test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will You Delete One Of Your ALT's To Play Scourge Warlock?

dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So I have no character slots left and I really want to play as a Scourge Warlock. I have two Alt's I don't use (HR and GF) so I been thinking about deleting one of them. I know I can buy character slot, but I don't want to wait several days to get the Zen. Is anyone in the same boat?
Post edited by dustwiper on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dustwiper wrote: »
    So I have no character slots left and I really want to play as a Scourge Warlock. I have two Alt's I don't use (HR and GF) so I been thinking about deleting one of them. I know I can buy character slot, but I don't want to wait several days to get the Zen. Is anyone in the same boat?

If you don't want to pay $5 for an additional slot, don't want to wait 15 days for Zax, and really want to play the SW, then you would have to delete an alt.

Personally I find that silly - I do consider my alts to be worth more than $5 to me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Luckily I got extra character slots at the last sale so I don't need to worry about this.

Two things I would suggest is to make absolutely sure you have transferred (including profession items and any campaign stuff), salvaged or sold everything you possibly can off your character, and secondly to wait a couple of days before deleting your toons unless they are low level. The reason for waiting is that there have been huge changes, especially to the GF, so your original idea of which toon to delete might change after seeing how they now play in Mod 4.

BTW my best guess for the current wait time on the ZAX is 20 DAYS since my last ZEN order took 13 days to fill when the backlog was 9 million and it is now about 13 million ZEN
  • dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They're are both low level. I think the GF was level 8 and the HR level 13, so I have nothing important on them. I mainly use DC and CW.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Put in the zen order on zax a month ago to buy extra character slots.
    edited August 2014
    They're are both low level. I think the GF was level 8 and the HR level 13, so I have nothing important on them. I mainly use DC and CW.

Glad to hear it as in this case it doesn't matter much which one you delete. Personally I would nuke the GF as less time was invested, and put an order for 500 ZEN in the ZAX as soon as you can, so you can get some more character slots later on.

Note that if you transfer 500 ZEN into the game that you have paid real money for, then you should qualify for the First Time Buyers pack, which included some very nice stuff including an extra character slot:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?702081-First-Time-Buyers-Pack-Is-it-still-available
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    uhm... no, I worked on my alts quite for some time and deleting them would make that time wasted (for some time spend in game is wasted anyway but that's up for debate).
    Besides I'm one of thoose lucky people who anticipated new class arrival for some time now and already had additional slots and a little starting boost for SW.
    Also why would anyone want to delete alt even if that's just "leadership farm alt"? 500 zen is like 250k of AD = 11 (only through refining) days to get AD and 2 weeks in ZAX right now
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Delete your GF ist on low lvl cant ivoke cant craft.
    Also the cost of c.slot is 10 euro not 5 euro, the minimum is 1100 zen = 9.99 euro.
    I dont know the rate of dollar/zen or the minimum buy for dollar but i dont belive the cost is 5 dollar =1100 zen.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    Depending on continent of origin, there might be something lower available.

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

PWE's original Payment site, which is STILL used for the ZEN Wallet anyway.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    all of my alts have L20 leadership which means that over time they have bought me a few character slots. More than that really I got a Coal off of one of them who's still wearing green in PE...
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd have deleted the animal GWF I have on my account as it has never been my character. If I had no zen to buy new slots.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [h=2]Will You Delete One Of Your ALT's To Play Scourge Warlock?[/h]

Yes I did.
    I erased my gwf, after putting his belongings into the account bank. I would have preferred to buy zen with my AD instead but Cryptic has de facto removed this option. Despite my gwf being a gwf, and therefore unplayable with the incoming mod4, I felt sad when erasing it. I plan to give my SW the same name and race. The look unfortunately will never be the same, as Cryptic also ruined the visuals of the faces and bodies in their latest version of the char creation feature.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    A char slot is less than a cinema ticket or a beer at a fancy bar, so why would you ever want to delete an alt instead of coughing up the few dollars for this.

