test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current PvP system

2»

Comments

• refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I used to be rubbish as well. I am not brilliant now, but better than I was. I particularly love it when I time my dodges just right so the TR misses me. Otherwise, I am stunned, then dead. But there is that guaranteed critical thing they do - but it has a slow jumping up and landing animation, so as soon as I see them jump, I dodge and hit them with a Daunting Light with my Battle Dwarf and have a go at killing them 1 on 1, or lay down a blue Astral Shield with my Healer Tiefling and hope for some support.

But a good TR (the shadow-skulking swines as they are!) will stun you BEFORE doing the guaranteed critical thing.

Actually, I was level 60 myself before I realised how the points rack up from the nodes. We beat them in combat loads of times; we topped the leader board. But we lost the match. I just did not get it. This was maybe 3 months ago.

After discussing it here, I finally understood about holding Points. So I started riding round the back if the scores were too even, just to backcap. I very rarely stole the node, but sometimes stopped them scoring long enough for us to win as a team, and forced two of them to leave combat to come and kill me, which they promptly did.

Last night, we were getting trounced. AC, GF, GWF, CW and TR. We just could not shift then off 2. I never saw the GWF. He was hiding on enemy Node. So I went to join him to see what he thought he was playing at. He hid behind a pillar, and as soon as the enemy left after reclaiming their Point, he would sprint out, recapture the point, then run back and hide behind the pillar. That's all he did. Never hit a thing. He had a 12k GS as well. All Purple Gear.

I PM'd him that maybe he should have been a Thief, as them his team would not die for want of his sword arm.

He got top score on our team as well. Our CW was second, then me, TR and GF. But we were 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th on the Scoreboard.

?!?!?

GWF - 0 Kills, 0 Deaths, Top Scorer on our team, 6th on Leaderboard, Team Lost by 700 points.

What the HELL was that all about?

He must have come to a Forum and read "Back-capping is essential".

~
    edited July 2014
    I told you you will get angry with me just because I say things as they are.

What a bizarre thing to say. What makes you think me being right and you being wrong about my low GS PuG matches would make me angry? And what is it about the liberal pepperings of :), ;) and :D that suggests to you I am angry about anything?

Don't you have a Flat Earth Creationist video you should be posting on to prove the Earth does not rotate, is orbited by the Sun, is only 6,000 years old and that dinosaurs walked with Man but were all drowned by the Flood?

If you think you have devised a better method of fighting than the PvP guilds...
    ... Can you beat them and prove your strategy is better?

Ah, the Edward Woodward sacrifice scene from "Whickerman" - by the sheer, monstrously voluminous size of your straw man, you clearly DO have a Flat Earth video on YouTube.

Against an 18k PvP Guild, I'd have no chance at all, whatever I do. But between 2 and 6 AM GMT, it is usually Polish, Turkish and other European low GS PuGs. You can tell the Poles and Turks (apart from "Pomóż!" and "Yardim Edin!") as they gallop everywhere in unison, take a point, then the next, then the next, losing them all as soon as they leave, so they constantly have one point and the other team has two. Then they all get killed. Maybe they are trying to relive the Battle of Legnica or Kosedag?

But between two teams like this, Capture, Hold and Defend as a cohesive unit works. Which is clearly what I was talking about before you chipped in to redirect the conversation to completely different types of PvP teams.

By the way. PvP is about winning. You should play to win, not to squeeze more games in an hour or do it as a side-activity to your PvE farm. People with your mindset destroy pug games for us PvPers.

Again, your reply has utterly no relevance to my posts at all. I do not think you even read them. I always play to win, which is what my posts are all about; how to win. No need to take it personally or get butt hurt just because my Neverwinter experience has more enjoyment, more variety and is more multi-dimensional than yours.

What is the point again of making a PvP match last 45 minutes when you can win in 15 and get the same Glory and Seals, then go get some enchants as well?

You seem to think you are a bit of a Celebrity around here, son.

I've never heard of you.

But I am sure the next enemy that crushes me into the dust will be you! :)

~
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I used to be rubbish as well. I am not brilliant now, but better than I was. I particularly love it when I time my dodges just right so the TR misses me. Otherwise, I am stunned, then dead. But there is that guaranteed critical thing they do - but it has a slow jumping up and landing animation, so as soon as I see them jump, I dodge and hit them with a Daunting Light with my Battle Dwarf and have a go at killing them 1 on 1

That actually made me laugh, because it shows the quality of enemies you fight. No offense, Sir, but maybe you should keep learning more how to pvp until you can lecture veterans who have played hundreds or even thousands of matches against the toughest enemies this game has to offer.
    Your general aproach on this is promising and I like it that ur willing to think about strategy. So pls stop making a fool out of urself.

And btw. stop that latent bragging about ur historical knowledge. I have a degree in philosophy and political science, but this is a NWO forum, so no one cares about such things ;)
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

You seem to think you are a bit of a Celebrity around here, son.

I've never heard of you.

But I am sure the next enemy that crushes me into the dust will be you! :)

~

Big sigh man, big sigh. What else if not personal attacks show that you are uncomfortable with your position and cannot bring arguments to sustain it, resorting to "son" kind of stuff.

It's all you newbies can do, and when people politely show you that you are wrong, instead of saying "thank you I was blind', you prefer to keep on your opinions (which were proven wrong) and ad hominem.

Talking with you people it's always such a bad idea. Consider yourself the one that won the argument OK?

I suppose in the end you are correct, the only way to really show how wrong you are is to find you in a game and stuck my perma on your point for so long you will grow beards. I bet you would send your whole team to take me out as well lol.
    edited July 2014
    That actually made me laugh, because it shows the quality of enemies you fight.

If you read my posts, they are all about PuG matches where we win or could have won if my team had some idea about strategy, fighting as a team and defending nodes.

None of them are about 18k Guild matches. I never survive more than 3 seconds against that sort of skill/gear level, so strategy and tactics are completely moot.

Well, irrelevant, actually.

And any comment from me about strategy in those matches would be meaningless, as no one lives long enough to test any strategy, which is why I have made no comment about those sorts of matches.

Yet, still, "Flow, My Butt Hurt, the Policeman Said".

My Tiefling Healer AC's GS is about 13k, Grim Faithful, Rank 8 Terror, Rank 8 Barkshield.

My Dwarf Battle Cleric DO's GS about 15.6k, Profound Righteous, Rank 10 Plague Fire, Rank 8 Soulforged.

I only resurrected my Tiefling as the Dwarf had 70k AD to refine. So I took her to Dread Ring and Sharandar to get some Boons.

Now, she has 70k AD to refine, so I'll be using the Dwarf a bit more for a few days.

~