test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Armor Enchantments Disappearing Fast??

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
My son, who had not played NW in about 6 months, started playing again last night. I was helping him with enchantments.

When we searched the AH for armor enchantments (without limitations), we could not find any. We tried several times.

Was this just a glitch that sometimes happens? I thought maybe those with the millions of ill-gotten AD might be converting the AD to higher-level enchantments or something . . .

Thoughts?
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What were you searching for and where were you looking for it.

I'm looking at it now and there's dozens and dozens of them, at all ranks.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    My son, who had not played NW in about 6 months, started playing again last night. I was helping him with enchantments.

When we searched the AH for armor enchantments (without limitations), we could not find any. We tried several times.

Was this just a glitch that sometimes happens? I thought maybe those with the millions of ill-gotten AD might be converting the AD to higher-level enchantments or something . . .

Thoughts?

There is a bug in the AH:
    If you try the specify the 'type' of enchantment, you'll get no results.

To work around this, you need to type in specific words from the name of the enchantment, and leave the 'type' set to "any".
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    There is a bug in the AH:
    If you try the specify the 'type' of enchantment, you'll get no results.

To work around this, you need to type in specific words from the name of the enchantment, and leave the 'type' set to "any".

Ahhh. We were selecting "armor enchantment" for Type. It was just so weird getting no results - glad it is a bug!!!

Thanks! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trying to help a guildie find epic bows, we also discovered that "usable by me" is broken, at least for HRs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trying to help a guildie find epic bows, we also discovered that "usable by me" is broken, at least for HRs.
    I've noticed that as well i just use the class selection that works
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I use the dropdown since I shop with whoever has the most money, not whoever the item is for. She was shopping for her HR on her HR and hadn't been able to find anything, because she was only using the tickbox.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited August 2014
    A side question: What are the least expensive lesser armor enchantments these days?

• Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As a new 60, I would always go with lesser soulforged for the rez. It's a needed game-changer until you can get better gear and get really good at surviving with that particular class.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    A side question: What are the least expensive lesser armor enchantments these days?

If your prayer boxes got you a coal ward, then the best thing to do would be to run some dungeons for the shards, and then make your own lesser.

Alternately, it's cheaper to buy 4 shards than to buy most lessers.

If you don't have a coal ward, then you'll have to buy one crafted. It's almost certain cheaper to buy a crafted lesser than to buy the coal ward + the shards.

And, don't worry about what's cheapest. You want Soulforged for your armor. Works wonders for both pve and pvp.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    As a new 60, I would always go with lesser soulforged for the rez. It's a needed game-changer until you can get better gear and get really good at surviving with that particular class.

I like soulforged as well. Barskskin appears to be popular. My son has limited AD so whatever we get needs to be affordable (as much as possible).

• Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Coal wards are the limiting factors. Barkshield is more useful for PvP but Soulforged is universally useful. Generally I fit all my new 60s with at least a lesser SF immediately after ringing the bell.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If you're a PvE player, then you don't really need to look at anything beyond a lesser Soulforged. If you can't afford that yet, then save up for it rather than throwing your AD into something else. Some people do find applications for other armor enchants, but they tend to be really niche-y, and are more efforts to find uses for enchants that are somewhat lacking in performance, more than discovering their unrealized wonders, if that makes sense. They're very imbalanced.

The mercy is that a lesser Soul is fine and you really don't need to plan on upgrading it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personal opinion just save for the lesser soulforged. Even though it's more expensive than some, it's still the best value for the AD.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I run lesser SF on my CW and lesser Barkshield on my HR and TR. Magenubbie already outlined why Barkshield is a good match for the HR and I was finding that my TR didn't die often enough for SF to be worthwhile whereas Barkshield helped some against burst and slowed stealth depletion a little.

Outside of those two you don't see many other armour enchants in use. As said, the rest tend to have niche uses for specific builds.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Ahhh. We were selecting "armor enchantment" for Type. It was just so weird getting no results - glad it is a bug!!!

Thanks! :)
    I dont think it is a bug.. Selecting armor enchantment SLOT is directed towards searching for Armors WITH armor enchantment slot.. not the enchantment itself. The option SHOULD NOT be in the refinement > enchantment tab in the first place
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yeah soulforge. Its actually more useful than a weapon enchant at lesser level. Best of all even a lesser will do the job so no need to upgrade really unless you want to get more of the black smoke effect :p

Barkshield is also nice, but that one needs to be at least a greater for any real noticeable difference.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's