test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

dailys, dailys, dailys, dailys

abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
So im doing my dailys. Im currently an hour and a half in. And. this. is. never. ending.

I mean seriously, there are 5/6 different areas, where you get 2/3 quests + you have to wait between 10-20 minutes for a dragon to spawn. I mean its getting ridiculous. How much more do we have to farm.

Is there seriously no other way you can keep your players occupied?

Im thinking mostly about some poor souls that only have a few hours a day to play, which i will also have in a while. Will there only be dailys for us then? Will we have no fun? No time for fun. Whats even the point then

More like tyranny of dailys
Is there any way you can skip this stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in mod5? I will bear through this knowing it wont come again. But this was seriously too much
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree. Dailys on dailys on dailys in every module. I rather see them spend all that time in making better and longer and harder dungeons instead of focusing on building big worlds for the campaign dailys.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    for me to do all daily quests on all characters would take some 12 hours, 6 of those from tyranny(2~3 hours of those 6 waiting on dragons, 5min/dragon*5dragons*6characters)
    Paladin Master Race
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited September 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I agree. Dailys on dailys on dailys in every module. I rather see them spend all that time in making better and longer and harder dungeons instead of focusing on building big worlds for the campaign dailys.

I pity these poor new players who must do Shar + Dread R. + ToD then IWD all in one day and also must do T1, T2 etc, have you got a life after that ? 0_0 ...
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am right now, only doing these on one character. But I learned a cool trick.

If I concentrate hard enough on the thought of doing this on my other 13 characters... while looking in a mirror...

I can see locks of my hair turn white before my eyes, and individual hairs break free and fall. It is an amazing thing, being able to do that. XD
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    I pity these poor new players who must do Shar + Dread R. + ToD then IWD all in one day and also must do T1, T2 etc, have you got a life after that ? 0_0 ...

Yes, this is another reason to advise new players to avoid Neverwinter: the grind to catch up goes up insanely every Module. This is unlike many other MMOs where the grind is to cap is increased slightly, and the time needed to gear up at cap remains roughly the same every expansion.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah i just finished Ebon Downs, Neverdeath Graveyard, Icespire Peak, Rothe Valley and Whispering Caverns. And i cant think if i forgot something or am i done. I feel like a robot doing this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over and over again.

Unfortunately for cryptic this is not the players idea of fun. So im guessing they will see the player numbers and will hopefully come up with a new idea of fun for mod5. Altho the last few mods have been pretty similar and players were already getting bored of doing endless dailys, this mod was way over the top. I really hope they listen to their players this time
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have 2 characters, CW and HR. Due to AD constraints, I can only realistically gear one for PvP purposes, yet I still try to play bring the other up to date with boons. I have completed past content.

So that basically leaves me with the latest content with small exception. Let's recapitulate:

- 5 dragons, 5 zones of dailies, each day, twice. This eats most of my time. 17-18K GS DPS char is making no difference, because I have to wait for dragon spawns. I'd say about 3-4 hrs/day easy just doing ANNOYING stuff.
    - I'd like to Sharandar all 3 zones once/week for the Fey thing, but... even more time
    - I'd like to get the 1K BI from the weekly. Now I kinda have to skip.
    - Doing the Needless Distractions thing is pretty much what I do to have enough BI for my gear. This adds up as well.

Now after all of this I might want to run the skirmish probably or even do some PvP if some friend asks and it's unavoidable. I am usually too tired/busy at this point to even bother.

I used to slack on the dragon dailies and only do the Rothe/Underdark, but I learned my lesson the hard way when I needed to choose between boon and skirmish. So you have to run those.

Now compare to what I did in another MMO:

- did 45 mins of dailies and mats gathering for professions (grindy, not really enjoyable)
    - 2-4 hours of raiding (amazing and fun)
    - 2 hours of PvP optionally (amazing and fun)
    - Auction House 30 mins

Here the mindless grind part is 90% of the time and the fun is nowhere in sight compared to what I was used to.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can always buy those 5k zen campaign unlocks that were made for your convenience!
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    In this game there are a lot of dailies, most than any other game I've played, I would like the possibility of getting boons and equipment by questing, were a NPC asks me deliver him items that come out of a difficult boss or dungeon which imposes a challenge with a not so low percentage.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You're making it too hard on yourselves.

