test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rhix's Bargains: Sergeant Knox is Bound!

mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Looks like the Devs listened to the massive misgivings a lot of posters had about selling for AD an ultra-rare companion just after a massive AD exploit was found and made it Bound:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7003513
Post edited by mconosrep on

Comments

• Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrg - they be a huntin' whales I tell ya....."
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So what? There is still only a handful of players than can afford it.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So what? There is still only a handful of players than can afford it.

Five to be exact. I wonder what the total haul will be? 25 million AD each? More even?
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In fact the event is a great idea to help remove the excessive quantities of AD in the economy.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mystagogue wrote: »
    Five to be exact. I wonder what the total haul will be? 25 million AD each? More even?

I would say that those Knox companions would be between 50m-80m each.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Good way to help whittle down some of the ZAX backlog as no doubt some will buy Zen to sell for AD to make what they hope are winning bids.

It's a genius idea I think. Two thumbs-up, Cryptic.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would say that those Knox companions would be between 50m-80m each.

What's the max bid in the AH? I wouldn't put it past at least one person to peg that particular needle.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    Yes, by all means lets have a "whales only" event.

I think it sums up PWE beautifully myself.

Look at it for what it is: a massive, competative AD sink. Sure, Knox will likely be a really good companion but it's mostly a prestige thing. The guys who want their big "I'm amazingly rich" signs get one and millions of AD get flushed out of the system.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mystagogue wrote: »
    I will be extremely shocked if even one of these companions goes for less than 97% of the maximum sale price on the exchange whatever that is. In point of fact I fully expect the bidding to be finished on all five by the end of the first day as someone eventually puts in a bid for the maximum allowed by the system.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seriously, guys, it's not like the Knox Companion is likely to be a Game Breaker here.
    It's an irresistible shiny object meant to get rid of some of the AD oversupply.
    Hopefully these things go for 50,000,000 or more each.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hopefully they'll get off their stacks of zen and put em on the ZAX for AD to bid! Great idea!
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not that i will be bidding or winning one or anything but does anyone know what his active bonus is?
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Not that i will be bidding or winning one or anything but does anyone know what his active bonus is?

300 defense.

He's actually not terrible broken, from what I can see.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's a mostly useless pet and it will hopefully help to get rid of a healthy amount of ADs in game. Hopefully they will be sold for 100M each. That's still a drop in the ocean but it's a start.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Funny. People think that 500M AD is a economic impact. With over 2,000 people playing at least daily, this is an impact of... less than 10h.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Correct me if I am wrong, but since there is a 100m limit on AH, it is actually about reflexes? 5 people who offer 100m first win?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong, but since there is a 100m limit on AH, it is actually about reflexes? 5 people who offer 100m first win?

That would be pretty righteous if that happened. Three day event ended in 3 minutes LOL
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

I think you don't even need to bid 100m. The last bid fee+1 avoid that one get it for 100m while you pay less than 100m.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

Unless, for this special event, the AH limit is uncapped for this item.
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    {removed the sarcasm part which totally takes away from my point here... different thoughts cross typed with some bad math to boot}

Now if they made a lottery ticket drawing where each ticket cost say 1000 AD each... EVERYONE would have a chance to join in & even with 1 ticket EVERYONE in the game would have a chance to win, albeit a very minute chance, but still a chance they won't have come September 14th.

Tickets would draw AD out of the game from potentially everyone... instead of just 5 people.

Maybe then people would drop $10 for Zen to convert for 500 tickets... that would help the ZAX way more than this joke
    of an "event".

1 million tickets at 1000 AD would draw 1 billion AD out of the system & give everyone a chance to win [and maybe even more tickets than that sell] as opposed to an estimated 500 million from 5 people.

... just adding my 2 AD
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    Unless, for this special event, the AH limit is uncapped for this item.

I don't think the AH actually has a cap but, characters do. No toon can hold more than 100 million AD.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    arimikami wrote: »
    I don't think the AH actually has a cap but, characters do. No toon can hold more than 100 million AD.

Fair point. You could get a bigger bid onto the AH by bidding 100mil, which removes it from your wallet, then transferring more from an alt and bidding again but if your bid failed your wallet would overflow and the AD would, perhaps, vanish.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I can see this happening for sure. It has happened on a number of 'exclusive' items already... my point is; I can't justify going for collections anymore because of the uncertainty of the ability to complete the collection. They are really shooting themselves in the foot if they think they can offer an 'exclusive' item and have the whales fight over it (discouraging the average collector) and then completely pulling the rug out from the whale by offering the item later on. Playing both sides is shortsighted and will result in many players leaving IMO. If the want to release the Knox companion and cater to the rich they should take it off the collections list at the very least -OR- disclose whether or not they will offer it again in the future. There will still be whales that want to be FIRST.

Well, mostly the collections thing is going to depend on whether or not Knox counts as part of the in-game collections list. Most of the promotional companions don't appear on that list, for instance. If Knox does get put on the in-game list, I hope he's in a class all by himself. :)
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    For what it's worth I doubt knox will be added to the collection page.

Hate to burst your bubble but he's already there - at least on the Gateway. Not sure if he's been added to the in-game yet.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Will Sergeant Knox redeemable via the Foundry Contest if someone make it to the first place? (Which says the winner can choose from any Companion!?)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is it just me or is the word "bargain" a bit inappropriate for this thing?
  • Options
    arandomusername1arandomusername1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This not going to affect the ZAX whatsoever... if I spent $110,000 to buyout the ZAX backlog, that 11M AD wouldn't even be close to being a winning bid... do you the get 6% bonus Zen on $100 if you bought $110,000 worth of Zen?

No one is going buy Zen to convert to AD to bid with.

Now if they made a lottery ticket drawing where each ticket cost say 1000 AD each... EVERYONE would have a chance to join in & even with 1 ticket EVERYONE in the game would have a chance to win, albeit a very minute chance, but still a chance they won't have come September 14th.

Tickets would draw AD out of the game from potentially everyone... instead of just 5 people.

Maybe then people would drop $10 for Zen to convert for 500 tickets... that would help the ZAX way more than this joke
    of an "event".

1 million tickets at 1000 AD would draw 1 billion AD out of the system & give everyone a chance to win [and maybe even more tickets than that sell] as opposed to an estimated 500 million from 5 people.

... just adding my 2 AD

Where do i sign up!!!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

... just adding my 2 AD

This sounds like a really good idea.

Keep the companion Bound to Account and Bound to Character on Equip and put a maximum number of say 10 tickets at 1000 AD each. Most people would probably buy 10 tickets so it woudl draw a lot of total AD out of the system, and it would still be useless to flippers/goldsellers.

This would:

(i) Still drain a huge amount of AD out of the system, probably even more than will happen in the current system.

(ii) Make the companion available to the entire player base, not just those who (however they came by it) have huge liquid AD reserves.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would love to get myself one of these, but in no way am I that rich.

I have to agree with Jorifice1, I think this is designed to get some of the massively exploited AD out of the system that has eluded PWE so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I rather like the stats on this companion and it would be cool to have Knox running around doing my bidding for a change, however why must this be geared towards those with more AD than they know what to do with?

I have maybe 4 - 5 million spread over 6 toons mostly from opening lock boxes. I have companions to upgrade, marks to buy to upgrade enchants, I mean really in the end this isn't even enough to get purple companions on 3 or 4 of my toons and be able to upgrade my enchants.

But I suppose if this truly does sap a bunch of AD from people good ... but really wish there was a promo that average players could get that allowed for a purple companion, green ones are a bit pricey to upgrade.