test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some helpful advice from a new player who lost interest in this game....

2»

Comments

• arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Neverwinter has arguably the best MMO PVP combat of all MMORPGs. PVE on the other hand is probably the easiest and most unbalanced mess of any MMO in history (LFM 4CWs... LOL).

What they should do is capitalize on the strengths of the game and expand PVP. Forget about PVE it's dumb.

It's funny to see comments like this when the current forum poll in the general forum has a much higher split of people playing for the PVE aspect of the game (Obviously the poll isn't a complete breakdown of the player base but it's an interesting indication). I guess it just highlights that the PVP player base is the most vocal.
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to agree with hamlet here.

Some toughts:
    I love the level and landscape design while leveling to 60. Amazing gameplay and atmosphere.
    I like the graphics and the design of items and their apearance.

Th dungeons are great when u run them for the first time.

But the endgame pve grind is dull and boring. They have NOTHING to do with d&d feeling. I just came from a 2 days d&d session with my brothers. Dungeons in actual pen n paper rpgs depend on much more than throwing thousands of adds at the heroes. There are cool explore options for rogues. Cool stuff for mages. Good deeds to do for paladins and clerics. And mysteries to unreveal for the warlock.
    There are alternative routes u can go and alternative endings. Dont say u cant implement this in a computer game. Just imagine the Baldurs Gate titles. Just a fraction of zheir creativity implemented in this game and u would had a block buster game.

With all that beeing said, the fun for me in this game comes from pvp and competitive play against human beeings with a very cool and fast combat system. The fundamental mechanics of the gameplay are amazing, besides all balance problems.
    My individual opinion on this matter ofc.

The problem isn't doing that in a computer game, that's easy, the problem is doing it in an mmo. I've seen an mmo that provides amazing cutscenes and story modes while going thru the endgame dungeons. New players get told to skip it or they'll be booted, and they are booted when they don't skip so that they can't do the dungeon without skipping. This is an mmo, not a single player title or even an old LAN game of just a few people that you know. It won't work out doing any of those things in an mmo because of the social issues that happen. Implementing them actually starts destroying the game.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Of course there are some PvP focused CWs, They really dominate their class.

sometimes as GWF i have no chance to use unstoppable because they non-stop controlling me.

Entangling force -> Shard of the Endless Avalanche -> Repel/Steal time -> chill Strike -> all again Entangling force
    and on occasion "Ice Knife" of course-

CWs Teleport is probably one of the best dodge-Skills inGame.
    just behind to HR-

1.HR
    2.CW/TR
    3.GWF/DC

GF= Block all incoming DMG to zero for me its same like immunity.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●