test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix HR piercing blade.

adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Piercing blade goes through all immunitys, goes through dodges, and is unresistable damage like CW assailing force was, but since now assailing force is effected by DR (because it was WAY too strong as it was), this Passive of HR should be effected also (because its equally or even stronger then assailing was pre-nerf).

Piercing blade also has no internal cooldown, and proc's off of every single melee hit from a HR.

It is also effected by the damage the encounter itself does.

I've been hit 12k damage from 1 proc of piercing blade from a fox shift through a dodge, this is more then the fox shift actually hit me. This has happened on dozens of occasions and most of the time through dodges.

Please fix this ability
Don't waste my time.
Post edited by adamy2004 on

Comments

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    Piercing blade goes through all immunitys, goes through dodges, and is unresistable damage like CW assailing force was, but since now assailing force is effected by DR (because it was WAY too strong as it was), this Passive of HR should be effected also (because its equally or even stronger then assailing was pre-nerf).

Piercing blade also has no internal cooldown, and proc's off of every single melee hit from a HR.

It is also effected by the damage the encounter itself does.

I've been hit 12k damage from 1 proc of piercing blade from a fox shift through a dodge, this is more then the fox shift actually hit me. This has happened on dozens of occasions and most of the time through dodges.

Please fix this ability

Boy 12k, must be nice. Most of my procs are about 300, because most of it comes off at-wills, and all the melee at wills hit for lowish damage.

I don't get how a 40% of damage proc would do more than the ability that procc'ed it. To get a 12k piercing blade proc, that should mean that his one hit of fox shift hit you for 30k.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Boy 12k, must be nice. Most of my procs are about 300, because most of it comes off at-wills, and all the melee at wills hit for lowish damage.

I don't get how a 40% of damage proc would do more than the ability that procc'ed it. To get a 12k piercing blade proc, that should mean that his one hit of fox shift hit you for 30k.

Because you can deflect the damage from fox shift but not the damage from piercing blade.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    +1, pls post some vids too vira!

and next on the nerf list:
    ROYAL GUARD SET BONUS :)
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    bvira wrote: »
    Because you can deflect the damage from fox shift but not the damage from piercing blade.

So you're telling me there's some HR out there that can hit a target dummy for 30k fox shift single hit? Meaning potential 60k for 2 hits?

I don't believe it. Something else is going on here.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yay. Another 'nerf HR plox' thread.

This one complete with made-up numbers.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So you're telling me there's some HR out there that can hit a target dummy for 30k fox shift single hit? Meaning potential 60k for 2 hits?

I don't believe it. Something else is going on here.

My two cents is that the damage floater of his piercing blade merged with his Fox Shift? Or simply merged with another damage floater, tricking him into seeing that 12K came from piercing blade alone. Or please post the combat logs.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    As a gwf i can say that with 40k hp i have time only to run! (sometimes!)
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's a lot of difference between even 17-18k good pvpers and top pvpers. You can fight a 15-16k HR and beat him, then meet a bis HR from top ranking and melt without being able to drop his hps too much. Also, check if people is using elixirs or if some guy debuffed you. For example, with roe on tab a CW can turn you into a squishy kitty.

But most claims of a class being truly op usually come from gear difference or regulars meeting dedicated, experienced bis enemies.

@orthzy: i'm testing sentinel to see what can be done to withstand the huge amount of ranged DPS mod4 injected into pvp with mass new swarlocks, fotm migration to CW and archery buff. I noticed now 3/4 out of 5 in pvp are ranged now. So more ranged DPS, more challenge for melees.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    does piercing blades benefit from buffs/debuffs aswell?
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Piercing Blade is probably more OP then assailant was, but I never came across a good HR who beat me with it, so I can't really call for a nurf, when I do come across an HR who completely destroys me because of it then maybe, only because I'm built as tanky as possible and if one feat can make all that tankiness obsolete then it really isn't balanced, just like assailant wasn't balanced and they fixed that
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I wonder how it happened. 40% of encounter becomes 12 from 1 proc )) so fox hits you twice top. Assume its top fox hit with crit - 5k. so 40% of 5k = 2k.

2k not equals 12k. especially in one proc. Looks like somebody just saying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Even if you assume that it is 40% of hit before any DR applied. You would not make it even 8k of Piercing. And it is 40% of damage delt not damage before DR.

To make it 12k from one proc you have to hit 30k from 1 proc of fox. 30K after you apply DR and other mitigation to base hit. So if you suffer 2 30k hits from fox = 60k - you are dead meet without piercing even.

I do what to ask fro proof of this. Since if you dodge original hit - you can apply 40% to 0 = 0.
    Piercing can not be deflected or resisted. Not can not be dodged.
    I've been hit 12k damage from 1 proc of piercing blade from a fox shift through a dodge
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How about some REAL data based on R9s HR with fotm spec and legendary Dex belt, hmm?

VXxatrV.png?1

Taken from Premade vs BiS adversaries.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How about some REAL data based on R9s HR with fotm spec and legendary Dex belt, hmm?

