward drops in very high risk PVP zones. Adding new items to further increase your GS is just another form of endless leveling and grind. After grinding your way to obtain max level in other MMO's, you typically end the grind and then begin focusing on end game objectives, whether it be sieging/defending/holding castles, cities or territories or what have you.

Add more maps to PVP. 2 Maps to play on is ridiculous.

Add more game modes for PVP. 1 Game mode for PVP is ridiculous.

Create a better match making system which goes by GS, and do not allow people to swap out armor or weapons, etc, once they are in the PVP map, to safe guard against people trying to manipulate the match making system.

Create a none item based pvp Game mode. You can do this without sacrificing the diversity of builds and gear, by allowing people to build templates through a template builder which just works for inside this one PVP gamemode/zone, where they can all choose from the same pool of items and gear. You could save different templates and builds so that you could just select one of your presaved templates once you have already built some, so that it isn't a tedious thing that has to be done every single time you want to pvp in the skill based pvp game mode. Put no restriction on level for this so that any new player can participate in truly skill based pvp. This can easily be achieved in a similar way as the CTA skirmishes work. This will draw a lot more people to this game who are interested in PVP and once they feel the fluid game engine and mechanics, they will be hooked.

Make a real "Open World PVP" instance. Not an instance where there is a huge map, and in one little bitty corner of the map there is a section that you can choose to go into or not, that is called the PVP zone. That is not open world pvp. It should be an area with good drops or higher drop rates of some sort, to drive people to the zone, but the whole zone should be a pvp zone. One big *** map, so that people can try to hide and be alone and do their own thing if they want to try and avoid people, but are always at risk. This is the whole idea of Risk vs Reward. Higher drop rates and better drops or special drops vs the risk of being PK'd or ganked by other players.

Add real dungeon Raids which require a host of people.. Similar to the heroic Encounters we have now, except far more difficult bosses, with better AI, and an actual dungeon it takes place in that takes 10-20+ people to march through and get to the boss and be victorious.

Add housing. Even if it is just guild houses.. Add them. Any type of housing.. Allow unique customization of houses. This also would draw more people to this game. This could also function as a really good AD/Zen Sink.

Make crafting more than just a click and wait for task to be finished, process. There should be much more depth to the crafting system and crafting should be worth having, unlike how useless it is for the most part now. This would also draw more people to this game.

This game has so much potential and has such a bad *** feel to the controls of it, which makes combat, whether PVP or PVE, so much fun in this game.. It is a shame that this game is left in it's current state, with no END GAME at all at the moment.. and with each patch, the new "end game content" they release, is just more stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (artifact weapons and accessories, with a new artifact Necklace in the works, yipeee! get ready for yet another Daily grind + RP grind. /sarcasm) to have to grind for, to increase the already inflated GS scores.. This is not end game content. It is just another form of endless leveling and grind. Don't be fooled. Instead of grinding actual levels though, you are grinding GS, which functions the same as increasing your level. 22k GS player = level 80, 10k gs player = fresh level 60

Make a real End Game for this game or don't expect to retain a long lasting player base. You will have a revolving door at best.
  • kendaricvkendaricv Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My dream mod 5:

Housing added to the game
    Getting rid of the campaign boons in favor of an actual alternate advancement system (like EQ2 for example)
    Lowering the AD cost to transmute item appearances (it's cosmetic, there's zero reason for the cost being this high)
    Ability to disable visuals on various equipment pieces (shirt, chest armour, gloves)
    Ability to disable VFX on weapons/armour

Ability to create actual boss fights in the foundry without workarounds
    Ability to define AND/OR statements in the foundry
    Ability to influence loot in the foundry/better loot in the end chest
    Ability to define factions/behaviour in the foundry
    Loads of more assets for the foundry
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lenthow wrote: »
    Add real dungeon Raids which require a host of people.. Similar to the heroic Encounters we have now, except far more difficult bosses, with better AI, and an actual dungeon it takes place in that takes 10-20+ people to march through and get to the boss and be victorious.

Absolutely not.

Other games have raids. This one does not. If you want hardcore raiding, play those other games.

I much prefer having 5-person dungeon experiences that do not consume all of my time.
  • ipuaiwahaipuaiwaha Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1) A special key you can get that vastly increases the drop rate from one chest. You can only use the key once per day. This will allow people who don't farm the same skirmish/dungeon to get good loot, while making sure the . . . very dedicated won't be able to farm everything in a week, then complain about lack of content.

2) Vastly expand the foundry. It can become the goose that lays the golden egg, a wellspring of infinite new content that keeps on giving, all for very little cost to Perfect World. However, it needs some support to reach that stage.

3) The devs should release a statement on what they think each class should do. What is their vision for the Guardian Fighter/Control Wizard etc. It seems to me that they're beginning to veer away from more flexible parties that don't need dedicated tanks/healers and back to the Unholy Trinity, and I'd like to know if this is true, or that it was unintended, or that the Unholy Trinity was intended from the beginning.

