test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

general exchange discussion thread

Comments

• query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    Nope. Astral resonators are basicaly 45k refined AD you can find in a lockbox. No AH trade is involved.

Tahnks for the confirmation, updated. Really was hoping to focus on macro not minutia here but we nerds get caught up in details, so it goes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    The most I've gotten from an Astral Rift using a Resonator from a Planar Idol was 65,000 AD but that was months ago. Usually, I get between 44,000 AD to 48,000 AD. I used to buy a few keys a month with AD and would usually get one or two idols. I never sold them on the AH.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    The most I've gotten from an Astral Rift using a Resonator from a Planar Idol was 65,000 AD but that was months ago. Usually, I get between 44,000 AD to 48,000 AD. I used to buy a few keys a month with AD and would usually get one or two idols. I never sold them on the AH.

I wonder if they stealth buffed it then. I could swear it was 40-50 before. The exchange was lower at the time though.

Edit: "earn upto 50k" from the sharandar ones at the time. How this has changed, ie for all boxes (probably) or just later ones idk.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sharandar
    Link redirects you which is a pain so is kind of hard to read older posts. Kind of frustrating :c
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flambridge wrote: »
    Use Planar Idol makes AD, does not need refining.

An appropriate solution in this line would be "put all lockboxes selling only the WB, eliminating drops."
    Then drops could only happen (at a high rate) for specific events, such as next week.

But the price of the lockbox should be lower than the current one.
    Ya this is correct its like a range too 40k to 50k or something along that line i have used about 5 or so of them they vary in amount, but no refining and you defiantly don't need to buy a lock box, i have a few hundred in my inventory at any given time, so they basically just cost the 120zen for the key. Oh and the Planar Idol is traded to Rhix for the Astral Resonators which when activated show you a path to an Astral Rift in PE were you click and receive your varied amount of AD.
  • zuthuulzuthuul Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Well, I just had a good laugh.

Do you even understand what you've just said? Rough astral diamonds for zen? I would never sell precious zen for rAD, never. I'd just buy items and sell them for AD on AH.
    And also, no, gold is not useless, it's just people accumulating too much plus gold sites are selling it.

You may have misunderstood, or I may not have conveyed my idea well enough. You can still use the regular AD to purchase zen from the exchange, however, when you do the reverse, you get only rough AD, thus limiting the amount of AD gained via the ZAX to 24000. You can still get your hundreds of thousands of AD from selling zen, but it helps to balance the market by making less of it overall.

Like I said before, it's just an idea and at this point, we kind of need anything to help the system.

Dragon Server

Ragnos Fireborn - 18.7k GWF Half-Elf
    Eva Darkblood - 13.8k TR Elf
    Venger Force of Evil - 13.7k CW Tiefling
    Azaghal Belegost - 16.5k GF Dwarf
    Drak'ar - 13.3k HR Drow
    Roghthar Darkspawn - 11.5k SW Human
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please don't discuss or allude to exploits or potential exploits, per RoC. Thanks!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Economy do NOT have a problem ...
    The prices always going up - ALWAYS - never going down.

Why ? the answer is simple : BIND ON (equip, pickup, whatever).
    Example : will 110% mounts be like 3M now if you (yes you) can sell the mount from your abandoned character ? Nope.
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • chromaticwyrmchromaticwyrm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about cryptic just fills all those 498-500 Zen orders, AD gone Zen market flowing. Not every player has obscene amounts of AD so punishing all for AD sellers isn't fair.
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Want to fix this mess? Then stop artificially managing the Zen:AD ratio. 500AD:1Zen means that AD is being artificially controlled to equal about $20/million on the exchange. Let it float, it's natural level is significantly less than half of that; why do we suppose the gold farmers are selling AD at <$5 per million?

Don't think that will work? I'll point you at EvE, where PLEX (purchased currency) has always been free to seek its own ISK (ingame currency) level. No external currency market to speak of. Because it's unprofitable when the currency is free to seek it's genuine ingame value.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    " Gold is worthless."

PPFFTTT!!!

"I need five gold for a mount."
    "I need gold for crafting supplies."
    "I need gold to buy _____ for this event."
    "I need gold for potions and kits."
    "I need gold for trading out my enchants."
    "I need gold to buy a Greater _______."

Gold is not useless. In fact with this past event having loads of gold was useful to buy the professions supplies with.

You can quote me on this - "You never need gold until you really do, and then you REALLY NEED gold."
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited August 2014
    I was really trying to keep exploits out of it as they do not qualify as normative economic factors.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    a number of similar threads were merged.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, I hope this is over quick I really wanted to buy my new char the ioun stone :)

Btw does this happen to everyone ? It seems weird that my account is being checked.

I hate to say it, but you are likely to get more AD for your Zen by buying something like Preservation Wards and selling those at the Auction House. DO NOT BUY until your probationary status is removed, as items will be bound to your account while on probation.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    What other good uses are there for gold anyways?

My personal effort (farming + crafting), plus 1000G and some time in /trade, got me my Doohickey.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
    edited August 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    a number of similar threads were merged.

And all meanignful discussion has been lost in the noise.
    edited August 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    And all meanignful discussion has been lost in the noise.

