test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FYI I believe all enhancement drops seemed to have been affected.

lrdthorrenlrdthorren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
FYI I believe all enhancement drops seemed to have been affected. Not just BI enhancements

Reasons I believe this is true, did not a single enhancement from the Quickling Den, Arcane Coffer in Dread ring when opened was empty, and I have open several chests and skill nodes and there were no enhancements in them. I just now slotted my Lesser Fey Blessings and will see what difference this makes.
Post edited by lrdthorren on

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    that would not be good..
    not good at all.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did a few minor HEs during the IWD dailies, and twice got 35 BI with nothing else. Not 25 ride-through credit, actual fight through credit, but without an item. Yeesh.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lrdthorren wrote: »
    FYI I believe all enhancement drops seemed to have been affected. Not just BI enhancements

Reasons I believe this is true, did not a single enhancement from the Quickling Den, Arcane Coffer in Dread ring when opened was empty, and I have open several chests and skill nodes and there were no enhancements in them. I just now slotted my Lesser Fey Blessings and will see what difference this makes.

I noticed the same thing. I spent a couple hours right after the patch farming Dread Ring and Sharandar for enchants. I did get a peridot from the coffer, but I opened quite a number of skill nodes and chests and got very few enchants, a far lower number than I am accustomed to. Many skill nodes dropped zero enchants.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wolfzzzz wrote: »
    I noticed the same thing. I spent a couple hours right after the patch farming Dread Ring and Sharandar for enchants. I did get a peridot from the coffer, but I opened quite a number of skill nodes and chests and got very few enchants, a far lower number than I am accustomed to. Many skill nodes dropped zero enchants.

If they really did nerf them, then wow. They were already rubbish when they made rank 3s drop from them.
  • Options
    wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    If they really did nerf them, then wow. They were already rubbish when they made rank 3s drop from them.
    Indeed. Either this is a mistake resulting from the IWD enchant drop nerf being bugged, or they really want refining to be expensive.
  • Options
    lrdthorrenlrdthorren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just did more testing.

Fey Dark Intrusion with Lesser Fey Blessings slotted.

3 Rank 4 enhancements.
    No rank 3's.
    No enhancements from the chest at the end.

Tested Gnarl Root with Lesser Fey Blessing slotted:
    9 Rank 3 enhancements, these only came out of the chest and skill nodes.
    8 Rank 4 enhancements, these came off mobs and a few out of nodes and chests.

Tested Gnarl Root with no Lesser Fey Blessing slotted:
    2 Rank 4, 4 Rank 3 out out of skill nodes none out of chest
    1 Rank 4 off mobs

There is something definitely going on as I only got 1 rank 4 off the mobs, compared to when running a Lesser Fey Blessing, those of you that have Gnarl Root know that before this patch you got many more enhancements off the mobs than I am seeing now.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can tell which enchants are FB generated (they appear directly at your feet immediately after a kill; ie: they don't go 'loot boom').
    You should notate which were FB generated.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    To be honest doesn't matter of the count, the fact only 1 Rank 4 dropped off the mobs with out Lesser Fey Blessing slotted tells a lot.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The kit nodes and DR chests still contain enchantments, but they do not get displayed in the loot window, although they go to the bag.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lrdthorren wrote: »
    To be honest doesn't matter of the count, the fact only 1 Rank 4 dropped off the mobs with out Lesser Fey Blessing slotted tells a lot.

Ok , ran my HR through dailies (only 60 atm who needs them)

Sharandar 3 quest lines and Cela daily 3 r4s dropped.
    Dread Ring , just did dread spire, 2 r3s from arcane, wasnt visable (also got that bug in GG off a Artifact chest)
    NO refine stones AT all in the regular dread chest, nothing today.
    IWD in DV, 1 r4 BI enchant off 3 minor hes.. that I all participated in, no other drops doing my daily 3 quests.

So in total 4 r4s dropped for doing ALL 3 of the dailies I would normally do.

Typically it would be double this.

Of course, its one day of testing, but the biggest insult is the HES, now there is ZERO reason to do any hes , none , zip , nada after reaching your rep.

Go to a node to mine black ice apparently. You get 200 of each of those, or 35 and nothing else to do a minor he.

Cryptic please follow up on this, is this WAI?

It seems to harsh, if this is the case, can you also lower all artifact/enchant refine requirements?
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Happened to me yesterday as well. Window popped up - no item shown. Nada, zip, zilch.

Phantasmal Fortress.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I'm glad it's not just me. Normally dungeons, dailies, skirmishes and the like produce a ton of enchants which, while fiddly, are a steady source of RP to route in the direction of whichever character is currently upgrading something. Right now, I am struggling to scrape together enough RP from drops to upgrade a single R7, for goodness sake.

