test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF vs CW freeze - no change to avoid perma freeze

theevilneedletheevilneedle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

what kind of **** balancing is that again. How shall a GF fight vs CWs now?
A GF has no chance vs CW. The GF shield doesn't work against CW freeze. They can freeze you through the shield. And the GF has no encounter to get CC immune or get out off CC. And GF can't dodge either.
CW, DC, TR and HR can dodge. GWF and TR can get out of CC. GF has his shield and blocks huge dmg for the hole party. But he has it only for about 2 secs. Then the CW has him in CC and he can't use his shield anymore and the party buff is gone.

Why does Cryptics have to make the public classes always op. CW has needed a buff. But this is stupid now. I join PVP, a CW sees me, he perma freeze me and I am down. Sometimes I have my daily ready and I can get get CC immune or reflect dmg. Then I have a chance in this fight. But most time the CW doges during this time. So my daily is over and i am dead again.

Just fix the GF shield so he can block CW's CC attacks too. Or give him an encounter to get out of CC. Or nerv the CW freeze. But fix the GF shield is the easiest and best solution in my opinion.
Post edited by theevilneedle on

Comments

• izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Working as intended, stop asking for nerfs.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you are just bad lol ,
    i think you may ask in the GF class section for an advice how to fight against CW !
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW's could always freeze a GF through their shield. The only reason anyone complains about this now is that while they are freezing you and you get frozen you are then dead quickly. Because of the amount fo damage coming off of that RoF ability.

The mechanic isn't the problem, with out the ability to freeze or do something to a GF before they get on you how is that fair to the CW? Get high deflect to lessen the length of how long you are CC'ed. And learn how to LoS people better.

A lot of people will argue it isn't Ray of Frost that is killing you it is Storm Spell.

That is just silly logic. Yes SS is doing the damage, but with out RoF having such a high proc rate for things like SS it wouldn't be a problem. Plus the feat that lets RoF have 50% chance to give double chill stacks PER TICK, which is very quick, as you cal tell by the proc rate it gives for SS.

What you should be asking for is Storm Spell proc chance reduction or to reduce the damage of SS. Getting frozen sucks but with out that amount of damage rolling out it will be more of an annoyance and less of a death sentence.

Maybe the next paragon for GF will include a Spell Reflect ability. That would be REALLY friggin cool and interesting to use and fight against! So it can Reflect spells from CW and SW and just block and riposte any melee/ranged hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    Working as intended, stop asking for nerfs.

Sure if you ignore the fact that RoF is being used as an offensive spell instead of purely supportive as designed.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Simple fix: Let RoF apply Chill stacks, but not deal any damage.
  • theevilneedletheevilneedle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pantamime: nice reply. ty
    izidius, kaedennn: learn to argue. Take an example at pantamime's reply.

The problem is the perma freeze and not even have a chance to get out of it or avoid it. When I have my shield up, i can't get to the CW (or it takes very long). When i want to make dmg on him I have to use an encounter. So i have to go out of my guard position. Now the CW should be able to freeze me. Or when the CW attacks me from behind, he should be able to freeze me. To get me freeze and dead, he would neeed good timing for his freeze attacks and movement skill to get behind me now.

It should be possible to counter or avoid an attack for all classes. But GF can't avoid or counter any freeze attack of the CW. All other classes can avoid or get out the freeze attack and can do a counter attack after it.

I don't think it is good if CWs dps gets nerfed. He needs to kill fast, because he gets down quick too.
    I just want to have a chance to avoid freeze and set a counter attack after it.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ... All other classes can avoid or get out the freeze attack and can do a counter attack after it.
    Good to know. How do I do that with my DC ?
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
    edited August 2014
    the easiest fix would be.
    When GF is guarding with his shield, he should be CC immun in direction to his shield. The cold stacks should still count. So when he gets out of guard position he can be freezed very quick.

Then it would be BALANCED. CW still have very good chance to win. GF can only make dmg to the CW, when he get out of guard. Thats the chance for the CW to kill him. And he can try to get behind him, another chance to kill him.
    The GF has the chance to keep alive with his shield. And perhaps to set a counter attack.
    edited August 2014
    the DC can dodge twice. when u doge a attack u dodge the hole attack. all dmg and all cc. When he dodge the attack, he has a chance to set a counter attack. easy logic.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If only DC couldn't been frozen right after he dodges... Those chill stacks aren't being removed with dodge, you know?

Ontopic: GF is very strong after all buffs, CW is the only real counter to them. And after they fix CWs Spell Storm and other OP stuff, it will be balanced.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    the DC can dodge twice. when u doge a attack u dodge the hole attack. all dmg and all cc. When he dodge the attack, he has a chance to set a counter attack. easy logic.

You do realize that DC has only 2 dodges, right? RoF can be constantly streamed at its target for the chill stacking. That's what people aren't realizing. Who cares if someone dodges when you can just restart RoF on the target, stacking chill stacks fast until the target's frozen. Then(because damage no longer breaks the freeze) the CW basically has his way with you. Only 2 classes (tr/gwf) can break out of the freeze.

The name of the game anymore not ends up being the powers themselves, but the feats/class feats that get procced because of it. How bad has it become when Storm Spell(a class feature) is more the end goal of an attack/combo, than the powers themselves proccing it?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is probably and inciting statement, but GWF have been prone prone kill for so long that its about time the CW can dish out something similar, sucks to not be able to do anything doesn't it?

Now the GF's are on with some increased offensive capability, apparently 1 or 2 shotting their enimies with anvil and lunging strike, again the role of CW is control and finally are able to use that in PVP. However once again we see how NOT fun it is to be stuck frozen while people kill you ...

Complain all you want but there is NOOOOOO way of making PVP in "this" game work so that it has any semblence of balance, the only option is to strip people of their gear and totally remove the stun/prone effects from pvp and that is NOT happening no one wants to play without gear so you have yourselves to blame for taking advantage of mechanics meant for PVE and abusing them in PVP making people cry "nerf!" and thus making further imbalances or more accurately making it so that we have a rotating OP class every few months from "re-balancing". Right now the CW is shining, we will milk it for what its worth after months being near worthless. We will finally get to complete the PVP campaign or at least get some of the boons and such from it.

When MOD 5 arrives the TR and DC get attention and i'm pretty much certain what will happen is they will get buffed to compete with GF and CW now which will probably make them OP and then they will be the ones ruling the arena again .... as is the vicious cycle so let it be written, so let it be done.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    There are already constructive threads on the issues that cause one to want a "nerf." However, we don't allow threads like these that are basically just asking for nerfs instead of constructively discussing the issue. As well, this isn't the proper forum for PvP discussion and as I said, there are already threads on the issues at hand.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.