What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loot Rolls in Epic Dungeons

2»

Comments

• shibazakurashibazakura Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    This is the only game I've played where "greed runs" are the norm.
    In other games, each class needs the items they can equip, and the rest just have to wait till they get their chance. I don't know why people doesn't do that in here.

I guess that's just how the game works, particularly the ones developed by Cryptic.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    This is the only game I've played where "greed runs" are the norm.
    In other games, each class needs the items they can equip, and the rest just have to wait till they get their chance. I don't know why people doesn't do that in here.

It's because the other games rightly make 99.9% of epics BoP.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    It's because the other games rightly make 99.9% of epics BoP.

They also allow lots of valuable stuff to drop so people don't need to sell gear for currency.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The way people in Neverwinter handle loot is strange to me. I come from 6 and a half years of playing World of Warcraft. In that game if you needed on a green you'd get removed from the dungeon/ raid or at least told off by a few people. The default rule is to greed anything that isn't a direct equipment upgrade or needed quest item. Then if a boss or trash drops something that is an upgrade for you, you need and that's that. Its fair and accurate to the need/greed system.

Everyone "needs" enchants and runestones for refinement. So greeding them is the correct solution imho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Been mentioned before, but I really don't see why any Needed item is not made BoP.

For any really valuable items that are where the major issues arise, for anyone who wants to sell the item a 1 in 5 chance of a BoE item will be far better than the 100% of 10K AD from salvaging it.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Been mentioned before, but I really don't see why any Needed item is not made BoP.

For any really valuable items that are where the major issues arise, for anyone who wants to sell the item a 1 in 5 chance of a BoE item will be far better than the 100% of 10K AD from salvaging it.

I'd actually be good with this, though I'd like to see it flagged as unsalvagable as well. We know they have a flag for it.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    So I guess the ONLY reason this game is still sticking with the stupid Need/Greed/Pass trio instead of the Greed/Pass option is because of the dungeons and dragons connection to keep up with the lore?

I think they can do some creative renaming to satisfy the suits and be done with the Need/greed/pass thing
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    The way people in Neverwinter handle loot is strange to me. I come from 6 and a half years of playing World of Warcraft. In that game if you needed on a green you'd get removed from the dungeon/ raid or at least told off by a few people. The default rule is to greed anything that isn't a direct equipment upgrade or needed quest item. Then if a boss or trash drops something that is an upgrade for you, you need and that's that. Its fair and accurate to the need/greed system.

Everyone "needs" enchants and runestones for refinement. So greeding them is the correct solution imho.

The problem is that NW's loot roll system wasn't designed with these or any restriction. Back in open beta, you could need on anything, even on stuff that's not for your class, which was really bad. But the current system isn't any better since it leaves place for "ninja looting".

The best system, imo, is the ones used by another MMO, where you can need on anything, but if you choose need, the item becomes bound. That would be the perfect system for Neverwinter too, because if something is an upgrade and you need it for use, you shouldn't mind if it becomes bound, and if you want it for making AD out of it, you should greed anyways, and let the others have the same chance of making AD as you. As of now, there are still a lot of peoples, who need in greed runs, just because something valuable dropped, then leaves party and sells the item on the AH. Making items bound on need would prevent this behaviour.
  • shibazakurashibazakura Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The best system, imo, is the ones used by another MMO, where you can need on anything, but if you choose need, the item becomes bound. That would be the perfect system for Neverwinter too, because if something is an upgrade and you need it for use, you shouldn't mind if it becomes bound, and if you want it for making AD out of it, you should greed anyways, and let the others have the same chance of making AD as you. As of now, there are still a lot of peoples, who need in greed runs, just because something valuable dropped, then leaves party and sells the item on the AH. Making items bound on need would prevent this behaviour.

That's a good concept, but I guess NW just wants to keep up its "uniqueness" in a way that all the current players will stick to the game and also to attract new players. About the people who need in greed runs, I think you have a point there, it kinds of goes with the quote from Sophocles,

"Profit is sweet, even if it comes from deception."
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Honestly the problem with loot is people. Just let the game assign loot. I get my drops, you get yours. You can't see what I'm picking up, and I can't see what you are getting. No jealousy, no etiquette, no fuss, or rage.

The game already does this for loot for CTA and HE mob dropped loot. It really needs to be expanded beyond that.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With nearly everything being BoP anyhow, let it give a drop to everyone. It's not like it would kill the economy. Heck, even if it was BoE, the economy has suffered far worse and is still not quite dead yet.