test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rhix's Bargains: Sergeant Knox is Bound!

13»

Comments

• harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They should put a Sgt Knox skin onto a Galeb Duhr then you'll have a companion worthy of the Sgt. Knox legendary persona. (Galeb Duhr is still the absolutely best tank for a summoned companion and always goes directly for brutes and bosses with hard-taunt aggro collection).

Bob (my GD) was the best zen buy I have made, bar none. He's a beast.
  • thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My only gripe is the possibility that exploiters will have Sergeant Knox, the guy who guided everyone to become Neverwinter's heroes. That would be tainted. Even worse if they name Sergeant Knox something stupid, but I'm sure Cryptic will lock down the name...right?
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    And yet Lord British was yet again killable (although extremely hard to do so) in Ultima 6 and 7 as I recall. I could be wrong about the 7 part.
    Ultima VI I believe the trick was to hit him with a glass sword (255 damage) while the character was asleep in bed (it apparently disrupted resistances). I did it once... Kind of messes up trying to complete the game if I recall.

To my understanding the true top moment of Lord British killing was in Ultima Online beta when somebody used a pickpocketed spell scroll to kill the Lord British avatar while it was actually being piloted by Richard Garriott during a big in game speech event. Garriott had apparently forgot to set some flags correctly leaving himself vulnerable. People were apparently in confusion wondering if his sudden explosive demise was part of the script. :)
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So mousing over the Knox auctions, they SAY "Bind on Equip".

Looking at the News article, it shows "Bound(Character)" which only implies that the screenshot was taken of a Knox that was already bound. It should say "Bind on Pickup" if they want people to think it's BOP.

So in 2 days there may be some more angry players if they intended him to be BOP.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Checked Rhix's profile via gateway. Diissapointed, he is hafling ._.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pfft. Rhix is a kobold.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Ultima VI I believe the trick was to hit him with a glass sword (255 damage) while the character was asleep in bed (it apparently disrupted resistances). I did it once... Kind of messes up trying to complete the game if I recall.

To my understanding the true top moment of Lord British killing was in Ultima Online beta when somebody used a pickpocketed spell scroll to kill the Lord British avatar while it was actually being piloted by Richard Garriott during a big in game speech event. Garriott had apparently forgot to set some flags correctly leaving himself vulnerable. People were apparently in confusion wondering if his sudden explosive demise was part of the script. :)

Hahaha, Oh what I would give to see a video of that event. The guy can survive the only spell in the game (7 I believe, its been a really long time) that literally kills everything in the game except you (and him), but he can't survive a glass sword to the face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was totally wrong about what these would end up going for. I though they would snag some whales for sure, for no other reason than there's only 5 of them. IMO, this is a bad thing. There are still plenty of folks out there with more AD than they know what to do with, and this isn't even tipping the scale of interest in the least.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Give it time, the bidding has only just begun.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Part of the issue could be timing: it's coinciding with 2x refinement and the zen bonus promo. Except for people who are made of AD, that will stretch the resources of most people.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    mystagogue wrote: »
    There are still plenty of folks out there with more AD than they know what to do with, and this isn't even tipping the scale of interest in the least.

Oh you're wrong. They know what to do with their AD (get $). Its just that they could just keep making more so it doesn't matter
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OMG. It is what it is. Move on.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    OMG. It is what it is. Move on.

Leave it to chaoscourtesan to come in with the common sense answer.

If you don't like it, don't have the AD or don't want to throw down the money then move along.

It's pretty darn clear this is intended to be a prestige item. There's only five of them!
    As soon as that was said it was clear that this is something to cater to a small amount of players with either a large amount of time or money invested into the game. Next time may be different.

As Lincoln said, you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

It's an MMO. Not every event will be something that you will enjoy. Sometimes you are just not in the target audience.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Leave it to chaoscourtesan to come in with the common sense answer.

Not really a common sense answer, just unaware of the situation that preceded this event. Don't get me wrong, if I were an outsider who didn't know what was going on, I probably would have the same sentiments.

I just want events/dungeons/skirmishes that rewards skill and effort put into the game and not the unfair extra curricular stuff.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can anybody confirm that they fixed that bidding exploit? Otherwise it's kinda hard to participate knowing you don't have a shot.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Okay...who do you think worked on Sgt Knox?

I'll give you a hint.

Nobody that touches anything in the game you want done.

I don't know how many time gamers have to be told that to finally understand that these silly little things take a very, very small amount of time compared to what they moan they want done and is almost always done by people who are either in no way related to the content they want done or do it in the downtime between projects (approvals by management and liscene holders take time)

You are essentially complaining that a person took the already existing Knox Skin, added a few numbers to some likely already existing attack animations and changed some data on a companion template is stopping something like a dungeon from being built from scratch.

This type of stuff takes literally no time at all and has no impact on content releases.

Don't complain the game isn't balanced because the environmental artist was too busy creating new foundry maps. He has no role in class balance just like the people who create these companions have no role in new dungeons and mechanics.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why do only pvp guilds matter? pvp is not the main attraction of this game, heck we only have 2 domination maps and like 3 open world pvp areas total in the entire game. That's almost nothing. High end PVE players are knowledgeable too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm just wondering how many people are going to win Knox? Does that mean when you're talking to Knox you will have Knox with you? Then we are going to see two Knox's together? I don't know isn't this immersion breaking, is this marvel heroes or something were we see lots of different versions of the same character?