test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

High Prophet and High Vizier Armor set bonuses

nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
These 2 armor sets are and remain simply the best choice for any mid-endgame Cleric and Wizard because their bonus effectively increases party damage by 30% each.

In order to make other armor sets competitive and to stop making PvE content so trivial, I would strongly recommend reducing the bonus such that each High Prophet Stack shreds 3% defense (down from 10%) and High Vizier no longer stacks up to 3 times -> 1 stack of 250 defense only.

This would go a long way towards making PvE content less trivial, other armor sets viable and reduce reliance on "must have" class builds in a party.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    pls, can you not?
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Just make it not stack. No actual need to change the amounts.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about making the new gear an actual upgrade, like a lesser version of these abilities. If they are good, keep em, don't nerf them.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »

How about they just delete all the characters and instead make us play pac man.

Seriously. I'm on the fence about not playing anymore after the CW devastation. Ruin the 2 decent sets in the game and they might as well just shut it down.
  • Options
    susp3ktsusp3kt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes....please....nerf the DC even more!

You must be joking....
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, Cryptic went overboard with their initial T2 4-pieces. I think you can make a point that any of the original classes (GF, DC, TR, GWF, CW) is best equipped with a T2 set for PVE. If builds utilize newer sets, then to min/max using two 2-piece bonuses.

They got smarter with the HR and made M1/M2 sets viable for them, mainly because of toned down 4-pieces on T2.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Alternatively they could, you know, make the other sets worth considering? I mean seriously, there are a good deal of armour sets that i'd probably prefer to go 2/2 than a full set since the 4 set bonus isn't compelling.
  • Options
    cindiklecindikle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2014
    susp3kt wrote: »
    Yes....please....nerf the DC even more!

You must be joking....

They're due for a buff. It is known. And it is in the works. Hopefully it wont take till Mod 5 to see it.

And please don't act like DC's are weak. They are the 2nd most requested class in groups that don't vastly outgear the content. GWF's come into play when they can bring top tier dps while tanking. Once that happens is when groups stop asking for DC's.

DC's are not weak. The content is the problem. They do lack build choices through. Which probably has partly to do with the fact that they have a dumb amount of damage abilities for a support class.

Hopefully these 14k GS dungeons will help this problem. And they don't take half a year to bring out something new before everyone has 1.5xGS of the current content.
    frishter wrote: »
    Alternatively they could, you know, make the other sets worth considering? I mean seriously, there are a good deal of armour sets that i'd probably prefer to go 2/2 than a full set since the 4 set bonus isn't compelling.

Better than a flat 30% damage boost? That sound even worse.

We could be in mod 20 and that set bonus would still be #1 unless they retraced it into another set or made one with a higher %. And remember. This only takes up 4 slots. It's not like all of your equipment will be outdated. Just 4 pieces. Even if you would suffer a damage loss. The 30% you'd give yourself form this set bonus would cover it as long as you can keep it up.

I do understand what you mean. A lot of sets out there are some trash bonuses or are far to restricted by internal cooldowns.
    But I fear the set that is worth considering next to a 30% groupwide damage bonus does not sound very balanced. And neither is HP/HV.
  • Options
    skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cindikle wrote: »
    They're due for a buff. It is known. And it is in the works. Hopefully it wont take till Mod 5 to see it.

Problem with the above statement, in regards to DCs, is that Player definition of Buff is completely different than the Devs view of it.

DCs luck, with the upcoming "buffs" that are supposedly coming, DCs will have more armor penetration stat gear and have their healing completely taken away. <--- no joke this could happen *sarcasm...or is it?*

Hell the new mod5 armor for DCs still has armor penetration as a stat, after the majority of the DCs on the forum have asked, pleaded, and maybe even begged for that stat to be done with on DC gear.

Give us a better armor with appropriate stats, as other classes have!
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hell the new mod5 armor for DCs still has armor penetration as a stat, after the majority of the DCs on the forum have asked, pleaded, and maybe even begged for that stat to be done with on DC gear.

They changed it for recovery.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why is it, that when players have a good thing that benefits the entire party, some players want to make it go away. It makes no sense. When you ask for nerfs is it because if they happen you take pleasure in others unhappiness? This is the only explanation I can come up with for this kind of behavior. Just stop it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Why is it, that when players have a good thing that benefits the entire party, some players want to make it go away. It makes no sense. When you ask for nerfs is it because if they happen you take pleasure in others unhappiness? This is the only explanation I can come up with for this kind of behavior. Just stop it.

