test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questing Dye Pack?

chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
So i recently came back to the game and I notice whenever I equip an item it gets automatically Dye colored with this "questing dye pack", particularly armor items that are, in fact, quest rewards. Even though when I examine the items tool-tip BEFORE I equip it there is no mention of the item being Dyed any sort of color. The Dye color appears to be getting applied as soon as the armor piece is equipped. because I can then take the armor piece off and the tooltip from that point forward states that the item has been dyed.

Now I wouldn't mind this to terribly if the Dye pack made some sort of color sense for the class of the player I.E.... brown/green dye colors for rangers...blue/grey for wizards....red/black for warlocks and so on, but the color scheme itself on this dye pack seems almost devoid of any sort of color at all.....I put a chest piece on my ranger today that is normally brown/green and the questing dye pack changed this item to almost all white/off white colors. I leveled up a warlock from 1 to 60 on dull pink "questing dye pack" colored leather armors.....can you say TACKY!!!!!!!!

I searched through the options in-game to see if this was something I could turn off but came up empty handed....so I sent in a customer service ticket (3 days ago) and today's CSR response was some cut/paste response that tells me to check the wiki and the forums because CSRs are not allowed to give out game play advice or give out skill and tactics advice because the players "like to find those things out for themselves"....the CSR obviously didn't even bother to read or understand my question at all. so Here I am, anyone have any thoughts on this?
Post edited by chadblodgett on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah - it seems any non-epic gear has that ugly grey & pink coloration, now.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What I really want to know is if there is a way to turn this dye pack thing OFF....the crappy color scheme (or lack there-of in most cases) is just terrible, and it ruins any sort of immersion in your character as you level up wearing armor that is devoid of color, or colors that would make sense for the character class. Rangers cant blend into the forest when they wear gleaming white armor (unless they are in the snow).
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Only guessing, but I think they might have done it to lend value to the Alchemy-created dye packs as well as the ones from Skirmishes and other sources. I mean some of them are already in high demand, but there are hundreds of the class-based packs that people have spent good resources to craft, just sitting on the AH collecting dust.

Like I said, just a guess.

Oh, and Rangers have an even harder time blending into the forest when they carry this giant bow that glows blindingly in strange colors from a GPF or worse, a Holy Avenger or Brilliance enhancement. haha
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What I really want to know is if there is a way to turn this dye pack thing OFF....the crappy color scheme (or lack there-of in most cases) is just terrible, and it ruins any sort of immersion in your character as you level up wearing armor that is devoid of color, or colors that would make sense for the character class. Rangers cant blend into the forest when they wear gleaming white armor (unless they are in the snow).

It's not really something that can be turned off - it was something implemented to differentiate leveling gear vs end-game gear.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

Epic have it too..

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Epic have it too..

Wow.. then that is even worse! So basically it's to get you to buy or craft dye packs/bottles.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's only actual quest rewards that have this new dye pack. Standard drops during levelling have the same colour scheme they always had.

With the SW they picked a colour scheme that ONLY looks reasonably acceptable on a high-end PC with all settings maxed out. Then it's a kind of metallic magenta/purple. Unfortunately on my bog-standard laptop it comes across as a dull brown/pink that just looks awful.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

Even epic gear from DD chests is pre-dyed. My GF has a pepto-pink Timeless torso piece now. I'll dye it something more appealing when I get the full set though. I'm going to transmute it anyway.

The entire point of "questing" dye seems to have been to make the gear you get a different colour from the basic class schemes, which are as the OP describes (green/brown for HRs, etc.). Class dyes are 1000-2000AD each on the AH, and made by level 7 alchemy. So you could always obtain some of that and... dye your gear the colour that it would have been prior to this "improvement".

Edit: SW dye is actually a black/red scheme, sort of a softened version of the Swashbuckler dye. Not that I've seen any SW gear that came in those colours, just the dye.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They just want people to have more reason to dye stuff more often, nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    waroflemonswaroflemons Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think i figured it out about the dyes.The questing die pack goes with the area your questing in and changes as you go on to different places.