For the ToD campaign, you only have to do the set of dailies that the Harper in PE sends you to do. You don't have to kill all 5 dragons every single day. And that one set of dailies is relatively quick, maybe only a half-hour total.

Yes it means that you won't advance as rapidly in the campaign as someone who spends all their time doing nothing but killing dragons. But that is the tradeoff to be made.

If you do only the Fey sparks quest in Sharandar + the mini-lair in Dread Ring + the Needless Distractions quest in IWD + the single ToD set of quests, that should take maybe 1-1.5 hours. Maybe that is still too long? I don't know. Doesn't seem too bad to me anyway.
    edited September 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Yes it means that you won't advance as rapidly in the campaign as someone who spends all their time doing nothing but killing dragons. But that is the tradeoff to be made.

Wanna know what the tradeoff was?

- people farmed even multiple belts and made millions of AD, or got one for themselves, while the casuals will never probably see a single million in this game, if you consider the topics from these forums
    - people farmed dragon gem and sold for millions again

All this happened while the "lazy" guy didn't have anything to run and sell. The difference (if one was lucky) was quite significant. You cannot neglect it.
  • nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    You forgot events like the current summer festival. Each event of the festival runs for 15 minutes, with 5 minute breaks in between. You can not leave zone in between, or your progress is lost. So even if you pick flowers as third event, you still gotta do 2x 15 minutes + 5 minute break. You do not have to participate the whole time, and you can skip the start, so you can knock it down to like 20 minutes total.

By itself not much, but given that participating for only one second is enough for the daily quest, and that it's *on top* of the daily routine.

And if you want to make use of all the game has to offer, there is daily PVP (4x, about an hour), daily gauntlgrym (about 1 1/2 hours, and you can not leave in between each gg event, or your progress is lost), daily skirmish (3x, again about an hour), daily dungeon (Dread Vault..and it's even normal, epic (which would take even longer) doesn't count for the quest.

And now you have spent like 10 hours in NW and not done a single thing on your own volition so to say.

Obivously it's a trade-off between spending more and more time each day or taking longer and longer to achieve the same, but there should be some kind of cut-off for both, it shouldn't simply pile up. Imagine in a year or two from now, with module 7 or whatever. To do all daily quests, you will have to spent more than 24 hours in the game, and thats per character.

Unless they invalidate old content by making the new content better for all intents and purposes (more accessible, gear gained, AD per hour, etc.).
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This is getting too grindy and tiresome for anyone with more than 1 character.

Please stop wasting your and our time with dailies and start making new PVP modes, new PVE events and dungeons etc
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is getting too grindy and tiresome for anyone with more than 1 character.

Please stop wasting your and our time with dailies and start making new PVP modes, new PVE events and dungeons etc

Agreed.. no more mods with boons after this please, its time for a proper set of new dds.. even a ten man raid, then upgrade tiers of skirms instead..

If you want to do an ACTUAL pve story that is both deep and long, im fine with that, just want to do it once per toon though, not have to do it like 200 times, and have something like a r7 at the end of it as a reward for doing it.

Thats what other games would do!

This boon grinding is starting to be out of hand, and lord forbid someone wants to ahve more then one toon nowadays.. then thats all you do is dailies.

Also, I cant beg this enough.. no more open world hes.. its overkill, please just stop it already. I remember the open world bosses from back in the early days of another mmos, they would just spawn on these stupid 20 mins or 30 min timers and the spawn campers would just sit around and wait for it.. of course, doesnt matter if you tagged it back then.. whomever did the most damage to the boss got the loot instead.. ha, sometimes though, I wish those days were still around. Levels meant something back in those days, a end game level was HARD to accomplish.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This campaign is by far the most boring, longest and less rewarding of them all.... and I thought Sharandar was boring.

I spent 1h doing dailies with my CW (one of my 8 toons), and it took "only" that because I asked for invitations in all zones and changed to another when I got none. If I had to wait for the 5 dragons, I'd easily spend around 2h.

BTW, my CW is 17.3K P. Vorpal, so I kill things instantly. The long time is just waiting and walking/riding...
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, it's getting quite ridiculous when you are farming Cult's Secrets in all zone.

Each time I enter the timer is 18+ minutes - . -
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How is having a lot to do a bad thing? Just do the little bit you want to do, and skip or put off the rest. I enjoy the Dread Ring lairs the most, so I make sure to run those. I find the Feywild ones less enjoyable, so they get bumped way down on the priority list. Treat the game like a buffet, and just take the parts you like.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited September 2014
    Wanna know what the tradeoff was?

