Install Arc
Options

rare fire archon ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think it was an companion. I remember there was a time where you got wrong quality companions for a while.

And that would explain where this came from. As something like that would probably be over looked by the developers. There were some companions when they released active bonuses that didnt have them initially either until reported about it in preview. i remember one of the spider companions didnt have a bonus from that.
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    I bought this thing off AH, haven't equipped it, though. If anyone wants this "rarity", just message me and I'll sell it for 600k+.

I'll post more pictures later. But so far it looks like a normal Fire Archon without a set bonus.

If you still have it I'm interested. I sent you a private message via the forums with my @handle
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I asked dwightmc in the maintenance thread and he said he will try to find out and get back to us so we could find out the answer to the mystery soon xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I asked dwightmc in the maintenance thread and he said he will try to find out and get back to us so we could find out the answer to the mystery soon xD

Nice, I hope he will be able to give us an answer, ty for letting him know
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    tolnortolnor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    did we get an answer to this one?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    So was that an exploit of a bug?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The fact that we haven't gotten an answer makes me suspect that there was some sort of bug or exploit with this.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Alright this is bugging me now I want to know XD
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Next Thursday we should try to ask dwightmc again when he posts the maintenance notes and see if he found anything out.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This is clearly not legit and selling this should be bannable
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The person who created that item using some sort of bug should. The guy that bought it from AH should not.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    The person who created that item using some sort of bug should. The guy that bought it from AH should not.

well he bought it for the only purpose of selling it a higher price and speculation on a bug or a exploit should be punished
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    well he bought it for the only purpose of selling it a higher price and speculation on a bug or a exploit should be punished
    I.E I couldn't buy it myself so ban the person who bought it before me. >_>

Noone knew what item was that and noone still knows.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I.E I couldn't buy it myself so ban the person who bought it before me. >_>

Noone knew what item was that and noone still knows.
    I actually wonder why one should buy it, i mean it's a unique item but still totally useless, i could pay 1 ad for it
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I actually wonder why one should buy it, i mean it's a unique item but still totally useless, i could pay 1 ad for it
    Throne of lion is useless too. People still buy it? xD
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Throne of lion is useless too. People still buy it? xD

well you are right and i even stop farming that event after i saw it lol but still it's WAI and it could be considered a fashion item almost
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still don't think it is some sort of "for profit" scheme. There was only the one and it sold for much less than the standard model. I tend to think it was either:
    A) a good-faith error, aka, the player got a single bugged item accidentally and just wanted to rid themselves of it for a reasonable price, without malice.
    B) a very old bug from the mists of Beta and stashed in a Bank Slot from a long unused character and only recently unearthed during a bout of spring cleaning. As I mentioned before I do remember something about one of the Tradebar Items being Bugged for a time.

Neither one of which would constitute a ban-able offence. If it were something more sinister you would have seen a "Caturday" or the recent Alchemy situation, not one single lonely critter languishing on the AH.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited July 2014

This was bought at approx $8 net worth price tag.

People buy paintings and weird art for thousands to millions of dollars.

Trust me, this is nothing.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . I'll try and remember to bug them when they're in the office Monday, as this isn't an emergency topic. Feel free to remind me by PM if you don't hear back on this by Tuesday (the 22nd of July).

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I'll try and remember to bug them when they're in the office Monday, as this isn't an emergency topic. Feel free to remind me by PM if you don't hear back on this by Tuesday (the 22nd of July).

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Hey Zeb, was wondering if you'd managed to figure anything out yet.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Hey Zeb, was wondering if you'd managed to figure anything out yet.
    We've pinged them again, waiting for word. Sorry! I do know Cryptic is looking into it though.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The blue Fire Archon is still sitting in my bank. I haven't found any use to it except just having something no one else has: a blue Fire Archon without an active bonus.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This is hilarious. Still no word on cryptic? I am seriously curious how one would get this companion
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This is hilarious. Still no word on cryptic? I am seriously curious how one would get this companion
    Nay. When I reported and inquired on this on behalf of this thread, all I was told was that they are looking into it.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014

My guess - it was stashed in the mail when changes went through, and it didn't get picked up by the system that was altering the pets in inventory, active / Idol slots, AH etc.

But it's just a guess, and likely wrong, too. ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    My guess - it was stashed in the mail when changes went through, and it didn't get picked up by the system that was altering the pets in inventory, active / Idol slots, AH etc.

But it's just a guess, and likely wrong, too. ;-)

It can't be that , the regular fire archon we can get in the game has always been epic quality , this one is rare quality and by the looks of it literally the only one on the whole server.