test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leadership Progression Analysis - Best Route for AD Gain?

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
So, do you think it is better to level Leadership more slowly to gain more AD along the way to Level 20, using a lot of Fight Off Spellplagued (400 AD gain; 120 LS XP gain) and Battle Undead (400 AD gain; 80 LS XP gain) or focus on getting to level 20 by using mostly War Games Training (240 LS XP gain) and Tactical Training (160 LS XP gain)?

Of course, if Protect Diamond Shipment ever comes up, I always go for that no matter what! :)

Which method do you think yields the most AD gain over a 3-month period of working Leadership no more than 2 times a day (5 am and 5pm)? And some days I can't even get the 5pm time slot available due to real life stuff.
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    You'll have the slots to do both (if you have 6 or more, which you should), 3x war games training and acquire mining claim are basically the only decent leadership XP farm tasks there are. Do it like that and use the other 3 or 4 slots for AD tasks that still give 120+ XP, and like you said if diamond shipment or a rare task you want to run pops up, take it. Try to farm the mats you'll need later on as you level, rescue refugees and acquire mining claims are good for this as they are short-ish tasks and give good XP (especially mining claims which give same XP as war games training and you get 2 claims to boot).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    You'll have the slots to do both (if you have 6 or more, which you should), 3x war games training and acquire mining claim are basically the only decent leadership XP farm tasks there are. Do it like that and use the other 3 or 4 slots for AD tasks that still give 120+ XP, and like you said if diamond shipment or a rare task you want to run pops up, take it. Try to farm the mats you'll need later on as you level, rescue refugees and acquire mining claims are good for this as they are short-ish tasks and give good XP (especially mining claims which give same XP as war games training and you get 2 claims to boot).

I have kind of used that road myself, but I still wonder if I would end up making more AD using the high-AD-gain tasks over the high-LS-XP-gain tasks over a 3-month period.

And two of the toons I have are not level 60, so they only have 4 open slots (they have no other professions at level 20 as well).
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Race to max level. If you can, borrow some profession resources from someone to unlock more slots, too- helps a lot.

(I should remember to do that on my Warlock, having said that.. )
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    race to 20 imo
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Use alchemy for 2 more slots. At lvl 3 there is a rare task for 100% succsess an a regular for 100% speed.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Race to 20 EXCLUDING if you happen to get the 'Protect Diamond Shipment' Task that gives you 1600 AD and 120 XP.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For established players get to 20. One of the best bangs for the buck along the way is "Patrol the Mines". 4 hours, gives 200 XP, 120 Leadership XP, 1000 cp and a Mining Claim. Can't beat it. I use 3 of those, 3 Fight Off Spellplagued and 2 War Games Training to make the final push to 20.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My process (This is how *I* do it. I'm not saying it's the best way, but it works great for me):

Level-up Leadership first. Level 1 through 6: Always take "Gather Astral Diamonds" whenever it appears. When I have more than three slots: I always "Hire a mercenary" to start building a pool.

Once you have a truckload of Mercenaries, start upgrading them to guards when that task appears.
    Turn your guards into Footman ASAP.

Buy Worn Armor and Worn Weaponry from Professions Vendor (they're cheap and all you need). You'll want at least 12 sets of each eventually - 18 Sets to use all nine slots once they're open.

If there are additional slots after doing these, I *always" go for the straight "Professions XP" tasks (Yellow XP icon) - which are tiered as 80, 160, and 240 - to get Leadership ranked-up as fast as possible (don;t bother adding additional Mercenary/Guard/Footman assets to a task, the most time you'll save is like 5 minutes: Pffft).

The *moment* you unlock the task to get Mining Claim: do them. This is your highest of all high priorities. Stock them up the very moment you can. This should always be your first three tasks in leadership, THEN go for straight Leadership XP when you have additional slots. THEN always hire Mercenaries/upgrade to Guards/Footman - at least until you have 18 of them (two for each of nine slots eventually)

Exception: Always take the Rare task that requires 1 Mining Claim for 1,600 AD/12-Hours - those really are rare.