4) More difficulty levels, with increases loot drop chances for each one.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Foundry foundry foundry:

Water volumes, as per STO Foundry (really? STO foundry has something NW doesn't??)
    Time-scaled rewards, again as per STO Foundry, so that if someone wants to do a 1 hour mission they don't feel they are wasting their time.
    Friends' suggestions, so that you can see missions that folks on your friends list really liked.
    Predictive matching, so you can see missions that other folks who liked the same missions you did also liked.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Make Glyphs viable ONLY by the Wondrous Bazaar for a price that is gonna discourage even the Richest of the players
    plus remove the unmitigated damage there.I dont have problem dying if i know that the other players have payed 150k ad.
    dont nerf classes, instead give more power in the underpowered ones.

An artifact that gives straight up 2k HP is like having +10 in con.or 1 ring that has 700HP is tike having +3 in CON.No one cant think enough to see that? Or is it that they feel nice when they use it?
    Nerf HP, or put a % in gear that boosts HP, whatever works for u . Its unheard of to have on a team a TR that can easily have the same HP as GF.U probably cud put a diminishing return in HP always depending on a class.
    Just keep in mind this: when a class that is supposed to have 29-24k HP can be able to play with 44-70k HP its like having AT LEAST 60 CON!!! DO U THINK IT IS AS IT SHOULD BE? OR YOU HAVENT PLAYED EVER ACTUAL PEN AND PAPER DnD??????

Make player skill more important than build .I know that it sounds stupid but it actually is not. A player should decide THE WAY he wants to play and be able to make it happen, not read a guide and learn to play as another one.ITS BORING THAT WAY.

and most important of all FIX BUGS , WE CANT KNOW WHAT WORKS OR NOT IF NOTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All current bugs to be fixed.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What I'd like to see for mod 5...

1. Foundry Bosses... Love this aspect of the game. Really hope you guys are improving it. I think you are, right? I mean I looked at the TOD whispering caverns lair. The final boss. And he is nothing but a shocktroop devil. Same voice, same attacks. You guys just put a costume on him and gave it a boss healthbar. Certainly you can add something similar for us to use in the foundry. Anyway, hope we get that in mod5.

2. Foundry Rewards... Need all kinds. Most pressing is time related. Make an hour long foundry worth it. Change the daily quests to require tokens instead of quest completions. Have a foundry reward a number of tokens based on how long it takes on average. That way someone can do their daily with one hour-long quest instead of just four different fifteen minute ones. Go ahead and bump up the daily quest rewards while you are at it. :)

3. Bugfix Powers... Sort out the CW power types. To many feats boost power types (control, aoe, single-target, arcane) but the powers that should be aren't getting the boost. Similar issue with SWs and necrotic damage. Fury end feat says it benefits from necrotic damage. Not all necrotic damage works though. Some people are saying even some of our necrotic powers aren't working with it. *For both CW and SW this makes some already strong skills pretty much required. And the others undesirable.*

4. TR change. Hoping for big things with these guys. My TR is my oldest character, but one of my least played. Not a huge fan of permastealth. So he doesn't compare to any of my other characters anymore.

5. Sharandar Campaign. Tweak it slightly so its not twice as long as dread ring. No reason for it to be. I've said before there is a wall at the third boon. Lower it.

6. Ranger. Annoyance factor fix. So we can focus on melee or ranged now with feats. Why the heck does the stance always default back to the bow for melee focused rangers. Every single zone change. Change that maybe? Also maybe even let us hide the bow without using a fashion outfit.

Ok, so that's not everything obviously. Probably not even the most important. Just some stuff that popped into my head while writing this.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    1.Foundry PvP
    2. Sperate queues for premade/solo where solo queue should be solo and not 4 man premade+random.
    3.No more artifact things...
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mystagogue wrote: »
    All current bugs to be fixed.

^^ THIS! Please XD
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Changes to guilds as outlined in a recent thread by a mod.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    1. new pvp maps and modes

2. actual raid

3. rewarding PVE content
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Artifact weapons

I really like the stats for the new artifact pieces. However, I really dislike having to purchase/refine them for over 10 mill AD.

My wish for Mod 5 is that the new artifact weapons (off-hand, necklace) have HIGH drop rates. I want them to drop and sell like Draconic fear, not like the current artifact belts.

Either that, or the artifact weapons (off-hand, necklace) can be obtained through a campaign, like the Dextrous Ring if Evasion/Force, which just requires grind. Unlike the ToD campaign, which requires both grind AND currency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What i would like: An dungeon that got actual D&D-atmosphere and is not just an aoe-party.
    DDO does that pretty well (for an mmo), i wish, cryptic would let itsself get a little inspired by it.

Also i wish for a lot less annoying and atmosphere-killing monetarization system and interesting dailys and not just "kill x of those!".

I doubt we will get any of this someday, not to speak about module 5. But hey, lets dream.
  • thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    Dream Mod 5...
    #1 A Dev team and studio who listen to and implement changes based on player feedback (FIX THE RNG-HELL tyvm)
    #2 Tiamat raid not to suck
    #3 GS filter for PVP matches
    #4 Events that don't suck
    #5 No Bugs, I wan't the damned game to work as intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    #1 bug fixes
    #2 less end grinding and a more over all story like progression
    #3 More story lines and things to do at every level of play and a few new areas for mid level and lower.
    #4 Gnomes
    #5 druid and paladin class released at once.