Install Arc
Options

What's mount for you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a little fussy. I like my fantasy low so all mounts are horses. I also don't really like 'flashy' (for want of a better term) design of the higher quality mounts. So I currently have 2 characters with Snowswift mounts and 4 with black horses (green mount but upgraded to level 2 in 2 of 4 characters).

Edit:
    tang56 wrote: »
    [*]Blue Ribbon Pig - best animations in the game.
    Agreed. The pig is the one mount I really like to see people riding around on.
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I keep it as I keep it with my real life car.
    It has to get me from A to B in a reasonably fast way and have low costs.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Medium Worg, its cute and not so common as its Heavy Brother
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    RP purposes and how it looks. Fast is okay and all but I often feel like the odd kid when riding around and... oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I fell off a bridge to my death. Speed takes a bit of getting used to. :o:rolleyes:
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    • 110% Pony - because people go "dafuq" when you keep up with their unicorn, etc on a pony.
    • 110% Blue Ribbon Pig - best animations in the game.
    • 110% Fawn - sooo KWWAAAAAAIIIII
    • 110% Cube - It's a Gelatinous cube, need I say more?
    • 110% Shadow Wolf - Best looking wolf mount, imo.
    • Black Ice Warhorse - Asthmatic Thorhorse brah.

Those were my favorite, back when I logged in more than once a week.

Honorable mentions:
    • Polar Bear (all bears really) - the twerk jump animation. Bears > Miley Cyrus
    • Tiger/Leopard/etc - Fast and Furious: Neverwinter Drift, owners of these mounts know what I'm on about.
    • Disc - Because floaty epeen.
    • Nightmare mounts - Multicoloured flamey equines.
    • Feywild White Unicorn - It sh**s rainbows. OUTRAGEOUS.

This had me dying LOL
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2014
    I love them all! But I like specific ones, for specific characters. RP reasons. :) Spider is very cool for a drow, or a rogue. Unicorn for a cleric or elf. For travelling, I will use a 110% mount. But for just walking in town, I like my RP mounts, such as the dappled horse (Winter Festival) for my dwarf. Or a pig for my halfling.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To me, the maps in NWN are not big enough to justify such an expensive purchase. I don't mind taking a bit longer getting somewhere. But when that beholder spawns at the far side of dwarven valley, boy do I wish I had a purple mount.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For me, my mount is a part of my character. Yes, I have a full backstory for my character and my mount is a part of that story. He even has his own name and everything.

Because of this I was unable to vote on this poll. Its not a way for me to show off how rich I am, its a way for me to express myself within what the game allows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since they are so expensive, I make no attempt to own several, I have one account wide and that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since they are so expensive, I make no attempt to own several, I have one account wide and that's good enough for me.

But you would have more if you had enough AD, right? :)
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    I'd like to have more choices about mounts, but a) they only differ in speed and Looks b) you need an 110% mount to avoid beeing force in combat by every 'random encounter', c) most epic mounts are account wide usable and d) reserve mounts take up a precious inventory slot, my toons usually have only two: a fast one for 'work' and to keep up with a party, and a "personaly fitting" one for "fashion" (which I may upgrade someday, when I'm rich).

I'ld love to buy a single, character-bound mount for way less zen, and I would like to have more individuality to my mounts (one being slow, but resilent -< not dropping you into combat so fast; another one even faster than 110%, but with less agility, etc.).

That would be kind of cool actually. Like a boar mount that moves at ... say, 200%, but it can't turn for anything when its going that fast. This basically means that when you try to turn at top speed it'd slowly arc in the direction you want it to turn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Honorable mentions:
    • Tiger/Leopard/etc - Fast and Furious: Neverwinter Drift, owners of these mounts know what I'm on about.

I just want to say that railslides with tiger are my husband's thing, but **** he loves that tiger.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    imvaernarhroimvaernarhro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Doing a character representation of Aoth Fezim from Richard Lee Byer's FR Novels "Brotherhood of the Griffon" required me to find a mount that would best represent how Aoth should look. Also there are no Horse eating Griffons in NW, so I went with the Owlbear, which required a lot of hours of work to finally get.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Reanimated destrier.
    A black warhorse slightly bigger than any horse in the game.Rotten ,vicious,flies fly around it,its head is missing its skin and it spits flies.
    And if you look better blood drops in the floor under the belly of the destrier.
    Just 80% speed but can any mount be cooler? ;)
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2m5bjif.jpg

It's the best one ;)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2m5bjif.jpg

It's the best one ;)

^^^
    +1 It is!