Even when you can start claiming 1,200 AD for 3 Mining Claims - SKIP IT, Focus on Leadership XP - get it to level 20.

At level 20:
    Always do freebie 1,600 AD task (no assets except armor and weapons) first 3 slots.
    Always do 1,200 AD Task for 3 Mining Claims in second three slots UNLESS the 1,600 AD/1 Mining Claim Rare task appears.
    Always do the task that GIVES 1 Mining Claim, unless the rare task that gives 2 Mining claims appears.

Use ALTS for other professions (They always do "freebie" 1,600 AD Leadership task, then do other Professions).

If you really want to farm leadership - get ahold of Purple Heroes - they can cut a 12-hour task down to 6-Hours when you use two of them. So as you earn your AD, reinvest it into Armor and Weaponry (only buy the "Worn" stuff, green, blue, purple mean nothing in leadership at this time.) - Then if you can, buy heroes in AH when you can afford them.

Welcome to Professions AD Grinding. :)
  • Options
    maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm leveling Leadership (18 atm) just using tasks which generate AD. Mainly because I'm a casual player and I need AD! ;)

lvl 4, Protect Caravan, 50 AD/hr
    lvl 10, Battle Undead, 66.7 AD/hr
    lvl 12, Collect Taxes, 100 AD/hr - need 1 district map
    lvl 16, Fight Off Spellplagued, 66.7 AD/hr + green barrel
    lvl 17, Deliver Metals, 150 AD/hr - need 1 mining claim
    lvl 18, Resell Goods at Bazaar, 50 AD/hr + large chest - need 3 bill of sale
    lvl 20, Destroy Enemy Camp, 133.3 AD/hr + large chest

I typically use the lvl 16 task until I get a district map or two from a green barrel, then I do collect taxes. Same way with lvl 18 task with mining claims, but you have to have bills of sale also.
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    For leveling the profession out:

I level whatever Armorsmithing and Weaponsmithing are up for my class, along with alchemy first to get the 3 professions unlocked along with the time and rank 3 results so I can have max slots (save for the ones that are related to leveling).
    I don't do the AD ones much, but I did write a guide with some math in it:
    To get from level 19 to 20 Leadership takes 38,400 XP, the breakdown below utilizes 8 profession slots and how often I run each task and which tasks.
    - Tactical Training: 3 slots used, run 1 time per day = 480 XP
    - Patrol the Mines: 3 slots used, run 4 times per day = 1440 XP (Note: you can run it more times, this is just an estimate of how often I run it)
    - War Games Training: 3 slots used, run 2 times per day = 1440 XP (Can be run a 3rd time if I'm not bothered by RL)
    - Fight Off Spellplagued: 2 slots used, run 3 times per day = 960 XP
    38,400 XP minus 4320 XP per day equals roughly 8 days from level 19 to 20, more or less.
    So yeah, and considering I'm about to get my 8th character with level 20 leadership soon (been a little slow lately) I'm happy.

At level 20 leadership you'll open up Destroy Enemy Camp which is 1600 rough AD, Large Chest of Goods and 20 silver, but runs for 12 hours. Since you can only run each leadership task (with the exception of hiring people, save for Footmen) 3 times, you'll be able to gain 4800 rough AD per time (or 9600 per day). If you hoarded a bunch of Mining Claims, you can do Deliver Metals for the price of 3 Mining Claims and gain 1200 AD and 20 silver every 8 hours, and if you're diligent, 3x a day for that would net you 10,800 rough AD per day. Between those two, plus 3x a day invoking for 2k rough AD (for a 60) you would have 22,400 rough AD refined per day. Of course, I almost forgot about Collect Taxes which gives you a small chest of goods, 15 silver and 800 rough AD for 8 hours for the price of just one District Map. With those professions run, you'd be able to hit your refining cap, at least until you run out of maps and mining claims. Of course, you do have a chance of mining claims from the large chest of goods and district maps from the barrel of goods, so there's that. For lesser gains, however, if you do dailies to make up for some of your rough ADs, Fight off Spellplagued and Battle Undead both run for 6 hours and net you 400 RAD each without costing any resources. If you have the AD, or the keys, I would suggest, if you want to earn AD solely from Leadership, that you buy some better workers (blue or purple). I mentioned keys because the Rusted Iron Lockbox drops Leadership Packs and so does the Nightmare Lockboxes. In the long run, the better assets would more than pay for themselves and, since they're not bound, can be sent to alts or friends as you'd like.