And if 5$ are an issue for you, then you should not be playing mmos anyway, but be looking for a job or going to school.
  • sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i got rid of a cw...i had two anyhow :)
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have no issue sinking real money into this game, so I have an extra character slot ready. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Despite my gwf being a gwf, and therefore unplayable with the incoming mod4

So your definition of unplayable is the fact you can no longer roll your face across your keyboard and kill everything without taking barely any damage? skilled GWF will have no problems in module 4 , people who spammed everything the instant it came off cooldown and relied on Roar will , the unskilled GWF's tears are nourishing my soul lmfao.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So your definition of unplayable is the fact you can no longer roll your face across your keyboard and kill everything without taking barely any damage? skilled GWF will have no problems in module 4 , people who spammed everything the instant it came off cooldown and relied on Roar will , the unskilled GWF's tears are nourishing my soul lmfao.

I actually expect to be playing my GWF a bit more. As on my other toons I have become adept at such things as manuever, threat management, and actually stepping out of red occasionally......
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I doubt I'll actually play it for the same reason I don't play any of my alts, but I'll probably delete my third CW and make one for the sake of having one. Renegade Invoker is only L14 and does exactly what her name implies anyway, so it's not exactly a loss. She was made after Mod3 too so it's not even like I'd be deleting a character that looked decent 'cause she's stuck with the ugly Mod3 look lol.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So your definition of unplayable

That's your assumption. But well, unplayable class is unplayable. There are dedicated topics on the subject, with charts, preview tests and so on, the case is closed, no need for you to troll this topic with your lost cause. Clearly if people heve to erase onr of their alts to create the new class, they will erase the gwf.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    If you don't want to pay $5 for an additional slot, don't want to wait 15 days for Zax, and really want to play the SW, then you would have to delete an alt.

Personally I find that silly - I do consider my alts to be worth more than $5 to me.

LOL $5 would be the least of my concerns when maxing out a new character costs about $180 or 9 million AD. Man, talk about poverty!
    edited August 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    LOL $5 would be the least of my concerns when maxing out a new character costs about $180 or 9 million AD. Man, talk about poverty!

Err, maxing out a new character actually costs around 100 million AD when you consider Artifacts, BiS enchantments, etc...

That is closer to $2000.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nope, won't be deleting anything here. I purchased the extra character slots a while back. I think they were on sale? Can't remember now but I had prepared when the warlock was confirmed.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've a throwaway gwf I levelled for the gwf sigil. Question, if I delete him, do I lose a) the unlock for new characters, and/or b) existing gwf sigils on my current characters..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No, I thought ahead and got some zen for character slots about a month ago.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I delete nothing! They do all get cycled through active play, and every one of them has level 20 Leadership besides. I have character slots free, but if I really needed more slots and hadn't caught a sale, I've had coupon drops for characters slots multiple times and would have used one of those. Exchange backlogs are irrelevant when you're not averse to spending money on stuff you want.
    jonkoca wrote: »
    I've a throwaway gwf I levelled for the gwf sigil. Question, if I delete him, do I lose a) the unlock for new characters, and/or b) existing gwf sigils on my current characters..?

Nope.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have 13 open slots, but, I'll probably be deleting one of my recent characters anyway. I only got him to level 5 and I'm not really feeling him now.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There use to be a Fortune Teller in the Sage Shop. He told me there will be many new classes in the future. So I bought many character slots. They were on sale that week and the Zen/AD Xchange was around 350 (Ancient History). :confused:

I think it was a scam!!! :rolleyes:
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »

Yes.
    But might as well also be sure to deposit/transfer all your AD/Gold/gear/resources/assets to your other characters before chucking.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's why you shoul've got the slots in advance or actually buy then zen.
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i have 6 open char slots from promotions and neverwinter packs i haven't used so no need to delete any chars for me :3