test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon area; limit players

simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Can we get limit of how many players can get in dragon area?
When is there lots of player there is alo with that huge FPS lags that makes game unplayable and i get bad rewards.
I mean only for dragon area not instance limit.

Bump .
Pls put limit, Im tired of very low FPS when lots of players come kill dragon >:(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The number of players at a Heroic encounter has no effect on how good the rewards are , no idea where that myth came from , both Great success and Encounter complete have a chance to get good rewards the only difference is Great success has a better chance than encounter complete , once you get either Encounter complete or Great success it is purely down to RNG what reward you get , the number of players there has nothing to do with it in any way.

Other than that yes I agree , they need to limit the number of players to 15 - 20 and not allow invites once the instance is full up , over that it is very laggy .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bad rewards i mean only 2 coins
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not to mention having to spend 20 mins x 5 dragons just waiting if we couldn't transfer would be a major QoL failure. It would be an hour and forty minutes essentially sitting and waiting for something to spawn every night. That's the kind of thing that would make me quit the game. If the game wants me to not play for that long each night, I wouldn't, I would play something else.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If Whispering Caverns had a lower player-per-instance cap, there would be less player-per-dragon zerg *and* more dragons since there'd be more instances with more staggered timers. No reason to remove instance hopping or being able to invite players, but there'd be less desperation for the people who just need to be able to find one dragon that they can fight so they can finish their quest and get the truck out of there.

The 40 player cap is utterly ludicrous. Earlier dragons are much more challenging because of the combination of fewer people at each fight and lower level players in the mix. Those fights can actually be fun. Whispering Caverns is a joke.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    If Whispering Caverns had a lower player-per-instance cap, there would be less player-per-dragon zerg *and* more dragons since there'd be more instances with more staggered timers. No reason to remove instance hopping or being able to invite players, but there'd be less desperation for the people who just need to be able to find one dragon that they can fight so they can finish their quest and get the truck out of there.

The 40 player cap is utterly ludicrous. Earlier dragons are much more challenging because of the combination of fewer people at each fight and lower level players in the mix. Those fights can actually be fun. Whispering Caverns is a joke.

Dragons have been trivialized so badly in this event that calling them teddy bears would be more appropriate.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the OPs problem is the lag created by the dragon zerg, especially in WC. There have been many times when I've been fine until the dragon spawns, then I can't move and am lucky to use a single power before it's dead. In those cases one does not even get the dragon enchant and sure as hell won't get the epic drops.
  • Options
    hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    I think the OPs problem is the lag created by the dragon zerg, especially in WC. There have been many times when I've been fine until the dragon spawns, then I can't move and am lucky to use a single power before it's dead. In those cases one does not even get the dragon enchant and sure as hell won't get the epic drops.

Seeing that as well, and i am not sure what exactly is going on. Thing is that the 40 people cap is just a soft cap. party members can join a existing member even after the cap has been reached.

As such, i think we are looking at organized farmers that spread out across multiple instances to find the nearest spawn time and then jump in at the last moment. End result is that the actual numbers at the HE can reach 200.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If you are lagging that badly at the dragon in WC turn your graphics down. I will lag there but only if I leave my graphics up. Turning them down solves that issue and lets you fight like normal.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    whispering caverns should have the dragon updated for more resilience or cut by half the amount of players on each instance.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't think my graphic can go any lower, and this computer was built with playing this game in mind.

Maybe they should cut off changing instances 5 minutes or so before a dragon spawns.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    I don't think my graphic can go any lower, and this computer was built with playing this game in mind.

Maybe they should cut off changing instances 5 minutes or so before a dragon spawns.

Unless it looks like minecraft already it can go lower.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    harkur wrote: »

Dragons have been trivialized?, PVE is enterilly trivialized!!!...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Right you are, that thing could probably drop one of our dragons in 5 seconds flat.
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I don't know, Cryptic's past teddy bears got pretty darn vicious.

champions_ol_xmas_teddy_06.jpg
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The number of players at a Heroic encounter has no effect on how good the rewards are , no idea where that myth came from , both Great success and Encounter complete have a chance to get good rewards the only difference is Great success has a better chance than encounter complete , once you get either Encounter complete or Great success it is purely down to RNG what reward you get , the number of players there has nothing to do with it in any way.