Basically, my setup is this:
    3x Destroy Enemy Camp 2x a day = 9600 RAD
    3x Fight Off Spellplagued 3x a day = 3600 RAD
    3x Battle Undead 3x a day = 3600 RAD
    Total of 16,800 RAD a day, and throw in 2k RAD from Invoking 3x a day and it's 18,800

I also do Protect Diamond Shipment if it comes up since 1600 RAD at the cost of 1 Mining Claim is a deal to me. Occasionally I might run Collect Taxes if I get tons of District Maps from the boxes and barrels.

With assets, I generally go with (for 9 slots) 3 Heros (Epic), 6-9 Adventurers(Blue), and 6-9 Man-at-Arms (Green).

With that setup my earnings go to:

3x Destroy Enemy Camp 3x a day = 14400 RAD (1 Hero & 1 Adventurer equates to less than 7 hours)
    3x Fight Off Spellplagued 4x a day = 4800 RAD
    3x Battle Undead 4x a day = 4800 RAD
    Total of 24,000 RAD a day, and throw in 2k RAD from Invoking 3x a day and it's 26,000
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i run the following setup (only 8 slots)

3x destroy enemey camp
    3x fight of spell plagued
    2x rotating

The 2 rotating are made up of the 3 depending on the resources i have

Resell Goods at Bazaar
    Deliver Metals
    Collect Taxes

I run this setup as it gives good AD rate as well as lots of barrels and chests to restock the resources.

gives me an average of:
    3x destroy enemey camp = 1600X3X2 = 9600
    3x fight of spell plagued = 400X3X3 = 3600
    2x rotating = 800 X2X2 = 3200

average total of 15400 per day if I am available to switch at the 6/8 hour marks. Which is usually doable. set before work, set at work, set before going to bed.
  • Options
    scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I haven't done the math lately with prices on the AH, but I think it worked out, that once you reach level 20 leadership, you shouldn't do any tasks that require input other than protect diamond shipment. You're better off selling that input on the AH and doing either fight spell plague or battle undead. Now if you are lazy and don't want to deal with selling district maps, or mining claims, etc, you can do those tasks, but I think you'll make more AD if you sell those inputs.

As for the OP, you should get to 20 as fast as possible. Destroy enemy camp is just too good. Patrol and War games give you the most leadership xp per hour with no inputs. Chart region is actually the best per hour, but requires 3 local maps.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Race to 20 EXCLUDING if you happen to get the 'Protect Diamond Shipment' Task that gives you 1600 AD and 120 XP.

^^ This. The fastest way it to get as many local maps as possible and run continuously 3 x Chart Region task with 3 x Patrol the mines + 1-3 others, depending on how many slots you have (buy/borrow some assets to unlock the 100% speed and tier 3 result slots).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am going to make some assumptions (to avoid complexity) and do the math from level 16 Leadership:

Assumptions:
    * only using "common" tasks because the "rare" tasks are too variable
    * 5 slots available (lvl 60 character with no other level 20 professions)
    * start at Leadership Level 16 = 115,200 LXP until Level 20
    * work Leadership two times each day
    * results for a 180-day time period
    * Max LXP = only use War Games Training (240 LXP; 0 AD) and Tactical Training (160 LXP; 0 AD)
    * Max AD = only use Fight Off Spellplagued (120 LXP; 400 AD) and Battle Undead (80 LXP; 400 AD)
    * Once Level 20 is reached, 3 slots will use Destroy Enemy Camp (1600 AD; LXP not relevant now)

Again, this is only a simple analysis . . .