VXxatrV.png?1

Why wouldn't something that does 40% of every melee attack add up to be significantly more than the singular attacks themselves? Is this somehow surprising to you?

Is this a chart to show that the ability is working as intended or something?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

VXxatrV.png?1

So the OP was talking nonsense then?

Quelle surprise.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Why wouldn't something that does 40% of every melee attack add up to be significantly more than the singular attacks themselves? Is this somehow surprising to you?

Is this a chart to show that the ability is working as intended or something?

OP said he took "12k damage from 1 proc of piercing blade". The chart shows it doesn't even come close to that :) I suspect the damage was from FS itself.

Does PB do a lot of damage? Sure. It might do with a tone down such as Assailant, probably.

Basically, it is NOT the player's fault that the classes are shifted towards a no skill playstyle. Push mouse button, proc things while falling asleep. All the feedback on Preview was against such changes, but they still went through with them.

Also CWs should be the very last class to complain lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Basically, it is NOT the player's fault that the classes are shifted towards a no skill playstyle. Push mouse button, proc things while falling asleep. All the feedback on Preview was against such changes, but they still went through with them.
    This. In the case of the HR it seems to have been done purely to save having to revisit either itemisation (HR blades are too low base damage for primary weapon use) or encounters (most melee encounters are low damage or designed to work with defunct Nature tree). I think most HRs would have preferred better blade damage and/or an encounter rework to make Combat DPS viable rather than adding this piercing proc.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, another "Nerf HRs" thread. Getting old.

Need PB a tone down? Maybe, lets say instead of 40% it should be around 20-30% dmg.
    But the whole purpose of the feat is TO DO UNRESISTABLE DMG! The name is "piercing blade"!

Dont alter the mechanic of a feat. It is WAI and designed by Gentle to give melee HRs decent dmg.

Additionally, dmg is the only thing the HR has in pvp. And only with dmg the HR has the great healing u witness. Against two equal geared burst dmg opponents my 20k gs HR is going down in 5-10 secs. If I dont hit my dodge like crazy GFs like GODMODE coming close to one-rotating me with griffons and so on.

HRs dont have any cc-break, have nearly no group utility or buffs, have no substantial cc except disruptive.

Of course we are dangerous hard hitting combatants. We are no longer the nodeholders we were in Mod3, but we hit like trucks. But HRs also have no reset button like forest meditation or bugged set. CC Hrs and they are toast. Let them roam free, and ur toast.
  • Options
    mugiwaracmugiwarac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    piercing has to be removed as soon as possible. it is getting out of control!
    King Goponov - GWF
    Eleanor - CW (retired after Assailing nerf)

- Brazil PvP Fraternité -
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    It will be fixed in module 5 don't worry
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2014

HRs dont have any cc-break, have nearly no group utility or buffs, have no substantial cc except disruptive.

Kinda not true, we have our deflection, with up to 45% or even more, its nice "cc-break" tho its not unstoppable or itc, but in some certain situations may work even better than those.

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please fix this ability

It's not broken.
    Let's please not ask for nerfs to other classes, that just makes life more difficult for all players.

If you're getting hosed by a melee HR in PvP, there are other ways to play (remember, it's a team sport!) to lock them down.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Kinda not true, we have our deflection, with up to 45% or even more, its nice "cc-break" tho its not unstoppable or itc, but in some certain situations may work even better than those.

What situations would that be where 45% deflect works better than ItC/Unstoppable ?! :D Do explain.

They made HR a lot squishier with less CC in Mod 4, and gave us higher dmg. Remove the damage and I want the old Lone Wolf and Constrictive back. Ty.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Well, it's a bit weird. In the sense that some classes like CWs or HRs, were shifted to a passive playstyle. To the extreme, i'd say. Where as you say you just push mouse button, take a nap, wake up to see the enemy dead at your feet (exaggerating here, but pretty much it's all passive). On the other hand we have TRs that are dependent from skills to time their rotation perfectly and evade during stealth on a node fight, and GWFs for example, that got most passive stuff nerfed (determination gain nerfed reducing unstoppable activation, unstoppable DR nerfed overall and left to sentinels only, damage nerfed on encounters, prones removed which means indirect nerf to IBS since it can be deflected and affected by DR) while been given pretty much a footowrk- sprint timing dependent defense, and 2 stuns, each dodgeable and requiring timing and aim (takedown is 80% skill to land it on a good PvPer who know how to dodge, and FLS requires timing and aim to avoid wasting it on a dodge/ sprint, sending it to a 17 secs cooldown).
    SWs too, seems to me are very skill-dependent, since defense is achieved by using the soul puppet as a shield with proper footwork, and some powers are not auto-locking on target.
    GFs too are in a good spot, but i always got the impression the class required a certain amount of skill.

DCs are floating in the land of nothingness. You barely see them around since they pretty mich can't attack, and now can barely tank, if at all. Even when skilled, they still have a hard time, it seems to me.

