Install Arc
Options

Artifact belts drop rate

2»

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dragons drop rates are extremly bad i wish devs ould just make more normal drop rates 1% chance for belts would be good start
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have not seen a belt but I have gotten an artifact gloves and boots on a CW all were from great success or from rewards that gave 5 coins (I have noticed that there are rewards that give 3 coins that don't give you anything but an enchant).

I presume the drops are better in the skirmish and a dungeon that has to be unlocked, essentially only the lucky and hardcore players will be getting them before those are unlocked. Or I guess the uber rich since they can buy them from the people selling them for absurd amounts.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    dragons drop rates are extremly bad i wish devs ould just make more normal drop rates 1% chance for belts would be good start

I remember Monster Hunter when we were fighting as 4 (and only as 4) a hard Monster and having a 1% chance drop rate for a gem .... to make a set .... and needed several of them + others craft items .... Each monster killable in around 35-50 minutes.

That was so godamn good :p.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    I remember Monster Hunter when we were fighting as 4 (and only as 4) a hard Monster and having a 1% chance drop rate for a gem .... to make a set .... and needed several of them + others craft items .... Each monster killable in around 35-50 minutes.

That was so godamn good :p.

1% is better then 0.1% or worse what we got atm :p
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    1% is better then 0.1% or worse what we got atm :p

0.001%*. :p
  • Options
    steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not like it matter's, The best belt's dont drop from Dragons anyway. Only from Artifact Packs, and the Dungeon (locked currently)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm hoping the artifact belts have a much better drop rate in the dungeons and skirmishes , if they do a lot of people who have been offering insane prices to buy them will be sick xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    robrobsonrobrobson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personally I openened twice 8 boxes in instant and got 1 dragon bone and 2 bracers, and the second time 1 bracer.
    I said that to 2 of my friends, they both opened 7 rewards in instant and both got artifact (and one of them also got bracers + tunic).

Try to open 7 or 8 boxes and tell me what did you get.

What box? Possible to get box as a reward instead of autoopen after dragon's death?
  • Options
    mobydik1969mobydik1969 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well i did 120 epic skirmisch and not a belt, even the dragons i killed a lot not a belt.
    So i sell my radiant +9 and i bought a belt.
    I get sick off all the dragons and skirmisch (epic).
  • Options
    madaragataosenaimadaragataosenai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did elol about 350 times(have 3xr5 dragon chant stacks plus i not always waste keys on craep reward).Still no belt.It droped ones and it was sash and i was not lucky on need roll.I killed vilitrax about 300+(had 2k+ dragon hoard coins fom WC vili farming) times and all i have is 1 rod and few boots.2 months of grind and no belt...Drop rate is super low,its realy 0.1%...
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yeah they said they improved the drops from the dungeon/skirm (NOT from HE) but empirical evidence contradicts that... If they did change the drop rates, it is too small to notice. I've ran one of each class through this campaign and done hundreds of skirm/dungeon runs and I never got a belt or boon book either so don't expect anything to change here (especially because the next mod's boon tree is connected to this one, boon tomes will be in HIGH demand and loot tables that have the artifact stuff are heavily diluted with trash).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Yeah they said they improved the drops from the dungeon/skirm but empirical evidence contradicts that... If they did change the drop rates, it is too small to notice.
    Whey said whey WILL improve it in next mod,but new belts and arti offhand will be with much lower droprate.And ofc it will be in new payboxes...
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, my point is changing the drop rate from 0.01% to 0.02% is not going to improve things very much...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And i have question about drop mechanics from chest:can u see belt in chest or it can only apear in your inventory when u consume arcane key?
  • Options
    g4nj4m4n0g4nj4m4n0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kyobi16 wrote: »
    This is so unfair u have mor chane to get that belt from the lockboxes then the dragon HE's
    give us same rate drop rate!!!!!!!!!
    ive been farming dragons since mod 4 started got over 150 great sucsses and nothing.

dude if you want belt go eLOL with arcane key. I got 2x Twined rope of dex in 2 consecutive runs, ofc a day apart coz i had to craft the key. I know im the luckiest guy around but still, i think its your best bet.
  • Options
    tradeactbdtradeactbd Member Posts: 50
    edited October 2014
    The current drop rate is "Don't bother".
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    before 5 weeks i bought 5 zen keys. i made several (4-6) runs of elol every day. still have my 5 keys. crazy enough. they will have place in inventory for forever looks like :-((((
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This thread is too long to read everything, but i'll relay my experinces.

I almost always get great success on dragons and I have killed many of them. No belts.

I have probably run elol several hundred times (lost count). I'll say 300 times and I have pulled 3 belts, checking both chests. This puts their drop rate at about .5% (or 1/200).

Of course i didn't keep great records, this is just a guess.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    on my CW & SW combined, I think I've run both dungeon and skirmish at least a few hundred times each, and I have done dragon dailies most days (missed a few when I just couldn't be bothered doing the rounds) since mod 4 went live, and the best I have had to show for it, is 3 dragon gems on my SW.

no books, no belts, nothing like that at all. in my experience, the rewards reaped haven't been anywhere near worth the time invested.

the game's daily grind for a chance of winning, which all but equates to next to nothing, day in, day out is just not that fun.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I received a green INT Sash and some Draconic boots early on, nothing since.
    I really wish they would split up the RNG, so it isn't impacted by number of combatants.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For biased coin flipping type scenarios (this thing with this chance) the highest variances in results are at the lowest probabilities of success. Whenever a dev pushes a probability down to almost nothing they are saying the variance in player results will be the highest possible we can achieve. In such scenarios it takes forever for "hard work" to washout "luck" and get everyone more or less to have equivalent results.

For example, you grind T2 dungeons and very quickly everyone that grinds them the same amount has the same pile of set items from a chest. You grind eSoT the same amount and a very special few have what they want and most everyone else has nothing. It is almost inconceivable how much you have to grind it before all your friends have achieved their goals. It is also almost inconceivable how much work you have to put in before "hard work" washes out "luck".
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If I was going to put statistical understanding in words for a dev suggestion it would be this:
    Make the drop rate of a token/shard 10x the current drop rate of the belt, make the tokens specific to a belt (shard of X), make them BoP, and then require 10 of the token/shard to buy the belt which will be BoE.

Why? Because the variance drops substantially, but the rate that the belts enter the game remains completely unchanged or even drops (belt per a eSot). It becomes much more realistic to "hard work" your way through to the belts.
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    RNG has been down graded to a content block since mod 3 now shut it and come up with a better way!
  • Options
    telirium1telirium1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    that guy who bought 64 lock box's... $80 spent on absolute nothing but virtual treasure that will be obsolete in 3 months. Way to go champ. This game is nothing but a skinner box. Its designed to frustrate and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you off so you spend money to advance. With out spending money the alternative is also designed for you to spend ungodly amounts of time hoping you will get an advancement and in turn frustrate the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of you so you break down and buy a lock box... because after all its right there... in your bag... and its purple... it takes space in your bag WHICH of course leads you to spend money for more bags and bank space. Not to mention the 1,000,000,000 different things that take up space in your bags constantly. 200 different enchantments, all different sizes, some upgraded to take its own space... and cant be stacked. Yeah this game traps you into feeling like you need to spend money to "keep up." Funny part is, most of the guys running around with 19,000 GS are designers of the game and get whatever they want for free. THANKS OBAMA.