Max LXP to Level 20 Option:
    3 slots War Games Training and 2 slots Tactical Training twice per day = 2080 LXP per day
    Level 20 in 55.5 days with ZERO AD gained during that time
    After level 20 - Destroy Enemy Camp (3 slots) and Fight Off Spellplagued (3 slots) = 12,000 AD per day
    124.5 days remaining after reaching level 20 = 1,494,000 AD in 180 days

Max AD to Level 20 option:
    3 slots Fight Off Spellplagued and 2 slots Battle Undead twice per day = 1040 LXP and 4000 AD per day
    Level 20 reached after 111 days PLUS 444,000 AD earned
    69 days remaining after reaching level 20 = 828,000 AD + 444,000 AD = 1,272,000 AD in 180 days

Hybrid Option 1:
    3 slots Fight Off Spellplagued and 2 slots War Games Training twice per day = 1680 LXP and 2400 AD per day
    Level 20 reached after 69 days PLUS 165,600 AD earned
    111 days remaining after reaching level 20 = 1,332,000 AD + 165,600 AD = 1,497,600 AD earned in 180 days

Hybrid Option 2:
    3 slots War Games Training and 2 slots Fight Off Spellplagued twice per day = 1920 LXP and 1600 AD earned per day
    Level 20 reached after 60 days PLUS 96,000 AD earned
    120 days remaining after reaching level 20 = 1,440,000 AD + 96,000 AD = 1,536,000 AD earned in 180 days

Looks like the differences are not huge between 3 of the different options for AD gains after 6 months. . .

• Options
    casewoodshadowcasewoodshadow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    ^^ This. The fastest way it to get as many local maps as possible and run continuously 3 x Chart Region task with 3 x Patrol the mines + 1-3 others, depending on how many slots you have (buy/borrow some assets to unlock the 100% speed and tier 3 result slots).

Fully agree with this. My 1st toon to level 20 leadership took forever because I was doing every task that offered AD and making my own leadership assets. Leadership takes a long time to get to 20th level no matter what but it's faster if you take the tasks that will give you the most Leadership experience (LS XP) per hour AND that fits your schedule.

Also, I would not recommend making your own white LS guys (mercs, guards, etc.) other than the 1st one you're given. Why? It takes 18 hours to make one which ties up that slot when you could be gaining LS XP. To make the level 2 white asset (guard), it's 4 level 1 guys at 18 hours each, plus 18 hours to combine them into a guard. Repeat this again to turn 4 level 2 assets into a level 3 asset and you can see how this will severely slow your progress to level 20 LS. Do anything (Rhix quests, Neverember quests, dungeons, etc.) to make money and purchase some rank 3 assets from the AH. LS is a long grind but it's a good financial investment.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »

Those assets to unlock an additional slot to get the 100% speed increase are expensive . . . would take quite a bit of time to make-up the AD that were spent on the assets . .

• Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In general, I rank the tasks in the following order.

to 4
    Guard Duty - > Martial Training

to 7
    Protect Caravan -> Martial Training

to 9
    Protect Caravan -> Tactical Training

to 10
    Chart Region -> Protect Caravan -> Tactical Training

to 13
    Chart Region -> Battle Undead -> Tactical Training

to 16
    Chart Region -> Protect Diamond Shipment -> Patrol the Mines -> War Games Training -> Battle Undead

to 20
    Chart Region -> Protect Diamond Shipment -> Patrol the Mines -> Fight Off Spellplagued -> War Games Training

at 20
    Destroy Enemy Camp -> Protect Diamond Shipment -> Seek Out Maps -> Collect Taxes -> Marks of Gratitude consuming tasks -> Fight Off Spellplagued

You may be wondering, why is Chart Region so important? Or thinking, Seek Out Maps and Collect Taxes at rank 20, buh? I run Chart Region because it's the fastest LXP (Leadership XP) task there is at 40 LXP/hour, it also rewards a district map. As does Seek Out Maps, and district maps are consumed by Collect Taxes which is the common task with the third highest AD/time rate (at 100 AD/hr, Destroy Enemy Camp is 133/hr, and Deliver Metals is 150/hr).

But Chart Region also uses a lot of materials (local maps) and is tedious to queue up every 1-2 hours. So again, those were general guidelines.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Use alchemy for 2 more slots. At lvl 3 there is a rare task for 100% succsess an a regular for 100% speed.

I can't find these tasks? Can anyone tell us the name of these tasks, rare or common, that give automatic 100%success and automatic 100%speed?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm at lv 19 of leadership, so far I've only levelled that one and I have just 5 slots. I don't really understand how to get the extra slots (besides the ones for getting 1 and 3 professions to lv 20 of course)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    IIRC, you get a slot for reaching character level 10 (to unlock professions), character level 30, and character level 60. You unlock an additional slot for having one profession reach levels 3, 10, and 20. You get another for having three professions reach level 20. The last two REQUIRE the use of premium profession assets.

One unlocks at 100% speed increase...which is all kinds of mislead and mathematically confusing/incorrect. What it requires you to do is use to purple person profession assets on a single project to complete it in half the time it would normally take.

The other is to get a rank three result on profession task. This one is also somewhat weird and can't be unlocked through doing leadership. You have to run (and level up) one of the other professions and use one of the rare tasks or - if it's Weaponsmithing/Artificing you can use one of the stock [Weapon] of Aryuvandil tasks - when you select to do that task it gives you a selection of possible outcomes - T1 is a +6 epic weapon without any enchantment slots IIRC. T2 is that same weapon with a single enchantment slot. T3 is the [Weapon] of Aryuvandil with an enchantment slot and a weapon enhancement slot. You have to get that T3 result to unlock this slot and, so far as I'm aware that requires at least one blue profession tool and three green tools to even have a chance at doing so. IIRC if you have 4 purple tools you have a 50/50 chance of getting a T2 or T3 result.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    One unlocks at 100% speed increase...which is all kinds of mislead and mathematically confusing/incorrect. What it requires you to do is use to purple person profession assets on a single project to complete it in half the time it would normally take.

The other is to get a rank three result on profession task. This one is also somewhat weird and can't be unlocked through doing leadership. You have to run (and level up) one of the other professions and use one of the rare tasks or - if it's Weaponsmithing/Artificing you can use one of the stock [Weapon] of Aryuvandil tasks - when you select to do that task it gives you a selection of possible outcomes - T1 is a +6 epic weapon without any enchantment slots IIRC. T2 is that same weapon with a single enchantment slot. T3 is the [Weapon] of Aryuvandil with an enchantment slot and a weapon enhancement slot. You have to get that T3 result to unlock this slot and, so far as I'm aware that requires at least one blue profession tool and three green tools to even have a chance at doing so. IIRC if you have 4 purple tools you have a 50/50 chance of getting a T2 or T3 result.

So what others are saying about the level 3 Alchemy tasks is wrong.

You HAVE to possess several PURPLE assets in order to unlock those two slots.
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »

The speed increase slot definitely does not require any purple assets. I don't have any purple crafting people, and have unlocked that slot on all my toons with 4 blue Master Alchemists (25% speed increase each).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The speed increase slot definitely does not require any purple assets. I don't have any purple crafting people, and have unlocked that slot on all my toons with 4 blue Master Alchemists (25% speed increase each).

Yeah, so a few purple, or at least 4 blue. In other words, you either have to open lockboxes or buy the blue/purple assets of the AH for a hefty price.
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, so a few purple, or at least 4 blue. In other words, you either have to open lockboxes or buy the blue/purple assets of the AH for a hefty price.

I watched the AH like a hawk and picked up the odd cheap green workers and when I had enough, upgraded them to blue... ditto my purple mortar/stone/crucible are all upgraded from greens and blues, bought cheap. I haven't looked at the prices recently, though, so I don't know if that is still the most economical approach.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Greens are more expensive than blues right now (4/1 ratio equivalent).
    Blues start at 25k AD a piece. How long would it take to recoup the money spent opening up that extra slot, by using that extra slot for leadership tasks? Is it worth it?
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    they are expensive now only due to the alchemical event. before they were dirt cheap.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Greens are more expensive than blues right now (4/1 ratio equivalent).
    Blues start at 25k AD a piece. How long would it take to recoup the money spent opening up that extra slot, by using that extra slot for leadership tasks? Is it worth it?