I got the impression, with GWF changes in particular to tone down the class in PvP, that devs aim was to shift PvP towards skill, and with tenacity we knew they wanted to tone down spike DPS to favor strategy and skill.

So it's a bit confusing me this no-skill, armor piercing, passive, and DPS-oriented turn we got in PvP with some changes.
    Hope they fix everything cause right now it's a bit, pass me the term, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Tons of passive procs, light beams travelling through the battlefield due to glyphs and GF powers, light beams from CWs since ray of frost+SS now is the way to go, red circles everywhere with a HR sitting in the middle (exaggerating) and so on.

Then sometimes you get to fight a TR 1v1, or another GWF, or a GF, and it's all timing, dodging, strategy and experience. In the meanwhile, light beams travel over your head, go from one base to the other, from a bridge to a hime point, and you ask yourself if it's neverwinter online or star trek online. May be one day the USS Enterprise will land on the hotenow map.

This is my perception of current PvP so far, at least.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    What situations would that be where 45% deflect works better than ItC/Unstoppable ?! :D Do explain.

They made HR a lot squishier with less CC in Mod 4, and gave us higher dmg. Remove the damage and I want the old Lone Wolf and Constrictive back. Ty.

E.g evry fight with cw's focused on controlling u, its like hammer in they face, when correctly used with forest ghost or/and disruptive.
    Tro i kinda miss my old contrict. :(

• Options
    edited September 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    This is my perception of current PvP so far, at least.

Well there's no real explanation. It's like a kid plays with toys and rearranges them as he sees fit for his current mood (module). When they removed (skill-based) shard from PvP and replaced it with (no-skill) procs that hit even harder, I felt my purpose in these forums is null. There was nothing else left but making cynical fun of the situation.

Things were quite easy to balance just by fixing stuff that was visibly broken such as Roar or the HR PvP set, yet we got so many changes that it was impossible they would not break PvP further on.

Not to mention introduction of glyphs and broken artifacts. It's insane when a TR that is unable to hit almost anything can slot 2 glyphs and suddenly increase their damage by 20%, passively - just as an example.

Welcome to the new PvP.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well there's no real explanation. It's like a kid plays with toys and rearranges them as he sees fit for his current mood (module). When they removed (skill-based) shard from PvP and replaced it with (no-skill) procs that hit even harder, I felt my purpose in these forums is null. There was nothing else left but making cynical fun of the situation.
    There is actually a series of clear and understandable design decisions behind the changes. I don't necessarily agree with them but I do understand what the devs were trying to achieve. Sadly they fell short of the implementation they were aiming for.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    OP said he took "12k damage from 1 proc of piercing blade". The chart shows it doesn't even come close to that :) I suspect the damage was from FS itself.

Does PB do a lot of damage? Sure. It might do with a tone down such as Assailant, probably.

Also CWs should be the very last class to complain lol.

i said 12k dmg from 1 proc of piercing blade from fox shift, which includes each proc from each hit of fox shift sorry for the confusion
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, another "Nerf HRs" thread. Getting old.

Need PB a tone down? Maybe, lets say instead of 40% it should be around 20-30% dmg.
    But the whole purpose of the feat is TO DO UNRESISTABLE DMG! The name is "piercing blade"!

Dont alter the mechanic of a feat. It is WAI and designed by Gentle to give melee HRs decent dmg.

Additionally, dmg is the only thing the HR has in pvp. And only with dmg the HR has the great healing u witness. Against two equal geared burst dmg opponents my 20k gs HR is going down in 5-10 secs. If I dont hit my dodge like crazy GFs like GODMODE coming close to one-rotating me with griffons and so on.

Of course we are dangerous hard hitting combatants. We are no longer the nodeholders we were in Mod3, but we hit like trucks. But HRs also have no reset button like forest meditation or bugged set. CC Hrs and they are toast. Let them roam free, and ur toast.

Then the same could be said about assailing force. but do you want that back as it was? because it originally said "unresistable damage"
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    that doesnt change the fact that piercing blades did 1/3 of the total dmg which is a bit too much.

Yes, because HR encounters hit for 2-6K when other classes deal 10-25K. HR has 6 encounters as well, but you cannot realistically use 6 DPS ones in PvP. The fotm rotation has boar and cunning that are buffs for example, and only a real nuke (Fox Shift). Also even if all 6 encounters would be DPS ones, you would still need 6 activation times.

I would have nothing against making some HR encounters hit 40-50% more and dealing away with PB procs. Why 40%? Because encounters can be dodged and they respect DR, unlike PB.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i said 12k dmg from 1 proc of piercing blade from fox shift, which includes each proc from each hit of fox shift sorry for the confusion

Alright, got it now.

It is possible for a HR to crit a full rotation on you while you are proned and you will get about 10k+ some cheap change damage from PB. Looks like the damage does not respect DR yet it is mitigated by Shields (such as CW one). I am seeing PB hit for 0 damage a few times as well. I cannot be 100% sure but from the log it looks like if an ability is dodged, the PB proc is 0. Definitely needs more testing.
This discussion has been closed.