test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Actually Joining one of the Factions Listed Allied to Fight the Cult of the Dragon

canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Up to now my experience with D&D has been a couple of supremely uninteresting table top sessions in High School and College (and yes, they really were that bad), an old Arcade game, and this. I've not been particularly interested in the narrative or lore all that much...until now.

For some reason Tyranny of Dragons and the brief bits of lore presented through the quest dialogues have really gotten my attention and motivated me to start looking into some of this stuff (well that and playing through a fresh character with the release of the Scourge Warlock) and what I've read of the various factions has been interesting. To the point where I think it could be a lot of fun if Cryptic looked at adding the ability to (as a character) ally with one of the five factions we work with in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign and giving each faction it's own 'mini-campaign' and quest line with unique rewards depending on which faction your character allied with.

What about the rest of you? Do you think this might be a fun direction to take the game in? Or would you consider it boring/too much grind no matter how it was implemented?
Post edited by canis36 on

Comments

• Options
    thrymskvidathrymskvida Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be appreciated. Even something as simple as a title like Harper Agent or Zhentarim Spy would be really nice for roleplayers.
    Shadow of purple wings: Help the Harpers investigate a wizard suspected to be part of the Cult of the Dragon. - NW-DEYV5SVQ9
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Even though many of my characters are Harper Agents, they would never display such a title or be pompous about it. That's not the Harper way. Thayan and Zhentarim Titles however.... yes please!

As for the bit about actually joining one of the factions... I'd love this option. It must remain an option though. We shouldn't ever be forced into one and we should then also have the ability to leave or switch sides.