test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

dailys, dailys, dailys, dailys

2»

Comments

• thenewbierocksthenewbierocks Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do 10 quest from sharandar+3 from dread ring+ 7-8 from icewind+ like 13 for all dragons....and i get like 2/3 of my overflow exp bar in 1 day :D....
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    That sounds a bit elitist to me.

I'll rephrase what he said a bit.

The rewards has to be a bit different between coordinated teams of players who put in the time and effort into it and the others who hit the dragon for 1point of damage and afk while watching TV.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    and shouldnt the ppl who are better and put more effort in it get more rewards ? enough of prizes for participation.
    Paladin Master Race
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've seen a few more up-to-date reviews and these dailies put them off it when they get to that stage.

I'm lingering because of the foundry contest mostly. I just wish they did something new, like random generated dungeons for the next module or something that could be repeated but does not get too old. mini-dungeons linked together (like GW2 fractual dungeon). or a dungeon with difficulty levels (1-30)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll rephrase what he said a bit.

The rewards has to be a bit different between coordinated teams of players who put in the time and effort into it and the others who hit the dragon for 1point of damage and afk while watching TV.

Thank you.

Casual players need to be rewarded and feel good about their effort. To beat a lair or skirmish, you don;t need much gear.

Normal, more dedicated players need to be rewarded for their efforts as well, and there has to be a difference from casuals.

Hardcore players that put tons of time and theorycraft/know everything all the class has to offer, know to coordinate efforts have NOTHINg for them in Neverwinter. Long grinds of easy content serve no purpose but alienate them and make them bored.

Isn't it time that some really hard content comes out already that offers a real challenge and properly reward people that are able to complete it?

Because all we get is easy dailies that you need to do or you don't get gear/campaign progress etc., easy skirmish that I ran about 40 times already and then a dungeon that I heard is easy as well?

Pretty much this means that all I want is a shift from RNG/time gating of loot towards skill gating of loot.

Yeah I know won't happen in this game lol.
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Wait so getting the last set with almost as good stats and same set bonus is NOTHING? lol... As a casual you only miss on Legendary stuff and unique mounts. And then again - what did you do to deserve them?!?

I am complaining there is NO REAL ENDGAME - i.e. RAIDING. Yes.

And it's been replaced by mindless RNG gated grind of easy content - dailies/HEs and later easy dungeon/skirmish.

This is what I am complaining about.

And there HAS to be something differentiating between good players and the rest.
    Yeah, SKILL!!! Not more gear/boons difference!!!!!
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    That sounds a bit elitist to me.
    Elite guilds waving around with their ingame sucess? Maybe

But the person does have a point, PvE is too easy.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe hardcore players should find a game that caters to them and realize that since mod 1 was dailies, mod 2 was dailies, mod 3 was dailies, mod 4 is dailies, it's a trend that will most likely continue. Or remain and still complain when we get up to mod 8 and yup, dailies.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe hardcore players should find a game that caters to them and realize that since mod 1 was dailies, mod 2 was dailies, mod 3 was dailies, mod 4 is dailies, it's a trend that will most likely continue. Or remain and still complain when we get up to mod 8 and yup, dailies.

nahh it wont get so far, imagine new player who just hit lvl 60 seeing all these daily quests, id quit or soon it will be impossible to do all daily quests cause there are only 24hours in a day
    Paladin Master Race
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    nahh it wont get so far, imagine new player who just hit lvl 60 seeing all these daily quests, id quit or soon it will be impossible to do all daily quests cause there are only 24hours in a day
    I do a toon's dailies one module at a time and dont go back to completed modules. Doing this completes the content faster than they introduce new content. They've been introducing new mods once every three months or so, but it takes only about a month to do all the content, so a toon can do three modules or so, doing them one at a time, in the time it takes Cryptic to release one.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    I know, right? I don't quite understand the complaint. The only thing players need to do in order to fulfill the minimum daily requirements for campaign advancement are: (1) kill a dragon (2) complete the instanced mini-dungeon (3) complete the non-dungeon quest. That's it. It doesn't take hours and hours. If people CHOOSE to do more, then why are they complaining that it takes so much time? Simply CHOOSE to do not as much additional questing. It means you won't get the dungeon unlocked on the very first day, but that is the tradeoff to be made. And even if the minimums are too much, you don't even have to do that!

What do the critics here think a new module's campaign ought to consist of? No dailies at all? Okay, that's fine. So what then, to keep you interested in the game until the next module comes out, AND to satisfy Cryptic's obvious desire to not have you burn through the content instantly and then sit around bored the rest of the time?

If you do only the required tasks each day, it will take months to unlock the skirmish, dungeon and the boons. That's the reason you are forced into doing 4/5 dragons a day.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    If you do only the required tasks each day, it will take months to unlock the skirmish, dungeon and the boons. That's the reason you are forced into doing 4/5 dragons a day.

This guy makes a good point.

