Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140721a.3

Comments

• Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug

Items from HE Charthrxis i.e the Blue Dragon bone Long Bow dropped for me and when I clicked accept vanished from my inventory,
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    Can't zoom in during Character Creation after using Race Reroll. (No Biggy)

Won't let me keep the feats I chose after changes to Renegade wizard and human race. Keeps resetting.

I changed race on my SW and had both of these things happen as well.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    vankorn9vankorn9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]The Lair of Lostmauth Epic Dungeon now has the appropriate level and difficulty of enemies instead of being the same as the Normal version.

Hmm wird thing i don't fell any change. Still way to easy.
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Panderus, when are we going to see the change to creeping frost and warped magics? They were supposed to be increased to 100% and 170% weapon damage respectively. It's why I went out of oppressor and into thaum since some of the damage was being give back to us. This change was stated weeks ago, but still has not been patched in?
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    Can't zoom in during Character Creation after using Race Reroll.

This and then get hung up on "Retrieving list of characters" then I get disconnected and nothing is saved. Tried it on a tiefling CW to sun elf.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    This and then get hung up on "Retrieving list of characters" then I get disconnected and nothing is saved. Tried it on a tiefling CW to sun elf.

If you are experiencing issues respeccing a CW it is known ,it is due to them rearranging the feats -
    Wizards might experience some issues with Respeccing at this time. This has to do with the rearranging of the tree. If you cannot correctly perform a full or partial respec you may have to copy over a new version of the character. If this still does not work you will have to wait until we finish investigating fully.

Maybe try to do a basic respec first then log out and then try to do the full race respec?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »

Items and Economy
    • Professions: The Profession Levels to increase assets to Rare and Epic qualities has increased for all professions.

I think you mean decreased. I was really confused what this note meant but when I was puttering around on GatewayTest, I noticed that for example, you can make a Grandmaster crafting dude at rank 4. On live, it's rank 18 to do this.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hnbl10hnbl10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You're adding Warlock's quests, thats awesome.

But.

What about Hunter Ranger specific quest line ? There isn't even a single unique mission for that class. Will we get any ranger's quests in future ?
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    If you are experiencing issues respeccing a CW it is known ,it is due to them rearranging the feats -

Maybe try to do a basic respec first then log out and then try to do the full race respec?

Ok, that worked, I reset my character then logged out and tried the race change. I misunderstood the previous posts, I thought people were able to race change with CW but unable to pick feats.

Also.. why is drow not listed under the sub title of elf?
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Also.. why is drow not listed under the sub title of elf?

Drow believe they are the superior race and all the other elves should be subtitles of them. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Trickster Rogue's walk animation is still bugged, and the stop from running is still a weird knee-jerking thing that looks like an artifact of a botched animation. :/
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    kingjosephikingjosephi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    BUG
    After reroll my gwf to human and choose the feat devastating critical, the critical severity wasn't added to my stats, the damage remain as it was when hitting with a critical.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Reroll no work!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jayrad8 wrote: »
    Bug: Reroll Does Not Preserve Original Appearance

I just completed a reroll of my character, and my original appearance was not preserved. I also had to change my name in order for it to work.

I made the character before the M3 appearance update and the appearance change portion of the reroll forces me to take one of the new appearances. Please allow us to by-pass the appearance change portion entirely if choosing the same race.

If the capability to do all of these changes is present in one token, it would be great to split these changes into multiple tokens. We have name and appearance change services already, which the reroll token does in addition to race and ability score change.

Why not offer one token as 'reroll token' to change only your ability score and then another as 'race change token' to bundle the change of race, appearance, name, and ability score?

I think that even if we are choosing a different race we should be able to keep our old appearance, I would love to keep my CWs current hairstyle after rerolling him but unfortunatly it was removed with the changes in mod 3 T_T
  • Options
    wolfarisenwolfarisen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hnbl10 wrote: »
    You're adding Warlock's quests, thats awesome.

But.

What about Hunter Ranger specific quest line ? There isn't even a single unique mission for that class. Will we get any ranger's quests in future ?

I'm with this guy ^
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes,
    I am the ghost, that hides in the night.
  • Options
    glorygemmglorygemm Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus

Tell me something, how is possible that 2 HR are able to skill each one 2 Rain of Arrows so that in party we have 4 Rain of Arrows active at the same time.

The same thing happens also with Split the Sky.

Is this normal or bug??

Just to know... ;)
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    glorygemm wrote: »
    @ Panderus

Tell me something, how is possible that 2 HR are able to skill each one 2 Rain of Arrows so that in party we have 4 Rain of Arrows active at the same time.

The same thing happens also with Split the Sky.

Is this normal or bug??

Just to know... ;)

Royal Guard set and a decent crit chance with the feat "prime critical" will do that. If things go well you can stack 3 encounter powers, however the HR feat tree is being tinkered with.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus / GC

General question at the new Boon System

Has some one made a mistake withe values ?

Sharadar values all 250 w/a
    Dreadring values all 250 w/a

TOD values all at 200? Should they not fall in line with previous boons and be 250 also ?
  • Options
    victorwaynevictorwayne Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus / GC

TOD values all at 200? Should they not fall in line with previous boons and be 250 also ?

ToD has more stat boons to make up for that. I don't think it's a mistake.
  • Options
    sv3t1anasv3t1ana Banned Users Posts: 69
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I think there is enough stat boosting in this expansion already....

A little too much TBH...power gaming anyone ?
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus / GC

that is because u can start the campaign at lvl 30, so i think it's t1 in a way ...
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Character sheet has bug, it's showing armor penetration resistance under PvP (which was long time ago removed), also stats appear only as natural numbers.

cc_nw_pr.jpg
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bazgc wrote: »
    Royal Guard set and a decent crit chance with the feat "prime critical" will do that. If things go well you can stack 3 encounter powers, however the HR feat tree is being tinkered with.

Tested on Preview. You can still do that as an Archer with Royal Guard Armor. Two is common, three you can do if you get lucky.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I keep hearing that SW is completely OP when doing epic dungeons - how true is this?
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited July 2014
    azeryk1 wrote: »
    I keep hearing that SW is completely OP when doing epic dungeons - how true is this?

SW was planned to be one of the best MONO-TARGET DPS, he is,

But he also has BETTER Encounters Powers Base Damages than GWF, who should be the best AoE DPS.

Just in that we see there's a problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus

for the next patch and before TOD goes live please change IWD Drop rates

146 runs in IWD and no main hand weapon dropped, and when i do get my first purple item it gives me a CW robe ?

Please for the love of god get rid of this useless RNG this may be a F2P game but this is hell trying to get items

please dont use this system in TOD

Allready Screwed up with keys no more please

Edit 154 runs..... Yeah Very nice
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok so I just tried patching my preview to the current version and it keeps getting Error 2: File not found and then keeps restarting the patch. Tried a force verify and after about 52k out of 77k files checked it gave the same error and went back to the loop. Anyone else getting this issue?
  • Options
    deathfish01deathfish01 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    same here Error 2: File not found, I did an complete re-install of the preview and it is still happening
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus

for the next patch and before TOD goes live please change IWD Drop rates

146 runs in IWD and no main hand weapon dropped, and when i do get my first purple item it gives me a CW robe ?

Please for the love of god get rid of this useless RNG this may be a F2P game but this is hell trying to get items

please dont use this system in TOD

Allready Screwed up with keys no more please

Edit 154 runs..... Yeah Very nice

so much this i feel like something went wrong when you guys lowered the drops and made tanking and healing account for more sure that is nice in theory but alot of posts and people well into the 100's of encounters have seen nothing to show for it

and if they do get an epic drop it may be for a diffrent class

could we at least get a option that if you have 100 of each type of encounter that the gauntlets and mainhand will be in the shop with the rest of the armor

or remove other classes items from the loottable and make the drops more class specific

or hey how about just changing them to BOE so players can sell them on the AH instead of salvaging them you dont want to know how many gauntlets i and many other players have salvaged from other classes.

something needs to be done this is a game and is suppose to be fun not a second job

i truly hope you take this and all the negative feedback on how these actually work into account with mod 4 and possibly rework this. i do know most of you devs check the feedback forum please go through and look at how many threads there are on this problem.
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    same here Error 2: File not found, I did an complete re-install of the preview and it is still happening

Is it stopping at 54-69 MB left for you too?
This discussion has been closed.