test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats up with level 9 Alchemy

krimagekrimage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So when asking the might team of tech support, bug posting, and yadda yadda yadda. I was told to come here and post my little question.

Alchemy level 9 nothing is showing how to obtain these sweet little scripts called Basic Alchemical Knowledge. From my understanding this item is only obtained when you create the unstable Potions. Well on my lower levels that potion has disappeared to make and showing standard items to make to include blues. Anyone got an idea what to do to get those Basic Alchemical Knowledge scripts to get past level 9 to 10 where they are showing there and beyond?
The voice in my head tell me we are all part of the Walking Dead!
Post edited by krimage on

Comments

• tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Look for a task called "Experimentation" (also make sure you don't have any excess filters enabled if you can't find it).
    Also, try forcing a full refresh of the page (ctrl + F5)

Just spotted it: third task in your first screenshot
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is nothing to do with what you are making, sometimes it will be Goo.

Just experiment for scrolls (Knowledge), and research for XP.

That never changes, and is all you need to worry about. =)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • shavaruinshavaruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    A47av97.png
    The tasks do exist. Check your filters. But you're right in saying it doesn't say you can get AK with experimentation. No experimentation task says it does.

The reason is because it is not a guaranteed result. It's a potential result. The things listed are guaranteed. I do agree it should be somewhere in the tooltip though. OP made it to lv 9, so he must have been exposed to this mechanic.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    He has been, but there must be an FAQ somewhere that says you gain alchemy knowledge by making unstable potions instead of by doing experiments, because this isn't the first time the question has come up phrased in the exact same way.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    He has been, but there must be an FAQ somewhere that says you gain alchemy knowledge by making unstable potions instead of by doing experiments, because this isn't the first time the question has come up phrased in the exact same way.

It's possible. But the "make unstable potions" thing is so prevalent in the lower levels of Alchemy that it's also the "default word-of-mouth".

I always explain it like this: Scroll until you see the Yellow XP reward. That is the Research. Always immediately just above that is the experimentation. Always do the Experimentation until the Research task lights-up, then do that.

Because of the Random Number Generator that gives these scrolls Alchemy is many times slowest to level, save Leadership. I've leveled all the other professions in about two weeks or so. I must admit the wicked Alchemy level 20 Hybrid health potions are pretty kick-butt.
  • krimagekrimage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is why I love this community you are all awesome in your answers and thanks for the help!!
    The voice in my head tell me we are all part of the Walking Dead!