- people farmed even multiple belts and made millions of AD, or got one for themselves, while the casuals will never probably see a single million in this game, if you consider the topics from these forums
    - people farmed dragon gem and sold for millions again

All this happened while the "lazy" guy didn't have anything to run and sell. The difference (if one was lucky) was quite significant. You cannot neglect it.

First I didn't call anyone "lazy". That was you.

Second, yes that is the tradeoff. The guy who spends a lot of time farming will make more AD than the guy who doesn't. That would be true regardless of the nature of the campaign.

Third, your idea of PVE content - raids that are so impossibly hard that only the top 1% are able to even complete it - would also lock out the casuals from making any significant AD from that dungeon, since they would never even have a chance to complete it. At least with the dragon HE's, there is a small but non-zero chance that any participant, even casual players, might get the sweet loot. In your model, the casuals would get NOTHING of any significant value.

So why again are the dragon HE's a bad idea from the casual player's point of view?
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    How is having a lot to do a bad thing? Just do the little bit you want to do, and skip or put off the rest. I enjoy the Dread Ring lairs the most, so I make sure to run those. I find the Feywild ones less enjoyable, so they get bumped way down on the priority list. Treat the game like a buffet, and just take the parts you like.

I know, right? I don't quite understand the complaint. The only thing players need to do in order to fulfill the minimum daily requirements for campaign advancement are: (1) kill a dragon (2) complete the instanced mini-dungeon (3) complete the non-dungeon quest. That's it. It doesn't take hours and hours. If people CHOOSE to do more, then why are they complaining that it takes so much time? Simply CHOOSE to do not as much additional questing. It means you won't get the dungeon unlocked on the very first day, but that is the tradeoff to be made. And even if the minimums are too much, you don't even have to do that!

What do the critics here think a new module's campaign ought to consist of? No dailies at all? Okay, that's fine. So what then, to keep you interested in the game until the next module comes out, AND to satisfy Cryptic's obvious desire to not have you burn through the content instantly and then sit around bored the rest of the time?
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Repeating the same things every day surely can be tiresome. I hope someone could work on the content seriously and bring players fun gameplay which is closer to D&D's style. When I was in another mmo, I had never heard anyone said: "this doesn't feel like D&D"; while at here...... I'm sorry.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know, right? I don't quite understand the complaint. The only thing players need to do in order to fulfill the minimum daily requirements for campaign advancement are: (1) kill a dragon (2) complete the instanced mini-dungeon (3) complete the non-dungeon quest. That's it. It doesn't take hours and hours. If people CHOOSE to do more, then why are they complaining that it takes so much time? Simply CHOOSE to do not as much additional questing. It means you won't get the dungeon unlocked on the very first day, but that is the tradeoff to be made. And even if the minimums are too much, you don't even have to do that!

we are REQUIRED to do it. its required by the campaign, otherwise we will not have enough resources for unlocks
    Paladin Master Race
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    So im doing my dailys. Im currently an hour and a half in. And. this. is. never. ending.

I mean seriously, there are 5/6 different areas, where you get 2/3 quests + you have to wait between 10-20 minutes for a dragon to spawn. I mean its getting ridiculous. How much more do we have to farm.

Is there seriously no other way you can keep your players occupied?

Im thinking mostly about some poor souls that only have a few hours a day to play, which i will also have in a while. Will there only be dailys for us then? Will we have no fun? No time for fun. Whats even the point then

More like tyranny of dailys
    Is there any way you can skip this stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in mod5? I will bear through this knowing it wont come again. But this was seriously too much

I felt that way and so I became a PVP player. In my limited time online thats th'e only diverse gameplay I can get.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is my opinion about the current campaign:
    - Basically I dont have anything against doing dailies
    - I like that it makes the old zones a bit more useful
    - The waiting timer is very unfortunately implemented, because it forces me to travel back and forth between various instances, since I dont have the patience to wait always 10-15min or even 20min for a drake, especially not when I want to do this several times a day to make any significant progress. My suggestion here is to make the rewards (drake seals and arcane lore or how it is called) independently from downing the drakes, couple them to the other quests and make downing the drake only an extra xp reward and the chance to obtain mats and more coins. Another very simple idea is to reduce the spawn timer of the drakes to max 10min and make them as 'event' on all instances - as was been suggested before - to avoid this rather stupid and non-immersive instance changes.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited September 2014
    Third, your idea of PVE content - raids that are so impossibly hard that only the top 1% are able to even complete it - would also lock out the casuals from making any significant AD from that dungeon, since they would never even have a chance to complete it. At least with the dragon HE's, there is a small but non-zero chance that any participant, even casual players, might get the sweet loot. In your model, the casuals would get NOTHING of any significant value.

