Install Arc
Options

Event Preview- Call to Arms Gate Crashers

1235»

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I usually do the CTA just for fun a few times, and I only do it more times if I like something in the store, like dyes or weapon transmutes.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Agreed to everyone, add it to the medallion store!

1k should = pet.

its not like any of these pets are game breaking, I mean how many do you see after the event is over?

But if people want them , they should be able to get them.

But for jimminy crickets, we are like 3 weeks to mod 4 AND how many people have had no chance at BI gloves/main hand? TOO many and now that there is ZERO reason to do any HEs after the enchant nerf, the zone will slowly fade down, they will have to make most of the HEs soloble eventually, just like other games content that wasnt designed properly, but instead of fixing it, they will just move on.

For crying out load Cryptic, these things are not purple pets, most of us have enough giveaway events now to get 3-4 free pets from the start, these are just for fun.. YOU know the things you should be doing for the player-base to keep them here.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    last year CTA was decent for rewards, and now, this year, we got little right amount of runes dropped, not less, or excessive.
    but no pets not dropping within 5-20 runs will become very sour and players get angry with devs.
    players dont like running 100th times and not getting a pet or curio, so they seek other game that will give better entertainments and quality time.

devs, you better start listening to players, or some CTA will be ghost towns when players will be avoiding that carrots, No more baits!!!
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did 10 runs and i received the companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How I 'participate' in CTA events:

1. Do a few runs for the dye packs during skirmish hour. Stop.
    2. Spend 200k and buy the companion off the AH.
    3. Feel eventful and happy having not wasted an entire weekend of my life.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Funny got the pet on the first try guess I was lucky.
  • Options
    matricaria111matricaria111 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Закончился ивент,оставив очень неприятные впечатления и ряд вопросов.
    1.Непонятный подбор пати. https://yadi.sk/d/Lh_VLuSAX5Y3m
    2.Дамаг мобов. https://yadi.sk/d/yvApD815X5Y6t
    3.Награды ивента.Получено только 27 сундуков по 100 знаков стоимостью каждый.Итого 27х100=2700 знаков.Среднее значение знаков за 1 заход 12 шт.
    Итого заходов 2700/12=225.Какой шанс в % на пета в ивенте? https://yadi.sk/d/Nbg-Tg3lX5Y8a
    4.Что это? https://yadi.sk/d/2ehnkH7qX5YAC

Event ended, leaving a very unpleasant experience and a number of issues.
    1.Party. https://yadi.sk/d/Lh_VLuSAX5Y3m
    2.Damage. https://yadi.sk/d/yvApD815X5Y6t
    3.Event. 27 chests cost 100. 27х100 = 2700.Arithmetic mean marks for 1 set 12.
    Total visits 2700/12 = 225. What % chance to pet a Event? https://yadi.sk/d/Nbg-Tg3lX5Y8a
    4.What is it? https://yadi.sk/d/2ehnkH7qX5YAC
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    I will be playing til I get that companion, or my brain falls out... and grows legs.

My brain fell out :(
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ran about 3-4 times on 2 characters, it was ok. Didn't get anything useful but I don't care. NW should have these CTA more often so I can go through the skirmishes that I missed while leveling.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ran about 3-4 times on 2 characters, it was ok. Didn't get anything useful but I don't care. NW should have these CTA more often so I can go through the skirmishes that I missed while leveling.

I honestly believe that is the main reason for these CTAs, the awards are just boons.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Worst CTA ever and I've done them all - so much fail across the board, way to long, wait times between waves was insane, drop rate was non existent for the companion and the rest of the drops were utter and I do mean absolute, utter garbage not even worth picking up (green's and ranks 1 & 2's). I won't even bother doing the next or any future CTA unless they have the companion in the store that allows you to grind for it. I ran this over a hundred times and this is the only companion I have never gotten and refuse to buy one for 400k AD the day after and event when normally you can get a green CTA companion the last day or day after for 100k or less in the past
  • Options
    dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In reality this entire Thread is about the Horrible Bad Random Number Generator.

But is it really random? The reason I ask is that after the last CTA I noticed a few people saying they got the companion followed immediately by the ancient curio. I went through that one more than 100 times and only got some AD and these always 3 or 4 times in a row.
    This time I was able to get the curio on my 4th run - went straight back in and that time got the companion, then again and got another curio. I did about another 40 runs (at various times during the day and night) and only received some AD this time also about 4 times in a row.

Would be interested to hear of others who have experienced the same pattern. It makes me think that the drops aren't really random but that they allocate a certain time of day and allow AD to drop for that period and another time for the companion and the curio.
    If this were to happen only once or twice per day then it would explain the pattern of consecutive runs producing a result. It hardly seems random to me and if that were the case then it hardly seems fair to most of the people who can't be on the server at the time that it happens.

