test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 8/14 10 AM PDT (Pacific) (Complete)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
AWWWWW YEAH!

It's that time! We'll be performing server maintenance tomorrow 8/14 at 7 AM PDT in preparation for the Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons update. We'll also be performing account server maintenance tomorrow which means the estimated downtime is 3 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch Notes: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6008373-release-notes%3A-08%2F14%2F14

Update Feats Respec (Players that have the following classes will receive a free feat respec: Control Wizard, Hunter Ranger, Guardian and Great Weapon Fighter)

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Looking for something to do during the downtime? We'll be hosting a special Tyranny of Dragons launch livestream at 7 am tomorrow and we'll be giving out awesome prizes like Dragonborn packs. Learn more here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/5006013-neverwinter-tyranny-of-dragons-livestream

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:00 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch Notes Added
Update 2 (8:06 AM PDT) Maintenance is progressing as planned, still looking at the same downtime.
Update 3 (9:00 AM PDT) Maintenance is ongoing. Patch notes have been updated. Also, we are trying to confirm this, but it appears that certain classes will be receiving a free Feat Respec with this update. Stay tuned as we confirm this.
Update 4 (9:50 AM PDT) cross checking a few things, maintenance could be extended by a bit.
Update 5 (10:20 AM PDT) Maintenance has been extended, could be back in the next 10 minutes or so. Will update this thread again in a few minutes. Sorry for the delay everyone.
Update 6 (10:35 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Sorry for the delay, but now M4 is officially live!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Yessssss!!!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    AWWWWW YEAH!

It's that time! We'll be performing server maintenance tomorrow 8/14 at 7 AM PDT in preparation for the Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons update. We'll also be performing account server maintenance tomorrow which means the estimated downtime is 3 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch Notes will be posted as soon as maintenance begins.

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Looking for something to do during the downtime? We'll be hosting a special Tyranny of Dragons launch livestream at 7 am tomorrow and we'll be giving out awesome prizes like Dragonborn packs. Learn more here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/5006013-neverwinter-tyranny-of-dragons-livestream

Thanks,

Dwight

Do we need only "tune in" to the Livestream to be entered into the drawing? Will it be a Q&A type of thing, or more of a presentation we'll be watching?

{{{ Anticipation intensifies }}}
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You must answer these questions, three, mortal!

No, I really have no idea. But I sleep from 8 am to 3 pm since I work overnights so it really sucks I am going to miss this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Do we need only "tune in" to the Livestream to be entered into the drawing? Will it be a Q&A type of thing, or more of a presentation we'll be watching?

{{{ Anticipation intensifies }}}

It's a live stream, he will be streaming something. And more than likely you will have to watch and enter in the chosen code words at the appropriate times during the stream, just like every other stream they do.

To get more of an idea about it, go to www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community and view one of the past streams. You won't be able to see the chat back log, but you might get an idea of what to expect.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    in preparation for the Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons update.
    i thought that was today the 14th
    sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anteon wrote: »
    i thought that was today the 14th

It is. Maint is scheduled to start in less than 2 hours.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I just hope you will do better this time, guys.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    why didnt fix the repeat loot in chest???????????
    Rly whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????????????

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    bottulfbottulf Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You really need to format the Class changes better.... It's now jsut one giant blob, impossible to see where each class is...
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The patch notes are one big mess to read (especially the class changes).
    why didnt fix the repeat loot in chest???????????
    Rly whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????????????

Someone said it was fixed already in module 4, but never checked myself so I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    verbenawitchverbenawitch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Guy on livestream says they know about the chest and are still "working" on it. Whatever that means.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Someone said it was fixed already in module 4, but never checked myself so I don't know for sure.

the module 4 is what would get now.
    the patch notes is say nothing for this fix.

unbelievable.

• Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

unbelievable.

Again, I'm just saying that someone said that it was fixed in module 4 already (there never was a patch note about it even on preview), however, there was also never a bug report about it still existing in module 4 either. So, it probably is fixed.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2014

unbelievable.

Just a big LOL.

Can't equip my new CW, she only gets the same crappy belt in Frozen Heart, the only saving grace is, when i'm able to get something by greed.

Yep, formatting the patch text would help, it looks very messy now.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just said on livestream that Dungeon Delve chests are not fixed yet. (But they are working on it really really really hard and want to be sure that whatever they do to fix it actually works. Or something.)
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got all 3 different full SW t2 armor sets and most of a t1 set on my SW, others got gloves or helm or chest in the various dungeons. Only a few times did the chest not open...but was not locked to the same loot over and over. And the chest opened almost all the time.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Again, I'm just saying that someone said that it was fixed in module 4 already (there never was a patch note about it even on preview), however, there was also never a bug report about it still existing in module 4 either. So, it probably is fixed.

Ok lets see!

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure, but it seems like stuck loot can be triggered to reset, possibly by doing something with a completely different loot table. So if you run the same dungeon over and over, you'll get the same stuff (definition of insanity), but if you ran a dungeon, then ran a different dungeon, and then ran the first one again, you might get different things.

I'm not really sure since I haven't been doing dungeons, but this is how it seems to be playing out with campaign lairs and other susceptible quests.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bottulf wrote: »
    You really need to format the Class changes better.... It's now jsut one giant blob, impossible to see where each class is...
    Never mind the formatting, some of it is just plain wrong. I don't think it includes all the various changes made in the Preview patches.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wowzers , dem patch notes sure are a mess lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    Never mind the formatting, some of it is just plain wrong. I don't think it includes all the various changes made in the Preview patches.

Yeah, I noticed some inconsistencies w/ updates made on preview as well. I guess we have already felt the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! and Mod$ hasn't even gone live yet :/
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Voice in my head says,
    "I have 4 boxes of cookies,
    A full case of energy drinks,
    It's dark in my room,
    And I'm wearing sunglasses."

Another voice from the back of my head says "Let's Roll" :D
  • Options
    vitaliy1717vitaliy1717 Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure, but it seems like stuck loot can be triggered to reset, possibly by doing something with a completely different loot table. So if you run the same dungeon over and over, you'll get the same stuff (definition of insanity), but if you ran a dungeon, then ran a different dungeon, and then ran the first one again, you might get different things.

I'm not really sure since I haven't been doing dungeons, but this is how it seems to be playing out with campaign lairs and other susceptible quests.
    Not right. :(
    OneHalf (15,5 TR)
    Diana (15,4 DC)
    BigHalf (15,5 GF)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    time over and server still down-.-

• Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I will die in agony if I continue reading these notes. I'll just wait for an edit to that formatting.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    time over and server still down-.-

Still 25 minutes to go...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*