Doing the (awful, boring, slow) CTA yielded around three enchants at r1 or 2 per run. Doing a Spellplague yielded so few that I didn't win any of them. Nothing seems to be giving much in the way of enchants to burn for RP right now.

I think a lot of people want to know if this is a massively ill-conceived ubernerf or just a massively unfortunate side effect of poorly-tested patch. It has certainly given me pause in my plans to drop another chunk on the game to get me ready for fitting out a brand new warlock.

Of course, it could be both.. a massive nerf, that still isn't WAI. Interesting times.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did DR dailies last night - arcane coffer was empty in both DS and PS. The chests, which usually have a bag of goodies that automatically opens at the same time, showed that they had nothing. However, in my bag i found the bag, opened it, and it had the usual loot. I was unable to find any loot from the arcane coffer in my bag (I just had removed all enchants, so I know they didn't go into an existing stack).
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . I moved the thread to bug reports. If you'd like the subject title changed, please either reply here with what you want it to be or PM any moderator. Thanks!

Mods:
    ambisinisterr ; lewstelamon01 ; melodywhr ; zebular

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    At the risk of slightly irking Kelemvor, do we have confirmation that this is actually a bug, and not just a massive, crippling ninja nerf, yet? I know zeb has tidied the posts into the bugs forum, but as the past has shown, many things are hidden from his sight :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I know zeb has tidied the posts into the bugs forum, but as the past has shown, many things are hidden from his sight :)
    Once Mystra rises to full power, the Realms will quiver at what and when my eyes can see!

kattefjaes wrote: »
    At the risk of slightly irking Kelemvor, do we have confirmation that this is actually a bug, and not just a massive, crippling ninja nerf, yet?
    But yes, this is a wide-spread bug, affecting many different lootable containers, seemingly sporadically. The issue is actually that there is loot in them, just the loot is going into your inventory and not showing in the loot window.

As for Fey Blessing and Tymora enchantments, they seem to be working fine. I've not seen any drop in the rate at which these drop for me on all my 60's, which each have between 2% to 3% Fey and 1% to 2.5% Tymora.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not really talking about the lootable containers, more the insane reduction in enchant drops in general. I am used to getting a steady trickle of them from dungeons, questing and divers other activities. Heck, the only thing in favour of this recent (extremely dull and slow) CTA was the prospect of a bag full of usefully consumable RP. However, the drops have dried up to the point of being almost homeopathic.

Being stubborn, I was trying to upgrade some enchants on one of my less played characters without recourse to the auction house. Even getting enough RP to upgrade a rank 7 (a trivial goal) proved to be a painful and protracted exercise. It looks like the attempts to dial back the back ice enchant drops as per the patch notes has adversely affected the rest of the game. This is the bit that I'm concerned about, and wonder if it has been acknowledged as an issue yet.

(Container displayers were also broken in the last couple of patches, too, but they sometimes showed duplicate loot instead, just to keep you guessing!)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    While I don't have empirical data to back this up, it does "feel" as if the drop rate on all enchants has been affected. DR and Shar don't give nearly as much as they used to and DD runs are a lot less as well.

$.02
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The last few days or so, I have found empty Professions Nodes and even some chests while doing Sharandar Dailies and the occasional one you can do every few days. I checked my Inventory each time and nothing was flagged as "new", so I did not get any Enchants or Gear from them.

~

PS

I have noticed intermittent problems with some chests (not Boss Chests) and nodes since Orc Assault, Cragmire Crypt and Storm the Keep. Sometimes, you cannot take anything but it disappears from the chest and does not go into your inventory. Or only some of it goes into inventory and the rest remains, but you cannot always open it again.

So I started double clicking on each item to make sure I get it and then the chest/node would close once empty. Now, I cannot do that if the chest/node appears empty to start with.

Also, when multiple players huddle round to open a chest, you sometimes cannot get anything, or only part of the haul, but you can open it again. Sometimes, the stuff is the same, other times different, other times it is the part of the haul you did not get the first time. Sometimes, it is as if you are seeing into another person's loot from the chest, so you cannot take it but can if you open it again. Other times, same thing happens but you can't open it again.

Other times, chests open and close immediately. They are still sparkly as if they contain a reward, but you cannot open them. Other times, a chest you looted on one run is not lootable on another run. Sometimes, you get a "Cannot perform that interaction at this time" message, which is fine, as it means there is an enemy or some combat going on within some radius. But other times, chests and nodes are simply unlootable.

I have not noticed the final Boss Chest to be affected like this in a Dungeon Delve. In fact, double clicking on the items does not work and you must click ACCEPT, or whatever it says, in order to empty the chest. If inventory is full, it goes into a temporary overflow bag.

But there has definitely been some bug or glitch or other with chests and nodes for some time. This "Empty Window" bug is just a new one on me I only saw recently in Sharandar.

~