test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why not have an augment slot and a summoned companion slot?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I think this is the next logical step for Cryptic to make some profit and also add a little fun element by freeing people up to use companions. A lot of people will be interested in buying more companions

You guys already introduced artifacts for this same reason and now you are introducing legendary weapons and belt.
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No the companion ai is horrible and pulls mobs you typically don't want to fight. No companion is better than an active companion.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They already gave us active companion bonuses so they could make money, because everyone realized the only summoned companion you need is an augment.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    There is such a thing as overkill. I can't imagine the horror of OPvP with 20k GS opponents wielding a 9k augment pet AND a cockatrice.
    The 20k GS is hard enough to beat as it is. And for PvE.. well we don't really need the extra power do we?

Oh please, this is clearly the direction they are going into.

Isn't that what people said about artifacts? Artifacts are more powerful than companions

What about elixirs? You realize how much more stats you gain when fully potted up? Who cares about the cockatrice dealing minimal damage to you
    aulduron wrote: »
    They already gave us active companion bonuses so they could make money, because everyone realized the only summoned companion you need is an augment.

Hence my suggestion for them to make more money
    charononus wrote: »
    No the companion ai is horrible and pulls mobs you typically don't want to fight. No companion is better than an active companion.

Perhaps retool the AI to not attack unless the mobs deal damage to you
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Perhaps retool the AI to not attack unless the mobs deal damage to you

And the ones that are ranged and sometimes decide to back up across a room? The ai would have to be into the T800 range before it would be a good idea.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No. Dont need anything else than that. No.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to see battle companion running around actually being useful but it seems it's never going to happen, even with p.bondings in their slots.
    They just run near the adds pulling the aggro you don't need, fall into the pits, deal zero damage and got some..."troubles" with stats. By troubles I mean there heavy diminishing returns on them plus some stats work different for each companion.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    There is such a thing as overkill. I can't imagine the horror of OPvP with 20k GS opponents wielding a 9k augment pet AND a cockatrice.
    The 20k GS is hard enough to beat as it is. And for PvE.. well we don't really need the extra power do we?

Keep the cockatrice slotted for the active bonus, but summon a dire wolf. That's going to give your opponents a much harder time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe an augment slot where you have to put in a stone, capped stats and no equipment only runestones, meanwhile you can have your other active companions which would bring more diversity to the game and the players would be using much more interesting companions, however, their AI is clearly a problem.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People might think im crazy.

But i think augments stones was the worst idea for this game.

Sure the companion AI is stupid, but with so many of them with different abilities and roles, it feels like such a waste that we never use them. It would add a whole new layer/flavor to the game if we was able to bring out a non-augment pet.

All those lovely skins and work cryptic do to make them, going straight down the drain :(

They could balance the OPs suggestion but having an augment slot, and you only benefit half of stats (only choice you have)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Even without a stone, I wouldn't bring a non augment pet into a dungeon.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree that Augments should have been left out of the game, but we're stuck with them now.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    People might think im crazy.

But i think augments stones was the worst idea for this game.

Sure the companion AI is stupid, but with so many of them with different abilities and roles, it feels like such a waste that we never use them. It would add a whole new layer/flavor to the game if we was able to bring out a non-augment pet.

All those lovely skins and work cryptic do to make them, going straight down the drain :(

They could balance the OPs suggestion but having an augment slot, and you only benefit half of stats (only choice you have)
    The problem is that even if augments never existed the work would still be wasted as the ai is that bad. Now I know that I'm very critical of ai's in all mmo's but honestly this one is one of the worst. That said even if it was one of the better ones you still would be better off not using them because all ai is horrible.