I think its more of a phrasing issue. With more players its harder to get Great Success. If you don't get Great Success your chance at getting loot is less. So more players lowers the chance at getting the items. People just refer to it as "worse rewards". Even though its the same stuff for both. Probably not the most accurate description, but its understandable.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1. lol, even if you solo that thing , the drops are 0.00001% chance anyways,which btw, are random class/type drop. I prefer to finish dragon campaign for the boons and not farming all my life for an artifact belt in Neverwinter, to take a break from the game or start playing again Star Trek Online or something else.
    Is it worth it to spend 2 months or a year searching for a belt drop then later you might not be able to (use it) play the game anymore due to the unexpected problems or school in real life ?

They'll increase the chance in time for getting artifact gear when they'll see that only 1% players in this game got it equipped and these things will be more common in the future.And maybe new gear-artifact will be added to the game, such as helmets, rings, etc. not just a belt or a weapon. And maybe they'll create even artifact gear sets.
    I'm playing this game,with breaks sometimes ,since open beta ,i had a key, missed closed beta, and i can see that even if fixing bugs it's not always as expected but i can say that they're good at making new content,gear,companions, etc.

2. last time i checked after the unexpected maintenance,server-issued, the maximum players allowed in a map were 20, only in the summer event to 50.

3. if the dragons lags how about the epic encounters in black ice map. Game crashes at beholder every time, and many ppl are lagging there.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    1. lol, even if you solo that thing , the drops are 0.00001% chance anyways,which btw, are random class/type drop. I prefer to finish dragon campaign for the boons and not farming all my life for an artifact belt in Neverwinter, to take a break from the game or start playing again Star Trek Online or something else.
    Is it worth it to spend 2 months or a year searching for a belt drop then later you might not be able to (use it) play the game anymore due to the unexpected problems in real life ?

They'll increase the chance in time for getting artifact gear when they'll see that only 1% players in this game got it equipped and these things will be more common in the future.And maybe new gear-artifact will be added to the game, such as helmets, rings, etc. not just a belt or a weapon. And maybe they'll create even artifact gear sets.

You are missing the point. The real issue is not the belt - if yoy want that, open a lockbox or farm the skirmish... No, the real issue is the Whispering Caverns dragon, or specifically the item(s) that only drop there.

Consider for example the Draconic gauntlets and boots. The demand for those is the same, right, so any price difference in the AH must be because of a difference in supply. Well, for my class (DC), the one sells for less than 100K the other for around 700K. THe reason is simple - the drop rate in the Whispering Caverns is just miserable because of the crowd there.
    criss11 wrote: »
    2. last time i checked after the unexpected maintenance,server-issued, the maximum players allowed in a map were 20, only in the summer event to 50.

it is 40 in the Whispering Caverns, which is the whole point, and that is why people are asking for it to be reduced to 20.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ok, adinosii, yes u r right, did it 2 or 3 times the whispering cavern dragon and i got lag too, 2 times, one was very bad like at the beholder,with freezing frames. Didn't checked that 55-59 lvl map for max players allowed but ive checked the neverdeath map.Well there is more epic lag in the black ice maps at the epic encounters,game crashes every time at beholder even with lowest settings.
    Anyways for the gear drop its not worth it to farm it a year,taking a lifetime ,
    but to avoid lag,
    i;d suggest that the drops rates should be increased , up to that point where everyone can get that it's own class drop until finishing campaign (but this might make devs to bind drops if arent yet) and/or enable additional(gear) drops only for those with active quest to kill the dragon as daily. In that way we won't see farmers at dragon if any.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Managed to remember to turn on netgraph while at the caverns today. Was hitting between 500 and 2000 received while idling before the dragon, hit 10000 to 20000 during the dragon. Seems anything above 10000 is lag central no matter what i set graphics to (5-6000 produce a "moving through syrup" kind of sensation).
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »

it is 40 in the Whispering Caverns, which is the whole point, and that is why people are asking for it to be reduced to 20.

And it can go well above 40, with people sending out invites... I was in one Whispering Caverns instance where there were 58 people immediately after the dracolich died. (At least I think it was a dracolich... all I saw was a white screen and a slideshow of some numbers.)