test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact belts drop rate

kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
This is so unfair u have mor chane to get that belt from the lockboxes then the dragon HE's
give us same rate drop rate!!!!!!!!!
ive been farming dragons since mod 4 started got over 150 great sucsses and nothing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    If it were 1% drop rate I would be happy (Monster Hunter forever <3)

But actually I'd say about 0.01% (1-2 green belts at AH).
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    be patient, there will be more when the dungeon and skirmish is unlocked.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Patient? id say 150 dragons is more then patient.
    i just ask for same drop rate the Cash spenders get with lockboxes, $ is supposed to make the game a lot less of a grind, fast and easy to get items but nothing u cant get with normal grind
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If testing on Preview is anything to go by the new Dragon HE drop rates suck just as hard as the IWD HE drop rates.

Enjoy the grind.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    If testing on Preview is anything to go by the new Dragon HE drop rates suck just as hard as the IWD HE drop rates.

Enjoy the grind.

No more grinding for me outside of boons. I wasted months in Icewind for stupid Black Ice drops and still nothing. I will never grind for gear based on RNG or a dodgy scoring system again. I'll probably fall behind once players start getting them, but I have better things to do than chase Beholders, Dragons & Remorhaz.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    its actually way lower then IWD HE's
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    No more grinding for me outside of boons. I wasted months in Icewind for stupid Black Ice drops and still nothing. I will never grind for gear based on RNG or a dodgy scoring system again. I'll probably fall behind once players start getting them, but I have better things to do than chase Beholders, Dragons & Remorhaz.
    Same here. I'll be killing enough Dragons to progress the campaign but I won't be grinding them for gear. I did that on Preview and despite never getting anything less than Great Success I got one lousy Blue drop (a bow) and the rest was coins and R3/R4 enchants.

No thanks.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just hope I manage to get a Artifact belt before the double RP weekend (if we manage to qualify for it), that would make leveling it so much simpler ....
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I think without ''great success'' Its 0.01% or probably not even possible to drop the belt thats why there are only 2 in AH. If people wouldn't write time which results in full instances there would be more in AH.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i did 300 dragons the last 3 days 150 of which were great sucsses. all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You all have to realize if this is anything like IWD Heroic Encounters-- Just look at the player cap: 6-10 players! Everybody is zerging it. So no, I wouldn't even put your odds in the 0.1% category.

It would be zero. If you go above and beyond 10 players, let's say 20 players hitting on the dragon, then none of the 20 of you even get a chance at all. This is how IWD campaign HE works. I highly doubt they were more creative here than the previous one. It would have to be a recycled system.

Maybe if you all agree to make groups of 10 and take turns bashing the dragon, instead of spamming the instances with a 100 of you, then maybe. But that's not gonna happen. So GG or wait to unlock the dungeon!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kyobi16 wrote: »
    i did 300 dragons the last 3 days 150 of which were great sucsses. all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

Personally I openened twice 8 boxes in instant and got 1 dragon bone and 2 bracers, and the second time 1 bracer.
    I said that to 2 of my friends, they both opened 7 rewards in instant and both got artifact (and one of them also got bracers + tunic).

Try to open 7 or 8 boxes and tell me what did you get.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »

I couldn't have said it better myself! I gave up farming HEs in IWD. If one pops and I'm close, I'll try. Otherwise, nope. Once I get the boons, I'm back to running DDs to help guildies gear up. The drop rate is too low for me to ever get anything. 4 toons in IWD, farmed daily for over a month.

/done
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    Personally I openened twice 8 boxes in instant and got 1 dragon bone and 2 bracers, and the second time 1 bracer.
    I said that to 2 of my friends, they both opened 7 rewards in instant and both got artifact (and one of them also got bracers + tunic).

Good thinking , I will save all my kills today and open them all on one go then report back tonight .
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Good thinking , I will save all my kills today and open them all on one go then report back tonight .

I wanted to kill 100 dragons and then make a thread with screens and instant opening, but didn't have the time so I opened 64 boxes ... 1 Artifact (rod) :D

This is better to open all on one for surprise (and being sure to get something good) instead of one by one, this is boring.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How do you know when you get a great success? Is the reward type epic? I don't think I've ever seen one, even when I got the blue bow, it still said I got a rare reward.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    How do you know when you get a great success? Is the reward type epic? I don't think I've ever seen one, even when I got the blue bow, it still said I got a rare reward.

The message that pops up on your screen as soon as the dragon dies will say Great success if you qualified ( no idea what you must do to get great success) if you don't qualify you will just get the regular killed the dragon message , even if you get great success you don't get a guaranteed epic drop ,it is still RNG .
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've never managed less than a Great Success and my rewards have all been Rare quality. This is typically the coins (which are ranked Rare) and a green R3/R4 enchant.

