test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Angel of Protection

aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
My GWF got his the other day, and my CW will get his tomorrow. My question is: is it worth binding for the active?

It looks cool, and is kind of a status symbol, but once I get it leveled, it is unlikely to ever see the light of day. Tooltips in this game don't tend to be very descriptive. Could someone tell me, in their own words, how it works. I don't get rezzed very often. Does a soulforged proc make it proc? Anything you could tell me will help. I'd hate to bind a million AD companion just to make it idle.
Post edited by aulduron on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you are not sure I would suggest selling it on the AH then buying a new one in a couple of months time as prices have been continuously falling.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It works nicely with Soulforged and Pheora active bonus .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    as prices have been continuously falling.

I wouldn't say that, it's been pretty stable at 1m ad for quite a while and I've seen it just just less before. Not sure many people feel it's worth selling for less. However if you want the AD, you probably wouldn't miss the bonus. Not tried it for it's bonus but the healing is pretty awesome.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that, it's been pretty stable at 1m ad for quite a while and I've seen it just just less before. Not sure many people feel it's worth selling for less. However if you want the AD, you probably wouldn't miss the bonus. Not tried it for it's bonus but the healing is pretty awesome.

Actually you are right as it seems to have gone up to over a million AD since I last checked a couple of weeks ago.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Actually you are right as it seems to have gone up to over a million AD since I last checked a couple of weeks ago.

If anything, the supplies will probably dwindle a bit from here, as we're about to be a year out from peak population, and it tails off after that.
  • alienwulfalienwulf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I find it helps my HR stay alive more than any other companion I have. I am lvl 60 grinding for my black ice bracer's and with her I live with out I get killed a lot. Got her spec with little power rest to heal. Then again the AD would be nice.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My existing characters don't need healing but if I start a new one, they might.
  • ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dont waste an epic companion on an alt before you go 60lvl and see how it works.You may get bored with him for example.I made a cw and got him an ioun stone but i found him less interesting than my TR and now he stays inactive with an ioun stone.lol
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It does save my *** literally a lot in Icewind dale.

*Hint: put the angel in the Inventory on your character - upload the character to the preview server and equip it there and see how you like it.

It is my favourite - buy a "BEll" to rez it though because it does attract agro and if it is dead you loose the benefits.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you solo AT ALL the Angel will be your best friend, especially with the Level 30 power it has. Also great for CTA since pulling agro isn't an issue since they all come for you any way. The pet equip bonus is great with Soulforge and the Pheora as some one else has said. I tend to solo a lot and this is the only pet I ever use when I do, I only use my stone in Dungeon Crawls where agro is an issue, I much prefer the Angel. I have one on all 6 of my main characters and am 25 days out from a 7th that I plan to give to my Warlock.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My GWF put his up for sale. My CW got his today and I think I'll keep it in his inventory for a while.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think it would have been more of a "status symbol" if it could not be sold. Now anyone can buy one, even newer players. :(
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I used mine for my GF, helps a lot when soloing or if I join a group with no DC. She's still bugged though she's suppose to reduce damage by 5% but the buff icon says 3%. Its been noted since people first got the companion but still not fixed. I'm sure it will be addressed in 2017.

It should also be noted that she is a way better healing companion then Lillend.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I won one in a trivia contest three weeks ago, and attached it to my 60 GWF. I have not used a healing potion since. During the CTA she was healing me literally every five seconds or so. I'll earn my first in four days and will immediately attach it to my TR for the same reasons.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I think it would have been more of a "status symbol" if it could not be sold. Now anyone can buy one, even newer players. :(

Not with the AH spending cap...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just sold my fourth.

Some people think they're the bee's knees, but when I use a battle companion I want something more in the line of a protector.

Between life steal and regen, I have zippo use for healing companions. On the rare occasion of needing to down a healing potion, or multiple potions, I rejoice that the overflow has been reduced somewhat. Then I pick up another half dozen.

I guess they're probably great if you play in a fashion where you need external heals. Feel free to pay me one MILLION astral diamonds when I get another.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feel free to pay me one MILLION astral diamonds when I get another.

Seriously: You're selling yourself short.
    edited July 2014
    Just sold my fourth.

Some people think they're the bee's knees, but when I use a battle companion I want something more in the line of a protector.

Between life steal and regen, I have zippo use for healing companions. On the rare occasion of needing to down a healing potion, or multiple potions, I rejoice that the overflow has been reduced somewhat. Then I pick up another half dozen.

I guess they're probably great if you play in a fashion where you need external heals. Feel free to pay me one MILLION astral diamonds when I get another.

I think they are the bee's knees. :) Although my TR really doesn't need a lot of heals . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited July 2014
    Seriously: You're selling yourself short.

The first ones I got sold for more, but if I continued to price at what you consider it to be worth, nobody would buy it. Blame the market. It's not like I decided this all by myself.

I'll probably end up keeping one eventually.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited July 2014
    The first ones I got sold for more, but if I continued to price at what you consider it to be worth, nobody would buy it. Blame the market. It's not like I decided this all by myself.

I'll probably end up keeping one eventually.

Good grief! Sounds like you have some sort of Angel of Protection assembly line . . . You got 20+ beta-era toons? :)

edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Good grief! Sounds like you have some sort of Angel of Protection assembly line . . . You got 20+ beta-era toons? :)

Noooo... just 9.... (actually 2 of those were created immediately following Mod 1).

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited July 2014
    Noooo... just 9.... (actually 2 of those were created immediately following Mod 1).

LOL! Ok. Your comments just sounded so nonchalant to me, like you had so many of them coming . . . :)