Also agree that this CTA wasn't the most interesting.
  • Options
    theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dhkyino wrote: »
    But is it really random? The reason I ask is that after the last CTA I noticed a few people saying they got the companion followed immediately by the ancient curio. I went through that one more than 100 times and only got some AD and these always 3 or 4 times in a row.
    This time I was able to get the curio on my 4th run - went straight back in and that time got the companion, then again and got another curio. I did about another 40 runs (at various times during the day and night) and only received some AD this time also about 4 times in a row.

Would be interested to hear of others who have experienced the same pattern. It makes me think that the drops aren't really random but that they allocate a certain time of day and allow AD to drop for that period and another time for the companion and the curio.
    If this were to happen only once or twice per day then it would explain the pattern of consecutive runs producing a result. It hardly seems random to me and if that were the case then it hardly seems fair to most of the people who can't be on the server at the time that it happens.

I got two Brain Dawgs (104 runs), and both times, the chest immediately before the companion held an R5 enchant, and the chest after held an Ancient Curio. The last CTA had the same pattern: two companions: R5 - companion - Ancient Curio. One of those also had an Ancient Curio in the chest with the companion. (Gonna have a stack of those things at some point.)

I only run events on that one toon now, since she is the only one with any 'RNG' luck.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    they allocate a certain time of day and allow AD to drop for that period

The AD drops are during the skirmish event , you get 1000 AD.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The AD drops are during the skirmish event , you get 1000 AD.

I was talking about the CTA. I certainly didn't get 1000AD every time. As I said it was 3 or 4 times in a row - most of the time it was medallions, a dye pack and level 3 or 4 enchantments.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...Yes, the CTA is a skirmish. If you run it during skirmish hour, every time you complete it during the skirmish hour, you will get 1k RAD. This is every skirmish. Including the current CTA if there is one. There's no randomness or mystery to you getting 1k RAD 4 times in a row, any more than if I run Dread Legion 4 times during skirmish hour. (Well, you can generally get more than that because DL isn't as slooow, but you know what I mean.)
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    ...Yes, the CTA is a skirmish. If you run it during skirmish hour, every time you complete it during the skirmish hour, you will get 1k RAD. This is every skirmish. Including the current CTA if there is one. There's no randomness or mystery to you getting 1k RAD 4 times in a row, any more than if I run Dread Legion 4 times during skirmish hour. (Well, you can generally get more than that because DL isn't as slooow, but you know what I mean.)

OK I stand corrected. That certainly explains the AD drops. Still the question of the others clumping together. I know that it's possible in a random drop but with the apparent scarcity of companion drops it hardly seems likely it would happen too often. I noticed on the AH there were over 40 of the companions for sale last night so I guess there must have been a reasonable number that dropped.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Ran probably 80-100+. Being away from the game for 6 monthes; I wasnt burnt out on previous CTAs (the last I participated in was Gatecrashers). The drop rates are very RNG. Gatecrashers I saw nothing good.

This CTA first run I did I got the pet. 3rd run I got an ancient curio (slayer belt). By the end of the 80+ runs I had 2 pets and 3 belts.
    Pets dropped on run #1 and around run #60. Ancient Curios dropped run #3, #27, #63 approx.

RNGesus was kind to me. But it wss alot of runs. I actually liked this one alot better than gatecrashers. The only downside was the wait time between spawns. I ran it across 5 characters (only didnt with my DC), my lvl 40 TR and lvl 44 HR had the most fun.
    - This is a post I put on another thread about the drop rate

I had a similar occurrence. Both times I got the pet, 2 runs after I got a curio. Just RNG/random I suppose.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    65 runs was the average to get the pet, based on aggregated data we collected from multiple players running the CTA, which was the most boring, longest one to date.
  • Options
    captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Considering it's an uncommon companion and take some 1.3m AD to upgrade to purple then I don't see why the drop rate is so low.

It's not as AD fall from the sky.
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This CTA takes the prize for most boring event, ever. More than the fireworks, which at least looked cool. 65 runs, no curio, no pets. Hours of my life stolen from me. RNG is not random. If it were, it wouldn't consistently take ~15-20 attempt to refine at a 30% success rate.
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Considering it's an uncommon companion and take some 1.3m AD to upgrade to purple then I don't see why the drop rate is so low.

It's not as AD fall from the sky.

Exactly. You should be able to buy it from the medallion store if the RNG gimmick isn't kind to you. 5,000 otherwise-worthless medallions would be fine, and make those bind-on-pickup.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Some people were manipulating the market with this pet by using their combined AD stashes to clear the AH of any devourer's selling for under 250k. This inflated the price to superficial levels so that they will inevitably raise from there as it stops dropping, ensuring the exploiters' (not exploiting the game, but the market, which is allowed) profit margin by at least 2x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]