test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy past level 9

krimagekrimage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have seen some OLD posts but nothing on what I am seeing with my Alchemy. I got to level 9 and from my understanding I have to make unstable potions to get the alchemy scripts to level up. The only problem is not I see no recipe process to make unstable potions. What am I missing?
The voice in my head tell me we are all part of the Walking Dead!
Post edited by krimage on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You do the experiment tasks to collect knowledge, then do research, the exact same way as you got Alchemy to level 9 in the first place. The experiments always make an unstable potion, and might also give you a recipe and knowledge.

Why would you think it's any different than it worked before?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Levels 9, 11 and 13 are a bit different. Below is what I posted on another thread.

"Alchemy Level 9 is a transmutation level. You need to continue doing the Rank 9 experiment, Primordial Goo, until you have unlocked 10 transmutation tasks:
    Create - Brightleaf, Dessert Rose, Fundamental Fire, Fundamental Ice, Symbol of Tempus
    Transmute - the same as above

Once these have been unlocked, your Primordial Goo task should give you the scrolls needed to do the Level 9 Alchemical Research.

Ranks 11 and 13 are very similar.

=RV="

Edit: Link to the official wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Alchemy
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ah yes. I had forgotten that slight difference.

You still do experiments and then research though. That part is no different at all. Unstable potions and primordial goo are a byproduct of the experiments, not the purpose.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have ranked this to 20 on 6 or 7 chars. By spending a lot of AD it took me about 3 days each (I think.)

Usually it's like this..

Hit new level. Unhide tasks with unmet reqs. Note how many scrolls I need. Hide unmet task reqs. Type Exp in search field. Do that rapid fire, and pay the 444AD or whatever it is to complete immediately. Buy or otherwise acquire whatever I run out of..

Remove the search filter once I have enough scrolls and do the task to go to next mission. What they produce is completely ignored.. it's just the type that matters. Experimentation to get scrolls, and Research to advance. All the other tasks are for ignoring, they may be fun to come back and poke with a stick, later on.

Just what I do, no idea if it's right or wrong. I only spend AD on the Experimentation tasks, never the Research tasks.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |