Options

Please disable the leaderboard!

124»

Comments

• Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Seriously the OP has a point...
    As much as I want to ignore the leaderboard score.. it really as has a significant impact on how i play the PvP.. unlike last time where I 100% happily die for victory.. Now, I have the "I gotta survive too" mentality creeped in.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    Seriously the OP has a point...
    As much as I want to ignore the leaderboard score.. it really as has a significant impact on how i play the PvP.. unlike last time where I 100% happily die for victory.. Now, I have the "I gotta survive too" mentality creeped in.

Agreed, scrap the leaderboard, nobody even has the slightest clue how exactly it ranks us anyway... I play premades with my guild and they're all high up on the leaderboard, we beat another premade and they all drop a few pages, makes sense... NOT

It has changed how people play PVP and not for the better, (same with the PVP campaign but at least that has a purpose and sense of progression and direction).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi!

Leader board should go to oblivion forever! I am a big combatant against leader board since it's arrival, everybody with a little common sense could have seen, that it would turn players to worse.

Human ego can't bare a leader board, it brings out only the worst in people and the innocent, who can't compete with money or behavior, (cheating, exploiting, bots and so on...) will lose.

One of my fellow hungarians, an admiral said it very wisely: "If i sit down with a card sharper, i am bound to lose." I think this sums it all up.

Just two examples, how ruined this system is.

Firstly, when i hit level cap i got into PVP to collect glory for my artifact. I had about 10 matches and a positive scale. Now i looked, where i stand and to my surprise on last, yes entirely last spot. LOL Now people above me, who never played a single game. Ok one could argue, they didn't lose, but i say, they didn't win either and if they never competed in a PVP match, how come, they are on the ranking. Confused, but what is top of the cake, how could someone, who hasn't played got assists? Interesting again.

If i see such a thing, i have to think, shall i cry or laugh about this piece of patchwork.

Secondly, a leader board should reflect my qualities too, not my teams only. I had today my record with 39 kills and 1 death and because my team was utterly bad, we lost and so did i and with every day my ranking is sliding down the drain. Sure i don't play this, because of ranking anymore, but still it hurts.

Some who advocate the ranking are saying, feedback for the devs. LOL from what, from a few people, who have no skills and run around like chickens without a head or about cheating or about campfire warmers, about leechers, who do nothing, just rush for the last hit, to get a kill, but hide all day or about perverted people, like i had a guy today in a few matches, who told us, he is only playing to make parties lose, so he can be happy or about complete misplaced guys, who were doing professions while the match was going to fail and i could go on and tell my stories for hours or write a book about how many odd people i have met, who don't belong to ranked PVP. Let them have a playground, but their performance shouldn't ruin mine.

LOL, like we would say Diego Maradona was a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> soccer player, just because he got in a team of 10 unskilled or useless rookies.

The campaign should stay tho, it gives some nice freebies, like the artifact, but this should be only visible to the respective player, not to others.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    you are getting things mixed up ... leaderboard is a good thing, matchmaking is not and that needs to be improved!
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, they can't be actually separated in all aspects!

Matchmaking is zero, but sadly leader board too, it has changed the way people play only in a negative manner. Now they don't attack, fear for their precious virtual life, they jump out even if there is a chance to win, only cause they don't see a 100% chance and so on...

What would you say about that i, with my lower GS char rolled over a 21,5 K GS guy, who is normally a premade, but was now separated from his precious group and alone was a big zero. How would you rank that, how would you rank a good player, who is amongst bad players and loses cause of them, only cause he has to play PUG matches, where most players only come for daily AD and the few like me, who take it seriously, we have to suffer and i could go on.

Only place where a decent leader board can be made is amongst equally high geared premades, but then only amongst them!

Does it show such things, that i for example sacrifice myself with my GF many times to compensate for the bad players and turn the tide from lost match to a won match, nope.

It doesn't reflect anything from the match, only a few numbers, which are utterly broken.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    a solo ladder will solve all your problems, while premades should have a different one! This is what successful games are doing...

Also there should be a kick option with party vote and the one that gets kicked should receive a rating penalty..
  • Options
    arcticmedicarcticmedic Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2014
    I support the argument that the general leader board should just go. It makes no sense. I have to look back to my days playing WoW and acknowledge they did arena rankings right. You had to create a team, lets say for 5 vs 5, then add your members (I think you could add up to 8 or something so you had some alternates in case all players weren't on at the same time. You Q'd for arena and wait for the next 5 vs 5 match up. It was pretty much "last man standing" wins for the team. Your team got a ranking on the boards, and based on your ranking, you achieved some sort of points or currency that you could turn in for arena specific gear (pvp gear that was better than what you could acquire through normal PvP. After a couple of months, the season ended, you got your last bit of goodies, then rinse and repeat. I also seem to remember that for regular PvP, you could not Q up as a team. You could sorta get passed that by timing your Q's in the hopes of ending up in the normal PvP with your buddies, but in this game, you can easily be challenging your friends instead of being on the same team (obviously in WoW), it was horde vs alliance so that could never happen).

In the end, a leader board means something...players get to have true bragging rights....you get something that other people can't who don't play in arena tournaments, and it was a hell of a lot of fun. For regular players who don't tourney, it would be impossible to come up against a full pre-made.