Actually if you're diligent with it you can recoup your AD pretty quickly if you manage to get some Purple Leadership assets. Which is where I got the 2x Purple number from - I used Leadership to unlock it and kind of forgot you can stack up to three more persons on many other profession tasks.

I have six purple Leadership assets on my main and over the last week I've started to run higher and higher and surpluses of AD that I can't refine each day as I've actually started to pay attention and select tasks with high AD-per-time-unit payouts.

That said getting the AD to get those guys does take quite a while as I think they were going for something like 300-400k AD a piece when I picked them up.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Sorry, I play since open beta and the epic alchemy assets where around 15k AD, when I bought them. I did not check prices lately, so I did not know, that they increased significantly.

You could just ask friends to lent them to you for a few days. My alchemists only see the light of day, when I unlock slots for a new toon.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In my mind the Deliver Metals task is a very bad one to use when looked at from the point of efficiency in gaining AD (time spent vs AD gained). I will not be looking at leveling up leadership here, just once you at lv 20 already.

So Deliver Metals requires 3 mining claims to start which means running Patrol the Mines 3 times first (more efficient then the Rare 12 task called Raid Enemy Mines that rewards 2 mining claims). So now you have invested 12 hours into gaining 3 mining claims and so you can start Deliver Metals which will now take 8 hours and reward you with 1,200 AD.

You have now spent 12+8= 20 hours to gain 1,200 AD which is 1,200AD/20hrs = 60AD/hr

In comparison, Fight Off Spellplagued and Battle Undead both give you 400 AD in return for 6 hours of spent time which is 400AD/6hr = 66.67AD/hr.

If you wish to compare Deliver Metals to Spellplagued and Undead you can look at it like this. Deliver Metals takes a total of 4 tasks, 20hrs and gives you 1,200AD. Spellplagued and Undead can give you 1,200AD in 18 hours and only 3 tasks leaving you free to not need to be near your computer/logged into gateway as often.

I like using Collect Taxes when I can. Using the lv 10 rare task Seek Out Maps you gain 2 District maps (which are then used in Taxes) in 6 hours. then Taxes uses 1 District map and takes 8 hours and rewards you with 800AD. So we use 3 hours from the Seek Out Maps (because we get 2 maps but only need 1) and the 8 hours from Taxes and get a total of 11hrs used for 800AD reward. 800AD/11hrs = 72.72AD/hr.

So this works out to 1,600AD per 22 hours. Granted, because Seek Out Maps is a rare task it is not always available so when I see it I take over taking Spellplagued/Undead.

For reasons of efficiency you should not really do anything but these tasks (and of course Destroy Enemy Camp and Protect Diamond Shipment when it appears (cancel a Spellplagued/Undead so you can take advantage of the Diamond Shipment). Of course you will need to do Patrol the Mines once in a while so that you can keep up a supply of mining claims to use with Protect Diamond Shipment so just weave those in among your other tasks, perhaps save starting Collect Taxes for before you go to bed and do a Patrol the Mines in the hours previous.

More problems arise though when your main character(s) have multiple hundreds of thousands of Raw AD that you can't possibly refine in the near future. To my mind there is no point in doing leadership for it anymore as it is locked away behind a lengthy time gate. So what I do is do the leadership tasks that can help my other alts like Seek Out Maps and Patrol the Mines and then send those resources to my alts so that they don't need to waste time doing those tasks themselves.

What you can also do is start collecting Refugees and using them in the lv 15 rare task Build Shelters. The Mark of Gratitude that you gain with this task can be sold for about 2,000-2,500 AD right now (do NOT use it in the other level 20 rare tasks where it is a component as it is very inefficient (3 marks = 45 refugees = 90 hours @ 6 hours per 3 refugees and then the extra resources on top of that). But people buy them so you can make money off that :) the purple chest should be opened and you can sell/use the contents as desired.

Right, don't forget to open the brown/green/blue/purple chests that you gain from doing leadership. The brown (from Taxes) and the green (from Spellplagued) seem crappy but over time the RP they gives can really add up and the potions/common profession resources can be saved and sold for a few extra AD once you get a stack.

TL,DR? Deliver Metals sucks because Math - better options exist
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!