Ah yes. Actually devs like to apply nerfs because they're sadists that like to drink kids's tears and see players going away from their game.

I think the devs should add some sets that increase the damage of all your party by 50% for all classes, and everyone will be happy killing bosses with one encounter combo.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    These 2 armor sets are and remain simply the best choice for any mid-endgame Cleric and Wizard because their bonus effectively increases party damage by 30% each.

In order to make other armor sets competitive and to stop making PvE content so trivial, I would strongly recommend reducing the bonus such that each High Prophet Stack shreds 3% defense (down from 10%) and High Vizier no longer stacks up to 3 times -> 1 stack of 250 defense only.

This would go a long way towards making PvE content less trivial, other armor sets viable and reduce reliance on "must have" class builds in a party.
    Just a question, have anyone pointed a gun at ur head?? is anyone forcing u to use hv/hp sets? why dont u just use the others sets u are talking about? just use ur head, it's not just for using hats u know.
  • Options
    manco111manco111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Ah yes. Actually devs like to apply nerfs because they're sadists that like to drink kids's tears and see players going away from their game.

He was talking about the OP, not the devs.

And based on what I've seen the OP post in the feedback threads for the new module, I'm pretty convinced he's just a very sly troll.
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Some set may be underpowered, but at least for CW most set need more an adjust play from player than nerfing. Actually i'm playing with a pvp t2 opressor feat and with my play i often overperform CW with vezir set and higher GS and that even by choose some gift to reduce some aoe damage trade for single target damage to get a mix. VZir set may take armor from mob but mob do not have infinite armor and when armor drop to 0 you canno't had anymore damage from vezir set. Actually vezir set give good result because 1 armor neutra do not work properly with some spell. second it permit player to not have a good neutra armor value so you can have point somewhere else and third you do not have to use spell plague or terror enchant. With v4 seems that armor neutra will be corrected so after is your choice for set if you want low armor penetration you can get high vezir set and use the armor shot from it.
    So depending of enchant + lvl off armor penetration you are using you can easely goes with an other set
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    Some set may be underpowered, but at least for CW most set need more an adjust play from player than nerfing. Actually i'm playing with a pvp t2 opressor feat and with my play i often overperform CW with vezir set and higher GS and that even by choose some gift to reduce some aoe damage trade for single target damage to get a mix. VZir set may take armor from mob but mob do not have infinite armor and when armor drop to 0 you canno't had anymore damage from vezir set. Actually vezir set give good result because 1 armor neutra do not work properly with some spell. second it permit player to not have a good neutra armor value so you can have point somewhere else and third you do not have to use spell plague or terror enchant. With v4 seems that armor neutra will be corrected so after is your choice for set if you want low armor penetration you can get high vezir set and use the armor shot from it.
    So depending of enchant + lvl off armor penetration you are using you can easely goes with an other set

you don't understand how HV, HP, Terror anf plague fire work
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    susp3ktsusp3kt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cindikle wrote: »

And please don't act like DC's are weak. They are the 2nd most requested class in groups that don't vastly outgear the content. GWF's come into play when they can bring top tier dps while tanking. Once that happens is when groups stop asking for DC's.

DC's are not weak. The content is the problem. They do lack build choices through. Which probably has partly to do with the fact that they have a dumb amount of damage abilities for a support class.

By all means, I don't think or suggest that DC's are weak. I have 2....1 AC build for PVP and DO for PVE. My DO is an INT build for faster casting. I have given up thinking that I will do any sigificant damage (ever) and focus on being able to quickly/constantly buff/debuff my team. And I am completely OK with that. I use the HP set strictly and run CN without any problem all the time. I have no problem running single/solo content, though it obviously takes longer than on my CW.

But, in agreement with the majority of other posts...I am tired of new DC sets coming out with Arm Pen and Life Steal stats! It's just silly!! The dev's should embrace how DC's have to played to be helpful/useful in a party setting and give us some other options.

