test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soloing a pit fiend in a MMORPG remake of Baldur's Gate.

nighthalasnighthalas Member Posts: 55
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
On the way to the pit fiend there is a duergar compound with a mini-boss duergar commander. A drow blackguard soloes it really quickly.

Drow Blackguard vs Duergar Clan

Before the pit fiend there are 2-3 fights with infernal imps, infernal avengers and hell hounds.

Clearing Path to Pit Fiend

It took almost 15 minutes to solo the Pit Fiend with one of the most powerful character builds in the game. The character almost ran out of all spells during the fight. It took a year of grinding to level up the character and find powerful gear to survive and win the fight.

Battle with Pit Fiend
Post edited by nighthalas on

Comments

• zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have neverwinter nights 2. I am interested in playing this BG remake. How do I go about accessing it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is the forum for it but I have never played it and have no idea how safe it is http://www.bgtscc1.com/forum/
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I played a couple of months in the underdark there (up to lvl 27). Without any DM (the UD is kind of treated like an orphan) you basically have to grind your way up to ~ lvl 25 on your own (or sometimes with a few fellows). Until you you get so low xp that mob grinding is not worth the time anymore and you basically do only the 7 weekly quests. When you play moderately this means you need around 6-12 months to get to level 30 from level 1. And honestly there isnt much else to do than going to that pit fiend.

Apart from that, they disabled a couple of build combinations to prevent people from making powerbuilds. Honestly I dont know why they did it, since you are on your own down there for most of the time anyways and you roleplay many situations instead of fighting.

What I like is the roleplay atmosphere and the story you can give your character, alot better than here, where everyone runs around with a fancy companion or on a weird looking mount. You will also not encounter people with weird names as we have it here (I wish we would have a name policy here as well). What I dont like is that there seems to be no development in the UD since years.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • nighthalasnighthalas Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2014
    If you have Neverwinter Nights 2 and expansions already installed, you can join the MMORPG Baldur's Gate remake very easily by choosing Multiplayer Game and connecting to the game server. When you connect to the Baldur's Gate server, the game will start downloading all the necessary files and patches. It may take a while, though, because the files require 3-4 gb of hard-drive space. However, you can interrupt download process and finish it later. The process works very much like in any MMORPG. You can find the server adress on their forum if you use the link which iambecks1 has provided in his reply. If you don't have NWN 2 + expansions, you can sometimes get it really cheap from some game websites. For example, two months ago Gamersgate was selling it for only 3.99€.

Routine daily gameplay is very similar to most MMORPGs. The server has been running for at least four years now without any character wipes. If you are a casual player, it will take 6-18 months to get one character to maximum level, find good gear for it and accumulate a decent amount of gold.

Underdark could really use more development. For new players it is better to start a surface dwelling character, unless you are a really big fan of playing a drow, duergar, deep gnome or tanarukk character. However, in the past there have been some memorable epic events in the Underdark. Once an army of a powerful alhoon (undead mind flayer) marched against the drow city of Sshamath and we had a group of 12-18 player characters consisting of drow, tanarukk slaves, duergar mercenaries and a few Zhentarim allies from the surface going against the legions of that army and fighting alhoon's generals. For "ordinary" daily gameplay, however, the world on the surface is better and much more developed. The majority of players are on the surface and only a small portion of the community usually plays with Underdark characters. If you get your character to an epic level, get good gear and find other powerful player characters, you can group up and try to get through a nasty maze into the Underdark.

If you want to see a map of the game world on the surface, I recommend taking a look at this map. The game world doesn't actually end at Nashkel as that map shows. It continues even further to the south all the way to Amn. The map also doesn't show some other new places such as Darkhold. You can also compare the map of the MMORPG remake with the map of original Baldur's Gate I to see what similarities or differences there are. The MMORPG remake has open-world environment which consists of 140-170 game maps.

You can also have a look at the map of the Underdark if you want.

If you are curious about the graphics, they are better than in DDO but worse than in Neverwinter. Here is a screenshot which gives you a general idea about the quality of graphics.