test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rename the SW forum!

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in The Nine Hells
There seems to be a lot of interest in renaming the Scourge Warlock forums. I've loved a few of the ideas so far, so I figured I'd let the community decide what to name our brand-new class forum! Vote for your favorite here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Book of Vile Deeds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Abyssal Pact
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nine Hells is not appropriate because it is the source of only one type of entity which only empowers one third of Warlocks.

Voted 'The Darkness,' but would like 'The Darkening' or just 'The Dark' better. All of these pacts are made in sheltered places, away from the eyes of the uninitiated.

Cabal could work as it is a secret organization or plot.

Coven could work as it applies to Witches. In some histories (or myths,) male witches were called warlocks. Both dealt with pacts unworthy of the light of day.

The Rift suggests a tear in the 'fabric' that separates the mundane world from the paranormal planes. I don't care for the sound of it though.

Edit- Updated.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nine Gates.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "The Bargaining Table." Warlocks are all about bargains, be it with archfey, eldritch abominations, archdevils, demons, or vestiges.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Had to go Nine Hells. It's the only one to make any sense, because:

"The Darkness" is too boring-sounding, as though zero creative effort were made in coming up with that title.

"The Cabal" is more often than not referring to a political clique. At least that's what first comes to kind when I read this.

"The Coven" - Only Vampires [Vampyre? LOL] do Covens. It matters not what any dictionary says because the puke-inducing teeny-bopper movies of a couple years ago have officially bastardized our language to cause particular words to invoke a gag-reflex action in the reader. Excuse me while I run to the head.

"The Rift" This one sounds good, but I'm not sure how to apply "a crack in something" to Warlocks. Just saying.

So it must be Nine Hells for the win!
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    too bad the lower depths are taken :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll vote for my original concept of the Cabal. The Nine Hells is great guys but remember, if they add in other pacts like fey or stars, then the Nine Hells won't make sense.
    The Cabal is neutral, mysterious and awesome sounding.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • bigdoserbigdoser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    I'll vote for my original concept of the Cabal. The Nine Hells is great guys but remember, if they add in other pacts like fey or stars, then the Nine Hells won't make sense.
    The Cabal is neutral, mysterious and awesome sounding.

Thing is we won't get another pact our warlock story wise and campaign wise is infernal its even woven into our non paragon path abilities and the warlock class quest. Hell they even talked with wizard since they who our sponser is and they went with belial plus it was datamined that we were going to be infernal

Plus the develpers said one of the main mechanics soul puppet is because we are infernal pacted with Belial and its his thing since he is letting us borrow a soul. So its not changing hence why nine hells is an option.

Oh I voted nine hells.
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not necessarily referring to just the SW itself adding pacts but in the event that they add another warlock class with a different pact ala GF and GWF both are fighters just different types.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • dualisticdualistic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I really don't care what it's called, The Altar is fine. But then again, i'm swedish and over here people who are religious or go to curch are considerd wierd, so the first thing that comes to mind when i hear the word "altar" is satanism, the occult and sacrifices so thought it fit.
    But from the options i like the cabal the most, the nine hells sounds abit corny and over the top imho.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I prefer to put the SW into the library section. Similar to the barracks which is for GWF and GF, the library would be for CW and SW.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yolo Swag.
  • heck62heck62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Oubliette, or the sepulchre
  • warpstrifewarpstrife Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dualistic wrote: »
    I really don't care what it's called, The Altar is fine. But then again, i'm swedish and over here people who are religious or go to curch are considerd wierd, so the first thing that comes to mind when i hear the word "altar" is satanism, the occult and sacrifices so thought it fit.
    But from the options i like the cabal the most, the nine hells sounds abit corny and over the top imho.

i tend to agree the nine hells does not fit like the rest of the classes hang out(to me). I find Darkness the best or the abyss or even the pit/the cursed.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly, the Altar is fine. I don't get the complaints since altars are used as much for sacrificial stuff, IE evil, as they are for worshipping to local holy powers.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly, the Altar is fine. I don't get the complaints since altars are used as much for sacrificial stuff, IE evil, as they are for worshipping to local holy powers.

I kinda' agree. Nothing wrong with keeping it "The Altar" to me.
    xWTBadM.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I don't mind the Altar really, however I do feel it's too close to a Divine sounding name. I voted for The Cabal as that would be suited for any pact and even though we are all technically "Infernal" as a SW right now, being named something more in-between -- yet still controversial, would be more suited in my mind. Even if one is chosen that doesn't reflect the classes at a future time, a forum's name can always be re-adjusted.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about "The Order?"
    I freely admit being inspired by Crowley's HORD and other historical occultist movements, but it has the benefit of allowing members of a pact to gather regardless whether it is an infernal, fey, or star pact.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    faleth77 wrote: »
    The Abyssal Pact

The Abyss is the CE realm where demons dwell - Devilkind are LE and dwell in the Nine Hells.

But The Pact would be good.
  • nubmuffin1nubmuffin1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Mango :D
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Deathlock!!!!
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I'm rather partial to "The Dark Sanctum" or more simply, "The Sanctum."
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Pit.

There you have it.
  • passionbreezepassionbreeze Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given that a coven is technically a congregation of warlocks I would go with that. Also, I was thinking since the warlocks are feared by most of neverwinter's populace and many players seem to play them as Tieflings which already have a dark history, we could be the ShadowHaven. A safe place for a highly disputed group.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    Alrighty, "The Nine Hells" looks to be a winner. Sorry it took me a while to get this change in. >_>;;
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol, now the name has changed, I was getting used to "The Altar" :eek:
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg