test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Preview- Call to Arms Gate Crashers

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited July 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey everyone,

A new Call to Arms Skirmish Event is coming next week. Check out all the rewards you can get here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6004063-event-preview-call-to-arms%3A-gate-crashers

-Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anyone else find it kinda disapointing that the weapon transmutes are almost identical to the deathknell transmutes from the defend the temple cta?
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nop i want the new blue fire transmutes for my GF :)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I want the Intellect Devourer! The dyes look awesome too!
  • bosbitbosbit Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Found the hidden code. It is getting harder and harder to find them! :D
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Come on Neverwinter!!!!!, look at the weapons... the one for the GWF is beautiful, very very nice! But the one for TR IS HORRIBLE once again!! Too big, too thick, too unreal!! You should design more stethic and delicate weapons for the Rogue, real daggers, not uggly semi-swords!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dang. Found it but I'm at work and can't enter it for five more hours! Better still be some when I get home!
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This seems like a good time to clarify what percentage changes to combat advantage are because you are releasing a companion with one, and whether they are the same thing for plus percentage and minus percentage.

For example, the stalker says +5% combat advantage. Does that mean if I do an extra 15% damage from combat advantage that
    a) I do 20% damage from combat advantage
    b) or does it mean I do an extra 15*1.05 = 15.75% damage from combat advantage.

Just clarifying.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Developer guys , have you guys added the companion to the CTA store this time please? if you haven't could you please at least think about adding a bound version to the CTA store for those of us who have awful RNG luck.

qutsemnie wrote: »
    This seems like a good time to clarify what percentage changes to combat advantage are because you are releasing a companion with one, and whether they are the same thing for plus percentage and minus percentage.

For example, the stalker says +5% combat advantage. Does that mean if I do an extra 15% damage from combat advantage that
    a) I do 20% damage from combat advantage
    b) or does it mean I do an extra 15*1.05 = 15.75% damage from combat advantage.

Just clarifying.

Just a heads up , the companion in the blog picture is level 30 , the one we can get from the CTA is level 20 by default so it will probably be 2% or 3% until you upgrade it.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • brassknight52brassknight52 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Dang. Found it but I'm at work and can't enter it for five more hours! Better still be some when I get home!

where is the code?
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh. My. Moradin.

BRAIN DOGGIE.

This answers the hope I've had since the CtA events began. I thought it would be the reward for whenever Aberrant Assault became a CtA, but this is even better. Plus, I managed to miss this skirmish while leveling my various characters, so this'll be a whole new experience for me.

So. Much. Awsesome.

(I'll agree the TR weaponry could use a little more love, though. Most of their transmutes have had a bulky, unwieldy look about them, with less variety than most of the other weapons and offhands. They could use more distinctiveness.)
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am super excited for this CTA, I always love running this skirmish as I level, it is probably my favorite skirmish. The dye and the GWF transmute look nice in the screenshots(TR and HR look meh hope the DC and CW are good), plus a brain doggy!
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've been waiting for a dye pack that features a nice, strong blue so I'll be grinding for those. The weapons look nice, also.

A request, if I may. Would the developers kindly verify that the combat advantage active companion bonus is actually working before the event begins? And not just on normal hits, but also on critical hits. Testing of the same active companion bonus on the Blink Dog has been inconclusive, at best. In some cases people have found that their combat advantage damage decreased when the Blink Dog is equipped. Mine showed no difference at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love the look of the dye pack, but it seems many of the weapon skins are recycled from the Ebon Downs CTA, (scythes, etc).

Please please please make the companion available via the Medallion of Battle vendor.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That description for the Intellect Devourer is creepy and sad. :< Poor intellect devourer. :<

Weapons look to just be reskinned Deathknell. TR one is of course hideously ugly and overly large. Ew.

Dye pack looks good. Brown is boring, but the other colors look good, will need to stock up on these and get some blue dye.

Not looking forward to the actual CTA. Gate Crashers is one of the worst skirmishes.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will be playing til I get that companion, or my brain falls out... and grows legs.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • pyroknight7pyroknight7 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The code won't work T^T
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, think all codes have been claimed already. The info should be updated on blog.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • foxxyfelinefoxxyfeline Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Yeah, think all codes have been claimed already. The info should be updated on blog.

Since I'm new to this, once I do find the code where do I enter it? Thanks! =^.^=
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since I'm new to this, once I do find the code where do I enter it? Thanks! =^.^=

You need to install ARC , up at the top of the forum it says 'back to games news' click that and it will take you to the ARC website , you need to install the ARc client to redeem the codes.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • victrollavictrolla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Look up to the Arc logo on upper left side and see a "v" ... click on "v" (which is actually Arac's version of a downward arrow). This "v" is above the left and right arrows and the refresh symbol. Then, select "Redeem a Code".

Good luck. I got an error message for my key so perhaps it has been redeemed to the max.
  • foxxy1223foxxy1223 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I also go the error message so pretty sure it's done. Need to update the blog so people stop trying. Thanks iambecks1 and victrolla for the help. Maybe next time I will find the code sooner. =^.^=
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey so....

Naicalus was right on the money, that looks like the Death Knell bow... I'm not so upset about it being the same bow at all! that bow is sweeet!!!!!!!!!!
    However,
    Please.. Please! fix the string on it. it needs to be actually attached to the bow, so bad. so bad....

that's not too much to ask? :)

Love what you are doing with the game <3

interested also in that combat advantage damage bonuses and stacking question... I love the idea of combat advantage for me and my team though aspect of the pack -- a skill that I've always equipped in my tray.
  • captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So where on the page was the code ? I looked but couldn't find it lol.
  • jpfm101jpfm101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So where on the page was the code ? I looked but couldn't find it lol.

It's there, you just have to try a little harder ;)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Found it, but guessing they've all been used. Boo hoo sob.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Seriously? This CtA is like watching a black and white movie in slow motion. Could you please speed up the mob generation, as I find one dye, 2 battle tokens and one rank 4 enchant quite inadecuate prize for a near fifteen minutes run...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So is this CTA basically the full skirmish?

It feels like it and takes forever. Its not a cut down version.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I knew the speedrunners would not like this one.