You are so VERY wrong.

In my model (which is not actually mine lol) things work like this:

- Looking for Raid, pug difficulty - almost anybody can do it at intended gear level. A casual pug can do it. Quite rewarding, will get you the latest gear set and latest accessories. Stats are reduced compared to Normal.
    - Normal Difficulty - needs a very skilled pug/knowledge/gear. The sets/accessories have better stats and nicer look. The raid also has a chance to drop exclusive fashion stuff such as mounts. Doable by about 5-10% people in the game.
    - Heroic Difficulty. The sets/accessories have even better stats now and look awesome. The raid bosses will drop fragments for Legendary gear that cannot be achieved otherwise and are parts of quest chains for other legendary stuff. Doable by 0.5% of people paying. Needs voice communication and coordination and flawless execution.

So as you can see this model has something for casuals too. You basically get same gear at lower stats, which is OK, since it rewards your skill level.

Also, raiding is just the TOP TIER of PvE.

Dungeons will still be there.
    edited September 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    we are REQUIRED to do it. its required by the campaign, otherwise we will not have enough resources for unlocks

You aren't *required* to do it. You only "have" to do it if you want to make daily progress in the campaign.
    edited September 2014
    You are so VERY wrong.

In my model (which is not actually mine lol) things work like this:

- Looking for Raid, pug difficulty - almost anybody can do it at intended gear level. A casual pug can do it. Quite rewarding, will get you the latest gear set and latest accessories. Stats are reduced compared to Normal.
    - Normal Difficulty - needs a very skilled pug/knowledge/gear. The sets/accessories have better stats and nicer look. The raid also has a chance to drop exclusive fashion stuff such as mounts. Doable by about 5-10% people in the game.
    - Heroic Difficulty. The sets/accessories have even better stats now and look awesome. The raid bosses will drop fragments for Legendary gear that cannot be achieved otherwise and are parts of quest chains for other legendary stuff. Doable by 0.5% of people paying. Needs voice communication and coordination and flawless execution.

So as you can see this model has something for casuals too. You basically get same gear at lower stats, which is OK, since it rewards your skill level.

Also, raiding is just the TOP TIER of PvE.

Dungeons will still be there.

So like I said - casuals get nothing of *any significant value*.

You're complaining now that casual players who don't spend 10+ hours a day killing dragons won't get the dungeon immediately unlocked and make big AD from selling the good loot, right?

In your model, casual players don't get the good loot either.

So why are you complaining again?
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    My whole playing time now consists of doing dailys. Thanks alot. Im having 0 fun to be honest. Its time to look for something else to play until mod5 or mod6 or whenever they will fix this mindless grinding and pay2win refining <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

i cant afford getting artifacts to legendary even, and now 2 mods later, i have to refine a belt and a weapon? And the weapon is a random drop from doing more dailys (wtf). And the belt is just impossible to get. I even opened up some lockboxes for it because people said it was a p2w item, but its not even possible this way. Who knows how long this will last until i can finally play the fucing game.
    Dr. Phil
    edited September 2014
    So like I said - casuals get nothing of *any significant value*.

You're complaining now that casual players who don't spend 10+ hours a day killing dragons won't get the dungeon immediately unlocked and make big AD from selling the good loot, right?

In your model, casual players don't get the good loot either.

So why are you complaining again?

Wait so getting the last set with almost as good stats and same set bonus is NOTHING? lol... As a casual you only miss on Legendary stuff and unique mounts. And then again - what did you do to deserve them?!?

I am complaining there is NO REAL ENDGAME - i.e. RAIDING. Yes.

And it's been replaced by mindless RNG gated grind of easy content - dailies/HEs and later easy dungeon/skirmish.

This is what I am complaining about.

And there HAS to be something differentiating between good players and the rest.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And there HAS to be something differentiating between good players and the rest.

That sounds a bit elitist to me.
    Hoping for improvements...