test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How exactly am i supposed to get the belt?

abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
After more then 200 skrim runs, 100 epic skrim run. With ZEN key all of them.. over 100 lockboxes opened and still havent gotten my belt.

I mean i know the content is easy and grindable, but seriously, how many more run do i have to do make before it drops?

How about actually giving us a challenge where 1 belt for a random class will 100% drop. Then maybe you have to do it arround 20 times before it drops for your class or 1 if your lucky and they are BoP.
But this current endless grinding we have is worse then playing the lottery. Everyone can play but the winning chances are 0.0000001%
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    they should make a system that raise the drop rate with the total amount of run you made, the more you complete the dungeon the higher the drop rate
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome to IWD part II. I feel your pain. No belt for me yet either. I think most of the people I've seen wearing one got it from a lockbox.
    I aim to misbehave
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    they should make a system that raise the drop rate with the total amount of run you made, the more you complete the dungeon the higher the drop rate

Or they should make the new dungeon challenging like CN was 1 year ago, with guaranteed belt drop for one of the classes.
    Dr. Phil
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Or they should make the new dungeon challenging like CN was 1 year ago, with guaranteed belt drop for one of the classes.

I wouldn't say guaranteed, in what game you have a 100% drop rate for a BiS gear?... make it 10% and the boss should be a real pain in the @ss, and the entire run should be long and challenging...
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've gotten a belt from the lockbox and sold it. Now, considering the refining speed of my artifact weapon, I don't regret selling the belt.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's a 99.9% chance that it will appear in your mailbox if you buy it in the AH.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you are not supposed to get the belt, they invented the belt so you would buy keys for lockboxes :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With ZEN key all of them.. over 100 lockboxes opened and still havent gotten my belt.

If you are prepared to drop that kind of scratch on getting a belt, use AD to buy it from somebody on the AH.

I understand the feeling of people who are completely F2P, and reliant on drops at the mercy of RNG. (They can still save up AD to buy the one they want though.)

But the second you start complaining about trying to get one with lockbox keys, you need to smarten up. They're BoE for good reason.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2014
    If you are prepared to drop that kind of scratch on getting a belt, use AD to buy it from somebody on the AH.

I understand the feeling of people who are completely F2P, and reliant on drops at the mercy of RNG. (They can still save up AD to buy the one they want though.)

But the second you start complaining about trying to get one with lockbox keys, you need to smarten up. They're BoE for good reason.

Yeah too bad the game model is like this. That its better to buy the gear instead of earn it. getting a real sense of accomplishment here...
    Dr. Phil
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah too bad the game model is like this. That its better to buy the gear instead of earn it. getting a real sense of accomplishment here...

Yes the game model is truly bad. It is what you can expect from a F2P where creators dread you will have good gear and never buy their stuff on the cash shop.

You know as well as I do what the "solution" to this really is.

A subscription MMO, where you are treated respectfully, as a customer, and your fun and fulfillment in the game are essential. There you can and will earn your items, and the RNG won't give you nightmares.
    edited September 2014
    Yes the game model is truly bad. It is what you can expect from a F2P where creators dread you will have good gear and never buy their stuff on the cash shop.

A subscription MMO, where you are treated respectfully, as a customer, and your fun and fulfillment in the game are essential. There you can and will earn your items, and the RNG won't give you nightmares.

Well to be fair F2P models dont have to be like this. I sense that mod4 is just a huge AD sink. No real content. Most F2P games, let you play for free, the only thing that costs real life money are usually fashion items and stuff totally unrelated to the actual gameplay. But in this game everything is related to gambling and putting more money into the game. Even after spending countless of money on the game for AD, the next module will be out soon and more money will be required. It feel like they will never stop and let us just enjoy the game for a while.
    Dr. Phil
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    A lot of PVP players have legendary versions of the belt on day 1. And they mostly only PVP! I don't know why you can't do the same thing
    edited September 2014
    A lot of PVP players have legendary versions of the belt on day 1. And they mostly only PVP! I don't know why you can't do the same thing

I already went way over my limit with rank 10s and legendary artifacts. Is really lame that they bring more stuff like this to refine and spend AD on. Its just way over the top.
    Dr. Phil
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    You buy them off the AH, nuff said.