I don't care about my GS......if I did, I would run my MH set or any of the other 4 sets I have in my inventory. What I care about is using a set that actually helps me help the group complete content! The reality is, for good or bad, the amount of healing a DC can do with a high GS group is just supplemental to what they receive from their own LS. So, give me a set that helps me buff/debuff better than a set that's been out for 2 modules.....or I will continue to always run HP in PVE.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    Just a question, have anyone pointed a gun at ur head?? is anyone forcing u to use hv/hp sets? why dont u just use the others sets u are talking about? just use ur head, it's not just for using hats u know.

When I went on /lfg to try a pug on DK someone actually asked me by PM if I had HV.

The current bonuses of these sets are not in the "bonus" tier, it's even better than some enfeeblement encounter powers. By seeing the other sets you notice that they're supposed to be just a plus, and it's totally the opposite with HV and HP.
    manco111 wrote: »
    And based on what I've seen the OP post in the feedback threads for the new module, I'm pretty convinced he's just a very sly troll.

Just because he has a bad reputation it doesn't mean his argument is bad.

Anyway, the thing is that the classes should rely on their powers and builds, not on the 4-part bonuses of their sets; the way it is right now is just silly. DCs without this set simply have way less utility, and the HV bonus is much better than any other CW set bonus.

The importance of these sets are so high that if you nerf one of them right now, you'll have to increase the performance of the class itself. And this is exactly what I suggest to do, since about 3/4 of the competitive players of these classes play with these sets.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    you don't understand how HV, HP, Terror anf plague fire work

thanks, can you enlighten me then because as far as i understand all things it seems to work as i descript below but maybe i'm wrong

HV set as far as i understand shot defense value : defense value give a % of damage resist that cumulate with armor % resist + eventually some gift or feat and give total damage resist. also the higher point you goes une defense value, the lower each extra point will give for damage absorption. here as far as i understand defense can not goes under 0 but maybe i'm wrong same for damage absorption seems it canno't goes under 0. the ignore feat resist ignore part of the resist of oponen

terror enchant work same as HV set and shot also defense value
    plague shot damage resist (same for the ignore resist).

And finally exist one last effect (don't know the english name sorry but it the one that you get with the debuf ray or the last power of thauma way). this one directly increase damage.

So well can you correct the point(s) were i mistake

regards
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    thanks, can you enlighten me then

If an enemy has 10 debuffs of -20% defense, all damage against that enemy will be increased by 200%.

There was a bug with High Vizier before where you could get 50+ stacks of the debuff in one enemy; the damage increase continues regardless of defense value.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If an enemy has 10 debuffs of -20% defense, all damage against that enemy will be increased by 200%.

There was a bug with High Vizier before where you could get 50+ stacks of the debuff in one enemy; the damage increase continues regardless of defense value.

ok so seems to be an uncaped value then + it seems to work same as mitigation

By the way can you then explain me what the difference between defense, neutra and mitigation because then + it seems to work same as mitigation as you are describe it
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Problem with the above statement, in regards to DCs, is that Player definition of Buff is completely different than the Devs view of it.

DCs luck, with the upcoming "buffs" that are supposedly coming, DCs will have more armor penetration stat gear and have their healing completely taken away. <--- no joke this could happen *sarcasm...or is it?*

Give us a better armor with appropriate stats, as other classes have!

This is the #1 thing I miss from SWTOR. Their way of gearing is by far the best I've seen in an MMO.

If you don't know. Each piece of gear has slots. An chest piece for example would have an Armoring, Modification and an Enhancement. No matter what armor you were wearing. These 3 things made up the stats. This also made it doubled as how you would change your appearance without requiring different stats. The only down side is that a lot of the BiS pieces came from the same item for every class. So you'd have no one wanting to roll on Gloves and everyone rolling on Boots. Which also forced you to pull the slotted item you wanted out of a different armor to put in your new armor. Instead of just getting the mod you wanted. Even with that hassle. It is still easily the best gearing system I've seen.

Goes further into other problems the Devs are creating with their armors. Everyone's so high on their soft caps from most items that you may as well just make T3 gives a total of 3k to everything and put the rest of the points into power/defense. It's becoming pointless to stack anything else. I'd say Mod5 will require a level increase to reset these soft caps.

