test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Icy rays is the real problem with CW's in pvp

13»

Comments

• Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This post is non sence. if you watch top 10 page board PVP there is all class represent maybe except healer and SW since it recent class. the rest was practicaly equaly represented until the dragon enchant abuse recently. so going to nerf a class or an other again is only way to kill class. supress the overhelming bonus from dragon enchant first and see what happens. then and only then we can eventually see if a class really overhelm other like it was in v3. and then only we can eventually speack of ajust. ANd if CW have an undosgeable feat (the only one) on opposite we have obsolutly no CC immun system. We can't control running SW or GWF, shield Up GF and TR (both due to untargetable and also impossible to catch). GWF also have inflexible that break ice stack
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Okay but no more crying about Piercing Blades and we're fine!
  • Options
    adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Okay but no more crying about Piercing Blades and we're fine!

too bad piercing blades is 50% of HR's total damage, it goes through GF block and classes dodges, and is essentially the original tenebrous (if you are new, which you probably are, and do not remember the original tenebrous) - it did 3% of your total HP as necrotic damage which at the time was unresistable damage, which then came the downfall of tenes when everyone complained about them as being unfair and they became effected by DR, dodge, and deflect.

Assailing force was pretty bad, but it wasnt nearly as bad as tenes or piercing blades, and that got nerfed twice, down from 9k dmg to 4.5k dmg, to being effected by DR tenacity and deflect.

So its only a matter of time, kiss your "WAI" lame skill-less PB goodbye and then once again we will see who the actually good HRs are
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    too bad piercing blades is 50% of HR's total damage, it goes through GF block and classes dodges, and is essentially the original tenebrous (if you are new, which you probably are, and do not remember the original tenebrous) - it did 3% of your total HP as necrotic damage which at the time was unresistable damage, which then came the downfall of tenes when everyone complained about them as being unfair and they became effected by DR, dodge, and deflect.

Assailing force was pretty bad, but it wasnt nearly as bad as tenes or piercing blades, and that got nerfed twice, down from 9k dmg to 4.5k dmg, to being effected by DR tenacity and deflect.

So its only a matter of time, kiss your "WAI" lame skill-less PB goodbye and then once again we will see who the actually good HRs are

Storm Spell is like 80% of a CWs damage though...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    nope 30% and the majority of top tier pvp CW's spammed the forums for months to try to stop the mod4 change and keep the class the way it was since the start of the game
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can we stop with the myths?

Depending on rotation and if the HR or Cw use **** glyphs (min max numbers from BiS people, PvP not PvE):

- Piercing Blade: 20-30%. About 25% is HR is glyphed (Aspect of flames: 16-18%). More if HR is full RG set.
    - Storm Spell: 15-30%. Less is CW is glyphed. More if CW uses shield on tab and spams RoF. Less if CW uses Icy Rays on Tab and nukes people. I think I only saw one CW doing 30% from SS, I assume he just stood and spammed RoF all day.

These are real numbers, from ACT, not people's imaginations.
  • Options
    steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Melee classes have undodgeable powers, too. They are: Takedown, Flourish, Shocking Execution, and Whirlwind of Blades.

And sprint grants cc immunity and damage reduction is ridiculous.

Overall, melee have many abilities which deviating from D&D too much. How about fixing them first?

LOL You dont PVP much do you?
    im assuming you dont.

Takedown can be dodged.
    Flourish can be Dodged.
    Whirlwind of blades can be dodged.

All of the encounters you mentioned are just fine. Remember they actually have to get to the target first to use them. Not stand a mile away and cast a button.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Whirlwind of blades can be dodged.

It can't. It just isn't told in the tooltip just like Icy Rays.

That's why a good amount of TRs use it. Otherwise it wouldn't be that helpful... just like Icy Rays.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    That's why a good amount of TRs use it. Otherwise it wouldn't be that helpful... just like Icy Rays.

TRs use it because it is their strongest daily.
    Not even sure if there's a way to comment on this.

Not in a polite way. But as you know - people will always find something to complain about. Next one will be Steal Time and Courage Breaker.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    nuudlz wrote: »
    TRs use it because it is their strongest daily.

Not in a polite way. But as you know - people will always find something to complain about. Next one will be Steal Time and Courage Breaker.

OMG. Courage Breaker so OP. It like, slows me down so I can't avoid Duelist Flurries and stuff.

I think the Movement speed Reduction needs to go.:p
    ;);)
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    nope 30% and the majority of top tier pvp CW's spammed the forums for months to try to stop the mod4 change and keep the class the way it was since the start of the game

Exact same with HRs.... Go to our forums and see everyone asking them to revert back and just nerf the set instead of changing EVERYTHING.... So I guess we're on the same page, we both have procs that do a large portion of our damage and we both were begging for a revert before it went live.... Guess we were just screwed over by the devs and overbuffed oh well. I'm not playing my HR until some more changes come anyway

Edit: Not forums the shard lol
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Exact same with HRs.... Go to our forums and see everyone asking them to revert back and just nerf the set instead of changing EVERYTHING.... So I guess we're on the same page, we both have procs that do a large portion of our damage and we both were begging for a revert before it went live.... Guess we were just screwed over by the devs and overbuffed oh well. I'm not playing my HR until some more changes come anyway

Edit: Not forums the shard lol

no, the issue that this thread is discussing isnt proc's, its about unresistible damage (HR PB) the only unresistible damage CW had temporarily was assailing force, which was changed to be resistible. And after HR PB is changed, the next thing everyone will jump to is GF block/SoS/KV or Red dragon glyphs (or mabey all 3 will be changed in 1 patch)
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Melee classes have undodgeable powers, too. They are: Takedown, Flourish, Shocking Execution, and Whirlwind of Blades.

And sprint grants cc immunity and damage reduction is ridiculous.

Overall, melee have many abilities which deviating from D&D too much. How about fixing them first?

Since when Is takedown undodgeable.. Its not a targetted ability and everyone else I go up against seems to be able to dodge it, sometimes it even goes completely on cooldown (not the shorter one) and they dont even take damage or stun from it. I'm one of the ones who thinks takedown should be a prone again. I dont mind is FLS isnt, but Takedown seems like an obvious one. GWF are still reasonably strong, but our only prones now are from dailies whilst GF has encounters that do it.

*not trying to QQ about nerfs / buffs, although I've been dying more since mod4 I felt way too strong as a GWF in mod3*
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    I was explaining how to counter the root (=cc effect). The OP of this thread - who apparently stopped posting some time ago - started this because he felt that the impossibility to avoid the CC is a problem. And I explained in my previous post that that this is not a problem, because there a counters. :) What you and others apparently want is the easy way: to shift around randomly to avoid all damage/CC.

And other people explained options how to avoid getting rooted in the first place. Anyways, I am not going to bumb this qq-thread anymore.
    Actually, at no point have I suggested that I have a problem with Icy Rays. In fact I've defended the current mechanic on a number of threads. I was merely clarifying the difference between Foxes Cunning/Fox Shift and why one wouldn't work whereas the other probably would.

Thanks for playing, though.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    A TR, a striker rogue class, has the ability to fly up in the air like some superhero and land all the way on the top of a pillar? I have no problem if a TR had the ability to climb the pillar and Lashing Blade me to death. That is at least more consistent with a somewhat realistic description of what a TR is supposed to do. But fly up in the air? YOu're kidding, right?

If i recall correct in Erevis Cale series i think rogues can do just that, shadow walk could enable such a thing.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Putting this to rest now as it has become more of an argument thread than a constructive discussion of genuine feedback.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.