Everyone who isn't a casual is unlocking dungeons and skirmishes this and next week. People want to run it with their guildmates while the rewards are worth something. People want to run it right now while the dungeons are still active. Nobody wants to wait until the dungeon is dead like every other dungeon
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Pretty much this means that all I want is a shift from RNG/time gating of loot towards skill gating of loot.

Yeah I know won't happen in this game lol.

I don't think that can realistically happen in any F2P game model.

If you have a subscription-based model, then all players *first* pay their money up front and *then* try to complete the content. If the content is so tough that most players can't finish it, who then get frustrated and leave, then it doesn't matter to the game company, since they already have your money.

If you have a F2P model, then players have to be enticed into sticking around so that they will eventually spend money in the form of microtransactions and the like. So super-hard content which causes most players to get frustrated and leave is incompatible with this model. By necessity, the F2P model *has* to cater to the vast middle of players, so that they can experience progress and be enticed into sticking with the game. Having super-hard content that gates loot doesn't do that.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And incidentally, I'm in no big hurry. My CW will unlock the skirmish today, and the dungeon maybe next week. Which is fine. I don't think there will be any problem finding people willing to go to the dungeon even 1 month from now.

If you rushed through the campaign and are able to unlock everything really quickly, then your reward is to get the sweet loot before everyone else and sell it for big bucks. Casuals, and people like me, won't get to do that. Congratulations.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really really want an elite dungeon. I take a 5 month break and am i still top 1%? probably.

You'd think you'd get rewarded for your effort,

Now i see people asking 13-14k for T2 dungeons, 15k+ for CN, and everyone is so OP the skill component is out the window, right? We used to do that content with much less GS, before boons, before companion bonuses, etc...

Shouldn't there be a dungeon with rewards (stuff you can sell) for those of us who have skills (and gear?)

This doesn't mean shutting out the casuals either. What i see with more casual players isn't that they don't spend time in the game, it's that they are not efficient, they don't read guides, they don't read specs, they don't work together. Give a casual player an hour or two of good training, a week of decent practice, and they will be good.

As for normal players, many people farm T2, VT, etc... and make decent AD that way,

but for high end PvE-ers, there is a bit lacking.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    I don't think that can realistically happen in any F2P game model.

If you have a subscription-based model, then all players *first* pay their money up front and *then* try to complete the content. If the content is so tough that most players can't finish it, who then get frustrated and leave, then it doesn't matter to the game company, since they already have your money.

If you have a F2P model, then players have to be enticed into sticking around so that they will eventually spend money in the form of microtransactions and the like. So super-hard content which causes most players to get frustrated and leave is incompatible with this model. By necessity, the F2P model *has* to cater to the vast middle of players, so that they can experience progress and be enticed into sticking with the game. Having super-hard content that gates loot doesn't do that.

It's really not that simple.

In a subscription model you need to have subscriber retention. You cannot have them leave after a month when their initial subscription ends. The goal is to make them so happy with your product, so they buy your a 1 year subscription or something.

Very important now.

Having some. Not all! But some hardcore content does not mean, at all, that the game is hardcore focused.

Casuals should not be neglected and plenty of content for them should be present.

From my experience, I can tell you that casuals I met in a subscription game were not unhappy with their status. They still had awesome gear from crafting or dungeons that was not that far from what I had from raiding.

Most of my casual friends would actually make fun of me when I tried to make them raid and considered it a boring and repetitive grind. They had 0 needs for anything in the raids, and they were very happy and busy farming achievements and professions and dungeons all day long.

The only reason I cannot see this happening in Neverwinter is because best gear here is an AD sink. Basically the devs won't give us ANY good gear just because we can kill the dragon, cause they are worried we wouldn't spend money.

In my case, this has the exact inverse effect: the fact that I am unhappy because there's no rewarding&challenging content for me makes me have no desire whatsoever to pay a single cent.
  • faziskontrasztfaziskontraszt Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    New toon + boon farming is a real soul killer. It's horrible, but some of the boons are very useful unfortunately. I wouldn't mind farming 1 set of dailies, it's bearable, to an extent, but doing 2-3 sets simultaneously... my god. The pack that you get after 6 days of praying isn't much of a help either. When it contained 3 days worth of dread ring supplies, it was almost optimal, but now with only one cipher or 30 sharandar sparks(lol)... drop in the ocean. Dailies are an efficient way, business-wise, in keeping players occupied, but they're not fun at all, they are not costumer friendly, which may scare players away after a while. Dailies played a huge part in quitting wow for me, for example.
  • korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My CW i getting outdamaged by SWs, just finished DR, working on last 2 Shar Boons... but I am just getting bored of all the unending repeating dailies....
    Want to make a SW, but who the heck wants to do the same daily muck with several characters??? My TR hit lvl60 from Leadership and Invocation, but it is just rusting in PE.. The hell wats to grind dailies with several characters...