Yep, this is what you get in F2P games, customer retention is not important in games like this which results in the revolving door population we have. If something bad happens and you need customer support and you haven't spent at least 100$ on zen, consider yourself **** outta luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well to be fair F2P models dont have to be like this. I sense that mod4 is just a huge AD sink. No real content. Most F2P games, let you play for free, the only thing that costs real life money are usually fashion items and stuff totally unrelated to the actual gameplay. But in this game everything is related to gambling and putting more money into the game. Even after spending countless of money on the game for AD, the next module will be out soon and more money will be required. It feel like they will never stop and let us just enjoy the game for a while.

This my first and last F2P MMO. I also played an indie (but famous) online-ARPG where there was nothing but cosmetics in the shop and everybody had to grind for their stuff. Kudos to the GGG creators. The grind at the "endgame" was horrendous though and fully gated by RNG - maybe worse than here :)

As a former subscription MMO player, the times that I was a valued customer for 15 USD/month and where each and every good item was gated similarly to every player, by skill/time/dedication, will never leave my mind. There was always the feeling that I am important and my satisfaction is important as well.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    belt, belt ... can you imagine i play TOD from first day on two chars and still dont see any bone or gem?
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    belt, belt ... can you imagine i play TOD from first day on two chars and still dont see any bone or gem?

Only the bone and steel drop during the campaign, to get the gem you need to run the skirmish and dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    of course a i play skirmises and dungeons too :rolleyes:
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rigged?
    you know those games at the carnival or fair you are told not to play?
  • letalinletalin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Complaining about belt drop? There are countless of them on AH.

Access to items is not a big problem in Neverwinter, only issue that comes to mind is with main hand and gloves in IWD. But the belts, getting them is very affordable.

You are all complaining about monstruous grinds or countless runs and so on, and I ain't seen any MMO where gearing up was so easy
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    letalin wrote: »
    Complaining about belt drop? There are countless of them on AH.

Access to items is not a big problem in Neverwinter, only issue that comes to mind is with main hand and gloves in IWD. But the belts, getting them is very affordable.

You are all complaining about monstruous grinds or countless runs and so on, and I ain't seen any MMO where gearing up was so easy

The cheapest belt in AH is the wisdom belt. It currently costs about 2-4 million. If your only source of AD is refining, it will take 42 days of refining every day to get 1 million. That's 84-128 days for a belt. That doesn't even factor refining costs. That's almost 3 months on the cheap end.

Access to max level enchants is actually a problem. If they made it so that upper level enchants didn't require another enchant of the same level, then yes, it's achievable.

Gearing up was relatively easy in World of Warcraft. I've spent about 3 years subscription in WoW terms on this game so far, but in WoW, the gear you currently have isn't made obsolete in 3 months time. (Mod 3 went live May 13, Mod 4 went live August 14.)
  • letalinletalin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tsokushin wrote: »
    The cheapest belt in AH is the wisdom belt. It currently costs about 2-4 million. If your only source of AD is refining, it will take 42 days of refining every day to get 1 million. That's 84-128 days for a belt. That doesn't even factor refining costs. That's almost 3 months on the cheap end.

Access to max level enchants is actually a problem. If they made it so that upper level enchants didn't require another enchant of the same level, then yes, it's achievable.

Gearing up was relatively easy in World of Warcraft. I've spent about 3 years subscription in WoW terms on this game so far, but in WoW, the gear you currently have isn't made obsolete in 3 months time. (Mod 3 went live May 13, Mod 4 went live August 14.)

Well, enchants and legendary artifacts are very very hard to achieve. I think that was the goal since the start and that is still how it is.
    Now that you come to speak about WoW, I recall having 300 hundred days played and still raiding Molten core or Blackwing Lair cause my stuff didn't drop or didn't have DKPs. Still, it was fun. Had i gotten 300 hundred days played in Neverwinter and i tell you I would have 1 belt on each of my fingers.

Refining is not the best way to make money. For example, 1 week ago i bought a Stack of sapphires for 800k ADs, yesterday they were sitting on 2M ADs. Don't know bout today, but i can assure that on Friday they will be no cheaper.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    ^^ they will be more expensive as prices keep rising daily on the refinement stuff.

Prices will normalize after this weekend though, everyone wants to make the best of it right now.