Rustlord makes a good point further up the page, although on Preview I often killed a dragon in a smaller party (lower population) and still never got better than a Rare drop.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've never managed less than a Great Success and my rewards have all been Rare quality. This is typically the coins (which are ranked Rare) and a green R3/R4 enchant.

Rustlord makes a good point further up the page, although on Preview I often killed a dragon in a smaller party (lower population) and still never got better than a Rare drop.

I was lucky enough to kill 2 dragons alone on my HR (took a long while yes) as of now. Of course Great Success. I got rank 3 enchant and 5 coins.

I got Great Success in each of my other dragon kills, CW or HR, as both seems to do insane single target DPS. The most I got from it were 2 fashion items. Rest were all 5 coins+enchant.

Needless to say this is yet another mindless grind that a geared player can even do alone, yet you get basically no rewards.

Suggestion: make these things HARD, I mean REALLY HARD. Limit the number of players that can enter the zone. Give great rewards.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just hope I manage to get a Artifact belt before the double RP weekend (if we manage to qualify for it), that would make leveling it so much simpler ....

When is double rp weekend..? And how do we qualify..? I've got a blood crystal just about full...;)

Dragon zerging is a real problem, just now I ran an HE in Ebon and there were so many players I only had time to get off one aimed shot before the dragon died.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Drop rate has to be worse than IWD. I've done these already far more than I did IWD HEs, and in those I got multiple main hands. With this I got a few draconic bracers but not the belt or artifact from like 100 tries.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    When is double rp weekend..? And how do we qualify..? I've got a blood crystal just about full...;)

We have to like and share something on facebook and if we as a community like and share it enough they are giving us a double RP weekend for the whole game. This is it , note - you have to be logged into facebook to see it - https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/seasonofdragons and here is the entire thing with all the community rewards we can get - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6005153-the-next-chapter-in-season-of-dragons
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok, liked it shared it, though my wife wondered why a dragon appeared on her page lol.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »

Thanks for that tip. I opened 20+ and most of them were greater success and got 2 epics.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My opinion is that Cryptic could be honest to the point of discriminating against the odds drop not only in meetings, but all that depends on a specified internally, no matter percentage of 10%, 1% or 0.0001%. This is called transparency and honesty instead of "play" with the typical "nickel hunting" that we see in their lockboxes! Maybe one day ...
  • Options
    myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited August 2014
    Suggestion: make these things HARD, I mean REALLY HARD. Limit the number of players that can enter the zone. Give great rewards.

I agree with that. Now it's just boring and dragon are very easy to kill.

(120 dragons kill - full instance or nearly empty - reward = coins and rank 4 enchantment each time, nothing else)
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I thought the default for any instance of an area was 20 players, that way the only way to have more than 20 was to have some players transfer to the instance manually.

I've noticed that about 10 players were actually killling the Dragon in Neverdeath G while the other 10 were doing lvl 30 questing. Didn't count in other regions yet.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myvain7 wrote: »
    I agree with that. Now it's just boring and dragon are very easy to kill.

(120 dragons kill - full instance or nearly empty - reward = coins and rank 4 enchantment each time, nothing else)

totally agree, my suggestion would still be to limit the amount of debuffs being allowed debuffs "per class" as well and that would increase the overall difficulty of all dragons.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hquadros wrote: »
    totally agree, my suggestion would still be to limit the amount of debuffs being allowed debuffs "per class" as well and that would increase the overall difficulty of all dragons.

Classes should be allowed to perform their roles in a satisfying way. For a CW for example, in this case we are talking about single target DPS and debuffing.

The real issue is the zerg and the dumb AI of the dragons, with limited mechanics.

Limit the number of people to 5 or so (create a special zone for the HE that closes when full).

Make the dragon powerful, and scary. No tank? Dragon wipes you in 3 secs. No healer? Same. No DPS? Dragon gets bored, enrages after 5 min and destroys the party. Make aggro important. I can tank the dragon for example with HR or CW - it's laughable. A wizard should get 1/2 shotted if they get aggro.

After, and if you kill the dragon, you should have a good chance at GREAT loot. Because it is an accomplishment.
  • Options
    myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited August 2014
    I was lucky enough to kill 2 dragons alone on my HR (took a long while yes) as of now. Of course Great Success. I got rank 3 enchant and 5 coins.

Same here, i killed the blue dragon alone. Great Success... and nothing (only coins + enchant)
    I have more than 600 coins now, each time i had great success. There is something wrong.
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want