Because some people want to see balance in the game. Instead of one all-powerful set that will be BiS no mater how undergeared it makes them. This is a problem in a lot of set bonuses. A lot are either too strong or too weak. This is also often because of poor internal cooldowns.
    candinho2 wrote: »

Yes, people are being forced to use it. If you're taking a CW to CN are you taking the one that increases everyone's damage by 30% or the one that deals 5% more damage than the other CW? Oh wait. The other CW gets the 30% bonus too. This is a problem we're having with class balance too. Why take anything but a CW or GWF for damage? Balance is very important.
    thanks, can you enlighten me then because as far as i understand all things it seems to work as i descript below but maybe i'm wrong

HV set as far as i understand shot defense value : defense value give a % of damage resist that cumulate with armor % resist + eventually some gift or feat and give total damage resist. also the higher point you goes une defense value, the lower each extra point will give for damage absorption. here as far as i understand defense can not goes under 0 but maybe i'm wrong same for damage absorption seems it canno't goes under 0. the ignore feat resist ignore part of the resist of oponen

terror enchant work same as HV set and shot also defense value
    plague shot damage resist (same for the ignore resist).

And finally exist one last effect (don't know the english name sorry but it the one that you get with the debuf ray or the last power of thauma way). this one directly increase damage.

So well can you correct the point(s) were i mistake

regards

In short. If it's not Armor Pen. It actually increases the damage the target takes instead of reducing it's defenses.

NW has a lot of really bad tooltips and does not do a very good job clarifying almost anything. The fact a 30% damage boost get though internal testing makes me wonder if Cryptic doesn't even understand these sets. If it was 30% armor pen I could see it being considered balanced compared to other sets of their tear. It would mean the whole group would need zero armor pen in their stats. Not that it's easy to get rid of it.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes....please....nerf the CW even more!

You must be joking....by the way the CW was forgotten until the new trailer of the M4. ridiculous
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ok so seems to be an uncaped value then + it seems to work same as mitigation

By the way can you then explain me what the difference between defense, neutra and mitigation because then + it seems to work same as mitigation as you are describe it

In monsters, defense decrease = mitigation decrease.

I don't know what is the mitigation value decreased when the defense decrease is made with a numeric value though (e.g. 450 defense instead of 10%).
    hquadros wrote: »
    Yes....please....nerf the CW even more!

High Vizier is so mandatory for a CW that nerfing it means you're nerfing the class. In my opinion this is wrong and should be changed.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    High Vizier is so mandatory for a CW that nerfing it means you're nerfing the class. In my opinion this is wrong and should be changed.

this overall sums up all of the problems with these sets.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In monsters, defense decrease = mitigation decrease.

I don't know what is the mitigation value decreased when the defense decrease is made with a numeric value though (e.g. 450 defense instead of 10%).

That's why you bring other sets up. You don't throw a hissy fit and punch the guy sitting next to you. That's what the pro-nerf everything crowd does.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem is that you cannot improve any future sets to be better than either High Prophet or High Vizier.

You can give imaginary new sets +1000 power per piece and people will still want someone to use HP/HV instead because it is a 30% damage buff for you and everyone else in the party.

The only way they could make a more desirable set, is to make one which grants even more damage to the entire party, which would be a horrible idea.

It is because these 2 sets are too powerful, that noone in the endgame would really consider using something different 99% of the time.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That's why you bring other sets up. You don't throw a hissy fit and punch the guy sitting next to you. That's what the pro-nerf everything crowd does.

This game has enough power creep. We overpower the content so much it's disappointing. Nerfs are needed before buffs in this case. I can at least agree 4pc bonuses are overall very bad. My HR has a set that grants a 20% chance on critical strike to make my next encounter deal an extra 1700 damage. You may think that sounds fine. But wait, there's more. It has a 1min internal CD. Not only is there a timer between activation. It's activation requirements are quite bad that anyone actually at the gear level of T2 probably wouldn't even see the ICD often.

Heck. Undoubtedly CW's are being balanced around this set right now. If it was nerfed they'd probably need a buff. That's how bad this set is for the health of the game. The class would likely NEED a buff to compensate it.

And if the idea of all the sets being equal is fine to you as well. Then why not nerf this one to their level? They'd still be equal.
    We're not asking for CW nerfs. We're asking for one armor set to not be so dominating. And you can't just make other sets equal it's power. If you really don't understand this go look up power creep.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    With the complaints about the new Empire armor set bonuses being too weak compared to existing sets, this discussion remains very relevant, because it simply isn't possible to make any set bonus that is better