test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last bid on Ah, time went to zero so when I go to mail to get items it shows outbid?

dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
I don't know if this is a bug or not and I have no idea where to post it.

For the last 4 days I have been bidding on a Gemmed Exquisite shirt and pants for my cw. I was the highest bid for days and also today. I got on gateway and in game to watch it. I watched it go past the 1 min 40 second mark that it will never let me bid past in game and all the way down to zero. I changed tabs every so often and it showed me as the winning bid all the way until the items actually disappeared from the Ah. So I go to get my items in game out of the mail and it says I'm outbid and my money is in the mail. What is going on? How did someone outbid me when the time was gone? It sure won't let me bid past that point and it never once showed any other bid. I'm tired of never being able to successfully bid on items in game. Half the time the AH simply will NOT let me even bid on items the last day. It NEVER lets me bid past the 1 min 40 second mark both in game and in the gateway. I have a screenshot showing me as the winning bidder which was taken seconds before the items disappeared from the ah. I would like to know how this is possible and what can be done about it. If it's a bug or problem then I want the items I bid on. I spent 4 days doing this including 3 hours today just sitting and watching that bid. Very unhappy about this.

[IMG][/img]dz6tly.png
Post edited by dragosani84 on

Comments

• dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited July 2014
    I would like some clarity on how the ah actually works. I talked to people in game and they said someone probably sniped it at the last minute. I can get that but how the heck does someone outbid me when the freaking time is gone? It went to zero, it still shows me winning. 30 seconds after the end of auction it still shows me winning. All the way until items disappeared from the ah it shows me as winning. It will NOT let me bid once timer is past zero so how did someone get away with this?
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited July 2014
    Okay I read about the anti sniping feature and how the bidding will actually extend if someone makes a last minute bid. If this is the case then it sure as heck NEVER showed me a thing. It never showed another bid, it never showed the time increase, it never showed anything except for me - a legitimate bidder being the winning bidder...until I mysteriously didn't win that is. I'm tired of botters taking advantage of this feature. Either shut down gateway bidding or improve the ah so that it actually shows other bidders at the last minute. It's not fair to extend the time for snipers and botters yet never show genuine bidders this has happened. Not once did it show me as being outbid. So if someone bid at th elast second then it should have given me an opportunity to bid on the item because of the anti sniping feature yet this never happened. Someone is exploiting this system and I freaking want the items that I honestly and legitimately bid on!!!
  • jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay I read about the anti sniping feature and how the bidding will actually extend if someone makes a last minute bid. If this is the case then it sure as heck NEVER showed me a thing. It never showed another bid, it never showed the time increase, it never showed anything except for me - a legitimate bidder being the winning bidder...until I mysteriously didn't win that is. I'm tired of botters taking advantage of this feature. Either shut down gateway bidding or improve the ah so that it actually shows other bidders at the last minute. It's not fair to extend the time for snipers and botters yet never show genuine bidders this has happened. Not once did it show me as being outbid. So if someone bid at th elast second then it should have given me an opportunity to bid on the item because of the anti sniping feature yet this never happened. Someone is exploiting this system and I freaking want the items that I honestly and legitimately bid on!!!

I don't have an answer to this problem but I'd like to help. I am sorry that this happened to you. Pm me in game Aro@jabsolum and I'll sort you out.
  • dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014

That's happened to me a lot of times. I've waited until there is no more time left and have been winning but always end up losing out to someone else. I assume someone has a way around this and somehow automatically tops the bid if it shows they have been outbid. Now if I want something I pay the full price or I go without.
  • gulxgilamarthgulxgilamarth Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dhkyino wrote: »
    That's happened to me a lot of times. I've waited until there is no more time left and have been winning but always end up losing out to someone else.

Same here, many many times. At this point it's more of a matter of luck rather than bidding.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is the wrong bug section...there is a different forums for live bugs...this is preview bugs.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gateway allows you to bid to the last second, but even so, I get outbid after the item expires on gateway very regularly, which leads me to believe, that some folks run some sort of script/bot to do this
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some people have reported winning auctions that expired but still showed up under their bids and in AH searches. Sometimes hours later, their goods were delivered, at which time the items stopped showing up on the AH as well.

Screenshots posted by the OP indicate this might have been what was happening. All their posts were made within a very short time frame and then there was no follow-up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia