What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 9/4 7 AM PDT (Pacific) [Completed]

Comments

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who still get surprised by maintenance happening at exactly the same time every Thursday. Do they not own a calendar or something?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    andreialvinandreialvin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    imao good 1)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who still get surprised by maintenance happening at exactly the same time every Thursday. Do they not own a calendar or something?

I couldn't agree more, it blows my mind how many people flip out every week about it. I mean... EVERY WEEK. Same time, same day. Cryptic has been doing it at this time every day every week for YEARS. All of their games come down on Thursday morning for maintenance and I played STO for years before Neverwinter and it's always been the same. I can probably count on one hand the number of times it hasn't happened at this time in the past three or four years. Yes, they do emergency stuff now and then, but.. Thursday morning 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern (etc) every week.

Every week.

Thursday morning, 7AM Pacific time (that is -- local time for Cryptic over there in the bay area).

Just tattoo it on your bloody hand if you can't remember.
  • Options
    rosanna03rosanna03 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fliruflag wrote: »
    I just arrived from work and wanted to collect last days event rewards and found the game stopped for maintenance.

Why would someone schedule maintenance during an active event? Especially on the last day when people will try to get the required ingamw stuff to buy the event items they want.

Will the player who didn't get the chance to collect todays reward still receive the rewards for the 2 daily quests, so we will be able the buy the special mounts and companion? I would " hate" m it if I wouldn't be able to buy these now.

Today's patch also signals the beginning of the Height of the Summer Festival, which still means daily favor, but also double the petals we have been receiving. This will continue until the 11th.
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

How about some unexpected/unscheduled maintenances sometimes, combined with a dose of some game crashes (specially at beholder encounter) and with weekly normal maintenances ? Would you love the term "maintenance" anymore specially when takes longer than 2 hours ?
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    niflheimurniflheimur Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    One would expect a fix to the refining issue, since the ability to use wards drives revenue for PWE.
    RE: Inventory space - the entire concept is broken. The same "Very Large Chest of Goods" that has 4 rank3 runestones can also have 2 catapults? And those four runestones take up 4 spaces, assuming they're different types - four times the space as two catapults. Then there are the lair keys, because apparently nobody has invented they key ring, yet. Gond's worshippers are too busy creatin doohickeys.

It would be awesome to have a keyring, scroll case, quest items bag. doing daily's are overflowing my bags all the time and I have Dragon horde bag and bags of holding. All the bags slots u can get but still haveing problems cos of quest items, rings and enchants.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    what is so special about those petals?
  • Options
    volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmm, time seems to pass differently for Cryptic:

"estimated downtime is 3 hours"

On launcher:

from 7-9.30 AM Pacific (2.5 Hrs)

then

(1500-1700 UTC)

I all the time travel in an inferior Delorian is making Dwight wibbly-wobbly; should have gone for a TARDIS. XD

*waits impatiently for maintenance to end*
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what is so special about those petals?

Well you can buy stuff with them...picked up a few pinata's this morning and my 2nd dropped an ancient curio...turn that in for the belt of xvim (account bound). Pig mount, horse, costumes etc...all stuff you can buy.
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ingesting petals leads you to feeling that everything is okay, the code bugs don't bother you at all, and that Cryptic loves you (not just your wallet).
  • Options
    darthkillkendarthkillken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is past the 9:30pst (11:30am CST) mark and the sever is still down for maintenance, what's realy going on?
    "I came, I saw, oh shiny!"
  • Options
    nwnplayer1nwnplayer1 Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2014
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Can I say <removed> on the forum?
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nwnplayer1 wrote: »

If I can call you a <removed> for it
  • Options
    dhopperdhopper Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks like the "Powers that be"......NEED A FRIGGIN WATCH!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nwnplayer1 wrote: »

lool ,u made my day , i needed a laugh dose :D
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    o !!1 wow so many clever ppl here
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Its fine if the maintenance is extended but please do a better job of making the information easily available for players to see the new EST
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    How is THIS for clever?!?!?!
    +1 Sword and +2 Sword = +3 Sword
  • Options
    notjoeygraynotjoeygray Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How dare you take longer than you originally said you would. Dont you know we have habits to feed!? (seriously though, ive been bobbing my knee the whole time the server has been down>)
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anybody able to download the patch? Still says .4 for me.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey all,

We'll be performing maintenance tomorrow 9/4 at 7am PDT (Pacific). We will also be performing account server maintenance, which means the estimated downtime is 3 hours and may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch Notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7003663-release-notes%3A-09%2F04%2F14

As part of the account server maintenance we will be canceling all orders from the Astral Diamond Exchange. Head here for more details about this.

Thanks,
    Dwight

Update 1 (7:08 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch notes posted.
    Update 2 (9:12 AM PDT) Maintenance is on going. Account server maintenance has completed and we will begin normal maintenance soon. We'll let you know if we have to extend maintenance
    Update 3 (9:55 AM PDT) Running a few final checks, if all goes well the servers should be back soon. We'll let you know if anything changes.

Really??? Seriously??? DwightMC's first post on this matter yesterday, and still remaining the same stated estimated downtime would be 3 hours. Downtime is always an estimate, it is nothing set in stone, ever.
  • Options
    spawn3lspawn3l Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I installed again from long time ago and now is on maintanace , wtf ... :)))
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    its ok ,you will play tomorow than
  • Options
    fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would help if Cryptic/PWE were actually documenting all this so that we don't have to be flipping out about it, but oh well.
  • Options
    tsquared2012tsquared2012 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    yeah, no problem there
  • Options
    theevilmrfry79theevilmrfry79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welp, launcher says 7-11 Pacific as of 2 mins ago.... :(
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    loboguild wrote: »

I dunno.. I patched before they completed the account server maint. Mine says NW.25.20140820a.7.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i forgot to cancel and if its messes up i will loose 12.5 mil :(
This discussion has been closed.