test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW's...

shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Library
Why is it that when cw's are in combat, they walk like they just got a atomic wedgey?
Post edited by shhbacon on

Comments

• ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because a 11/931 K/D ratio explains it...
  • laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To be honest, their combat position is almost identical to a position you would hold while firing a handgun with a prety strong kick... The robes makes it hard to spot. I'd say this is a huge and yet subtle easter egg that not many people notice.
    edited August 2014
    are you the easter bunny?
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly I think that this combat animation could need an overwork.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
    edited August 2014
    And also the teleport that sometimes go straight down and not forward
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    One of the reasons I'm not playing CW right now is the combat animation. It's nice to blow someone up, but when you walk away triumphantly like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> crab, it ruins it.

It probably accounts for why so many CWs hop around constantly like idiots. Hopping like an idiot is better than looking like you should be wearing a bicycle helmet in case you fall.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    shhbacon wrote: »
    Why is it that when cw's are in combat, they walk like they just got a atomic wedgey?

I actually cringe when my CW is waddling like that! It's worst in Fardelver Crypts when everyone is running away from the adds and I'm hobbling along behind them like I've had a brown trousers moment.
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Seems someone saw this in zone chat earlier and decided to make a thread about it. :rolleyes:
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The worst animation award goes to Icy Rays. I mean. good lord. CWs will summon a giant flaming rock from the sky and push it, they'll summon a lightening storm in their hand, they'll do a little dance with fire all over them, they'll toss a giant exploding snowball.. but a couple little hunks of ice make them cringe like a 3 year old? I mean... come on.
  • shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    Seems someone saw this in zone chat earlier and decided to make a thread about it. :rolleyes:

That was me that said it zone chat, my alt is Batman >:oP
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    shhbacon wrote: »
    That was me that said it zone chat, my alt is Batman >:oP

Ahh, I thought someone had stole it lol...my bad :)
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    The worst animation award goes to Icy Rays. I mean. good lord. CWs will summon a giant flaming rock from the sky and push it, they'll summon a lightening storm in their hand, they'll do a little dance with fire all over them, they'll toss a giant exploding snowball.. but a couple little hunks of ice make them cringe like a 3 year old? I mean... come on.

I actually like that animation...
  • nwnplayer1nwnplayer1 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    I was the one that said that, and I like perma stun too. My CW is more powerful than ever before. Thank you.
    edited August 2014
    nwnplayer1 wrote: »
    I was the one that said that, and I like perma stun too. My CW is more powerful than ever before. Thank you.

Yeah but he looks dumb.
  • potaterchippotaterchip Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dumb or not, he still kills you at the end of the day. :D
  • phr33d0m123phr33d0m123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One of the reasons I'm not playing CW right now is the combat animation. It's nice to blow someone up, but when you walk away triumphantly like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> crab, it ruins it.

It probably accounts for why so many CWs hop around constantly like idiots. Hopping like an idiot is better than looking like you should be wearing a bicycle helmet in case you fall.

As an 8 month-old CW I totally agree with that. I've spent MILLIONS (well, not really, just a couple of hundrets of thousands) A.D. to make her look classy but at the same time stylish and fightful.

Although, as you say (and the other guy above you said) - looking like having an atomic wedgey or a pinapple stuck up her аss ruins everything... I'm so frustrated that I start jumping like an idiot for the fighting position to wear off.

Pisses me off, a lot.
    edited August 2014
    Dumb or not, he still kills you at the end of the day. :D

Not me, I have a token of free movement :p
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Curiouser and Curiouser... how is it one even knows what an atomic wedgie walk looks like? I feel bad for that atomic test panel!

Seriously though, it's never really bothered me but it does look peculiar, indeed.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh this came to our subforum. Thanks zebular. I can totally see why we should care.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope they NEVER change the animation for CW's

it looks SO hilarious, that's some Dragon ball Z ****
  • shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Curiouser and Curiouser... how is it one even knows what an atomic wedgie walk looks like? I feel bad for that atomic test panel!

Seriously though, it's never really bothered me but it does look peculiar, indeed.
    They show alot of atomic wedgies in tv shows, movies cartoons.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cw battle stance and walk needs a rework,like the one they did with Warlocks. I'm sure most of you remember that Ape like stance they used to have.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
    edited August 2014
    Oh this came to our subforum. Thanks zebular. I can totally see why we should care.

You should care cause you look like a moron.