I'm sure nothing like that was remotely intended... ;)
  • kithkannan1869kithkannan1869 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice IF A COMMUNITY MODERATOR would monitor the game like they do the forums. Maybe exploits would be less and put the game on an even playing fields.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All of the outsource 3rd part astral diamond sellers I've seen are advertising "1 million astral diamonds", for various prices.

Can't there be some kind of cap put on daily AD loads, like the cap that is currently on refining AS's?

Anyone showing a purchase or load of 1,000 -100,000 - 400,000 AD's, OK any amount over a preset limit loaded, transfered or whatever in a 24 hour period and the account is locked until the source of their AD's can be determined.

I've been playing Neverwinter for months and I can't begin to tell anyone how frustrating it is to learn I cannot use the exchange to trade for ZEN and the only option I have is to use real money to purchase items I need to play without getting repeatedly killed or paying an astronomical amount of AD for the same thing.

Whatever their "fix" is I hope it works and people, normal players, can get back to the business of doing business on the astral diamond exchange.
    DD~
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dionchi wrote: »
    Can't there be some kind of cap put on daily AD loads, like the cap that is currently on refining AS's?

They would just start to sell you Resonators/Idols.
    edited August 2014
    All of the outsource 3rd part astral diamond sellers I've seen are advertising "1 million astral diamonds", for various prices.

Anyone showing a purchase or load of 1,000 -100,000 - 400,000 AD's, OK any amount over a preset limit loaded, transfered or whatever in a 24 hour period and the account is locked until the source of their AD's can be determined.

I've been playing Neverwinter for months and I can't begin to tell anyone how frustrating it is to learn I cannot use the exchange to trade for ZEN and the only option I have is to use real money to purchase items I need to play without getting repeatedly killed or paying an astronomical amount of AD for the same thing.

Whatever their "fix" is I hope it works and people, normal players, can get back to the business of doing business on the astral diamond exchange.

The only reason you can't use the exchange to buy Zen with your AD is that the ratio is locked instead of being allowed to float and determine a true ingame value. The 3rd party sites only highlight the disparity between the $20/Million AD ratio PW has locked in and what it would actually be (far, far less) if the currencies were allowed to seek their own level against each other. That results in people looking at the locked in ratio and deciding not to spend $20 for a million AD.

Need Zen-things? Offer some non-insulting amount of AD for someone to go spend their Zen and buy it for you...see how that works. :)
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice IF A COMMUNITY MODERATOR would monitor the game like they do the forums. Maybe exploits would be less and put the game on an even playing fields.

You...do realize that forum mods are volunteers and have no ingame power, right? Even if we saw something happening, the best we could do is pass it up the chain and we'd still have to wait on action.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    The only reason you can't use the exchange to buy Zen with your AD is that the ratio is locked instead of being allowed to float and determine a true ingame value.
    People can still use he ZAX to get Zen. They just have to be patient.

Allowing the ZEN:AD ratio to float freely would put buying ZEN with AD out of the reach of the average F2P player.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited August 2014
    People can still use he ZAX to get Zen. They just have to be patient.

Allowing the ZEN:AD ratio to float freely would put buying ZEN with AD out of the reach of the average F2P player.

So, all those "average" F2P players who were buying 110z Blueprints for anywhere from 110-150k AD? Those average F2P players? The longer the game goes on, the fewer new players enter the game...the fewer new players who enter the game means the fewer players who are crazy enough to accept a 1:500 ratio when buying zenitems and selling them for AD is a far smarter way to get a far better return on their $.
  • kithkannan1869kithkannan1869 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Then pass it along.
    Neverwinter needs ingame monitors.
    Exploits ruin the gameplay for everyone else. It seems like the players who play by the rules get nothing but the exploiters get everything with NO repercussions. ( 4-7 day ban is not a deterrent )
  • ocorruptedertaioocorruptedertaio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It sounds to me like they are looking for something very specific. If someone buys zen, uses it to get AD from someone else on the market, then reverses the payment claiming it was not intended (a common ebay type scam) then the person who sold their AD to them for the zen loses that zen and does not get their AD back because it is seized from the account perpetrating the fraud. The probation period sounds like it is in place to cover the grace period when it would be possible to reverse payment.

Most people don't look at it in the right way, but there are soooo many ways it is possible to try to defraud companies who allow currency exchanges of this type in a game.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jintortle wrote: »
    "until we can verify the validity of their real money payments."

I really think if money is put in weekly like crixus8000 say's that he does - then they must know if it is real money or not.

Prepaid cards are the bomb! You don't get special savings on Zen, but they are easy to buy in a variety of retail stores (in the USA at least) and you can make the purchase without other family members knowing about it. :D

End the pain - buy your prepaid cardd today!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited August 2014

Ummm making 100-400k AD is what I call 'Friday morning' Not exploiting just playing the markets and professions.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Ummm making 100-400k AD is what I call 'Friday morning' Not exploiting just playing the markets and professions.

If you make AD that fast then nice :) for me 100-400k AD is what I call a few months worth of stress lol
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Prepaid cards are the bomb! You don't get special savings on Zen, but they are easy to buy in a variety of retail stores (in the USA at least) and you can make the purchase without other family members knowing about it. :D

End the pain - buy your prepaid cardd today!
    Having been hacked on another site, I use prepaid cards for most of my purchases. It also helps me keep on a budget $20 at a time.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone that has ever played an MMO with PvP should expect nerfs from time to time. That's just the way things are.